F430 Orders | FerrariChat

F430 Orders

Discussion in 'Australia' started by stephens, Oct 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Anyone here put in an order for the F430 yet? I put mine in yesterday and apparently have over a year to work out what options I want.
    What options will you be ordering and when are you expecting to see your car?

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Stephen, where in Australia are you? Over a year? I thought deliveries were going to be starting from mid 2005.

A 360 CS was only recently delivered here. Also I think there isn't a single 550/575M in this state. Most Ferrari sales here are 355's and used 360's, with a handful of 3x8's, 456's and Testarossa's. I doubt we'll be seeing any F430's in the near future.

3. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    I'm in Melbourne, plenty of 550's, 575's 360's etc over here. Sounds like it might be time for you to move!
    I am expecting it to take over a year as I am already only 20th on the waiting list, which is supposedly Lance Dixon's expected yearly allocation of the car.

4. AHG

AHG Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I have paid my deposit and believe I will receive my F430 in the first batch for Melbourne in mid 2005.

Pricing and options are not confirmed as yet, but I will order as follows:

Berlinetta
    Rossa Corsa
    F1
    Racing Seats
    Sat Nav
    Upgraded Stereo
    Brushed Aluminium instead of Kevlar dash

Still undecided on Carbon Ceramic Brakes, Yellow or Red Tacho.

Cheers,
    Andrew

5. zakeen

zakeen Formula Junior

Aug 29, 2004
    Czech Republic
    I was talking to some dealer, forgot., Wanted to know about a 348 and he said that the 430 wont be in production for RHD untill mid year next year. I am sure he said that. And they wont be on sale here untill start of 2006, I was in a little shock so I guess he was wrong.

6. jmillard308

jmillard308 F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 29, 2003
    Perth West Oz
    Full Name:
    John Millard
    Andrew
    ROFLMAO!
    A Sat Nav!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Is that nephew of yours such a bad navigator???
    And as for the stereo - give it the flick and get a Tubi instead!
    Best
    John

7. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Depending on the unit used, sat nav may be better off installed aftermarket, but can't help agree with getting Tubi's instead of the stereo.
    I'll wait to hear how the guys with the Stradales go longer term with their brakes before making a decision on the carbon ceramics.

8. AHG

AHG Karting

Jul 10, 2004
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I was in at the Dealer this morning.
    Update:
    Demonstrator arrives March 2005 for the Melbourne Motor Show.
    They expect my F430 to be delivered May/June 2005.
    John will be pleased to know that I will not be upgrading the stereo @ $5000!!
    They suggested Factory embedded shields on the front fenders.
    They suggested Rosso Scuderia (Formula 1 red) rather than the traditional Rosso Corsa, and of course matching brake calibres.
    They also suggested the Tyre Pressure Monitoring System.
    I would be interested in your views.
    Regards,
    Andrew

9. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Tyre pressure monitoring is important with the run flat tyre option, but otherwise seems to be a pain in the ass. The Germans still seem to have problems with it, so I'd hate to think how the elctronics would work in an Italian implementation.
    I'll probably go shields and definately want the race seats.
    I was thinking of Nero rather than the traditional Ferrari reds as a colour though.

10. Frari

Frari Formula 3

Nov 5, 2003
    brisbane australia
    Full Name:
    tony
    yep I was talking to a fellow last night who has ordered a stick shiftl 430 and he has been quoted 2006 so f1's will be even later in rhd imo.

11. BJ 1

BJ 1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2004
    Auckland New Zealand
    Full Name:
    BJ
    Demo 430's are F1 and will be Jan build for delivery in March.But shhh,dont tell anyone 'cause it's a secret o.k?Oh,and the first owner deliveries will probably be in May/June but allocations for each individual dealer wont be confirmed till next month.

12. Schmick325

Schmick325 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Bris east
    Ask any Porsche TT, GT2 or GT3 owner who has Carbon Ceramic brakes and you will get your answer - They are crap . . .

Last no where near their intended lifespan and brake performance is no more superior to conventional brakes. Funny how Porsche now markets them with the only benefit of them being a lighter component whereas at their release, they were supposedly the holy grail of brake performance and endurance.

13. scud

scud F1 World Champ

Oct 2, 2004
    don't quote the porsche ceramics against the brembos. i drive a gt3 with normal steel rotors and it is the best braking car I have driven on the track. you are right the porsche ceramics are no good but they have improved them for the new 997? gt3 which i will be getting. Back to ferrari brakes , when I order my 430 hopefully early next year????? I will be going for the carbon ceramics as I like to do a fare bit of track work. The thing for me isn't really that the rotors are ceramic, more that they are a lot bigger in diameter and the front callipers are 6 piston which is what is on my porsche , and when I'm doing about 240kph down the back straight of queensland raceway , I want to be happy I can stand on the brakes at the 100 metre marker and the car will stop every time. So what if they are more expensive , even if you do only 1 track day a year , you can't afford any brake fade with the amount of $$$$ the ferrari will cost if you back it into a wall.
    rock on

14. BJ 1

BJ 1 Rookie

Oct 9, 2004
    Auckland New Zealand
    Full Name:
    BJ
    Porsche are using 2nd generation PCCB's on the 997.I guess they needed to because the original ones were prematurely cracking up and didnt like stopping in cold weather.Not what you would expect for such an expensive option.