Great LA Times, Ferrari articles........ | FerrariChat

Great LA Times, Ferrari articles........

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by SrfCity, Oct 13, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

"Meet Ferrari's artist in residence - Frank Stephenson is the American-born chief of design for Ferrari and Maserati, in charge of coordinating design and styling between the factories and the styling house Pininfarina in Turin, Italy."

Here:

http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-hy-neilside13oct13,0,2019337.story?coll=la-class-autos-highway1

And even better F430 article, "When the shark bites ..."

Here:

http://www.latimes.com/classified/automotive/highway1/la-hy-neil13oct13,0,1376576.story?coll=la-class-autos-highway1

2. ForzaMe

ForzaMe Rookie

Mar 8, 2004
    I don't like how the Enzo and the F430 share the same rear, it looks too similiar. Each model should be unique. Or maybe this is a new interpretation of the rear lights- traditionally it's just been two circlular lamps at either end for the lights (i.e. F355, F50, F40, 550). With this design, there was a clear differentiation between the models, yet it linked them all to a common design theme. The Enzo rear is such a strong design that there is little room to change, so maybe that's why the F430 looks so similiar to the Enzo.

As for the design of the newer Ferraris, I think the design is a bit more lambo-aggressive with fewer curves compared to the the last generation of Ferraris, which placed more emphasis on curves, which lent it to a more softer, "prettier" look. The F355 is prettier looking than the F430, which looks more aggressive and serious.

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

If that's what you believe you're 100% correct :)

4. kescape

kescape Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Talking about similarity reminds me of Benz. They are all pretty much the same. Porsche is not a lot better specially the front. Japanese cars have more distinctive styles under the same brand.