Testarossa A/C and Fan Switch | FerrariChat

Testarossa A/C and Fan Switch

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by pv908, Oct 14, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. pv908

pv908 Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul V
    Cheers, I am in Sydney and have imported a Jan 89 Testarossa from the UK (RHD),

The variable temperature control has been disconnected and a switch inserted to turn the heater tap either full on or off. (Very hot or cold).

The variable speed fan control only works at full speed and when the A/C is engaged. So not for normal airflow. Is this normal?

I am removing the Themo Fan at the condenser as it does not work (probably salty).

Having owned a 308 for 17 years I am used to the electrics issues with Ferrari but am uncertain whether to just change the switches or if something else needs to be addressed. Have looked for 6 six hours on archives with no success but am new to this site.

Any help is appreciated.

Paul V

2. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    The variable fan speed controller works via a transistor in the center air duct. When you get full speed only and no modulation it is usually a failure of this transistor. It will also blow a small fuse located in the fan speed controller itself located under a small round black cap on the side of the unit. If the fuse is blown, replace the transistor.

3. vlamgat

vlamgat Formula Junior

Jan 9, 2004
    Is that circuit fuse and control arrangement the same on the 512 tr - I wonder?

4. Rifledriver

Rifledriver Three Time F1 World Champ

Apr 29, 2004
    Austin TX
    Full Name:
    Brian Crall
    I don't know, but I doubt it because I have fixed many in TR's but never in a 512.

5. pv908

pv908 Karting

Oct 11, 2004
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Paul V
    Thanks for your knowledge here, Is the best access for the transistor through the footwell, or through the Dash or something else.? Could this also be the root cause behind the thermostat switch not working originally before the unusual mode was placed that I need to remove. I can't have either super hot or cold going through the system.

Note I have no fan at all through normal ventilation!

I appreciate you help here.

Paul V