How wide is a 360M? | FerrariChat

How wide is a 360M?

Discussion in '360/430' started by noony, Jan 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Does anyone have the dimensions? Seeing if one will fit in our garage. TIA.

2. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

I would make the car fit the garage!! ;)

Here are the dimensions of the 360 Modena

Length 176.3 in , width 75.7 in, and height 47.7 in

3. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Me too...but I don't think the neighbours would like it! Thanks a lot.

4. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
  5. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    I assume the 1925mm width doesn't include the wing mirrors? If not, I could be in trouble...

6. bostonmini

bostonmini Formula 3

Nov 8, 2003
    anybody have the ground clearances for the maranello or modena?

7. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    thomas_b

It looks like you have the dimensions from the Ferrari manuel, is there a diffrence between messurements of the EU and NA cars?

I looked at the dimensions from Automobile magazine's spread by Don Sherman "Mid-Engine Madness". They compare the Gallardo, the Ford GT and the 360 Modena.

I do not understand why there would be a diffrence in dimensions?

8. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    ahhhh - I though that I would be smart this time and post the owner's manual page so to not start a discussion .....

yes it is from the pdf version of the US owners manual - for the Stradale weight discussion I downlaodes all versions to compare numbers - so I had the document handy on my desktop and thought I post the page

for completeness and because I never learn - here is the EU version of the page:

9. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Would you guys burn me at the stake if I left it outside and put a cover on it instead?

10. spyderman

spyderman Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Toronto - Canada
    Full Name:
    Spyderman

Good post Thomas:

I looked at the Automobile mag spread that "Loungedog" referred to and he is right...the messurements that he listed are different then the ones you are posting from the Ferrari manual?

I got to believe that Ferrari must know how wide their cars are, were the Automobile writers smoking a little to much crack?

11. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    No, its just a car.

12. forzarich

forzarich Karting

Nov 11, 2003
    Dorset, UK
    I had that problem, got a friend to bring his round to check before I bought one.
    Our house is built in the last 2 years and has a standard width garage door, I think its 220cms wide, and the car was something like 206cms. I can back it in by folding one mirror in...

Having had a Suzuki Cappuccino in there for a year or so it is amazing the difference in size, the wheely bin now only just fits and the bike lives in the house, mind you if I could get rid of that crappy old wooden piano we rescued life would be easier but hey, enough of my troubles ;)

13. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    if ti doesn't fit in the garage, put it in the living room.

14. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    #14 noony, Jan 12, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Cappucino to 360, that's a big jump. You can see our garage in this pic. So you can fold the mirrors in? That could help a lot. The 360 is 7 inches wider than our current 996, which only just fits in. What do you think?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Absolutely not... and if it's as easy for you to just jump in and go for a ride as it was for you make that statement, then you're a fine example for us all...

16. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Hehe...as you can see it's just a quick reverse back to the left and forward...daily driver and weekend blasts...roughly 6-10k miles a year. That'll be ok maintainance wise won't it?

17. Michele Spinolo

Oct 16, 2004
    Could someone please tell me how much is the ride height approximately?

18. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Whoops! Unless that's the Fatboy 996 (S) I think you may have a problem Houston. The 996 went into my garage like a breeze; the 360 fits with a couple of inches to spare. Yes I know I haven't given any measurements, this is comparative.

19. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Noony,
    I think Kevin's right .... why don't you put a post in UK section asking a very kind Reading based 360 owner to pop round so you can be sure of width?

20. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    This is a really old thread! I am now reasonably sure a 355/360 will fit in, maybe I'll ask someone to come round when it gets nearer the time/more certain.

21. KenC

KenC Formula 3

Dec 7, 2003
    Kent, UK
    Full Name:
    Ken
    You are in trouble, the measurement does not includ ethe wing mirrors. My garage door opening is 210 cm. My 360 only fits through the gap with one wing mirror pulled in. I then have a very small margin of error. Two mirrors installed at the top end of my garage helps to see daylight between car and garage opening.

Ken

22. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Ken-our garage is the same size as yours then. Just have to fold one mirror in then....

23. MikeR397

MikeR397 Formula 3

May 9, 2010
    SE Michigan
    So how wide is a 360 mirror end to mirror end? I assume the mirrors fold in?

24. Mattyrae

Mattyrae Formula 3
    BANNED

Apr 17, 2011
    They do fold in, but look at my pics, it is a wide car, I have to park the middle car in my garage setup at an angle towards the left bay.

25. PATLEW

PATLEW Formula 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Marvin /Waxhaw
    Full Name:
    Patrick Lewandowski
    If it does not fit make it fit