Any Dentists In The House...? | FerrariChat

Any Dentists In The House...?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by 134282, Oct 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Went to the dentist last week; she started a root canal and i'm scheduled to have it finished on Monday... Unfortunately, i'm in a lot more pain than expected; although i stretched it out, my vicodin prescription is done and it really didn't help much to begin with... i had a bottle of Aleve - of which i was taking 5 at a time - and now i can't find it... The bigger problem is that my tooth is only part of the problem... i guess the novacaine needle went into a muscle in my jaw, because it's sore as hell and i can barely open my mouth to eat; it's killing me - ok, i'm exaggerating, but it's definitely slowing me down... It took me almost three hours to eat dinner tonight and i didn't even finish... Anyone have any ideas on what i should do to tide myself over until Monday, so that i don't kill my liver and/or kidneys with this off-the-shelf crap...?

i'm going to buy another bottle of Aleve, i'll be back in a bit...

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Ever blend a pizza?

DL

3. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
    Sorry to hear it man. My advice? Drink Guiness... It's like a meal in a can and will help with the pain :D

4. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Should have gone to a male dentist.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, her husband was working on me for the last few months and i just saw her for the first time; i actually prefer her...

6. htran

htran Formula Junior

Mar 23, 2004
    Tracy(NoCa)/HB(SoCa)
    Full Name:
    P Quach
    Hi Carbon, call her after hour and get a Rx pain meds refill @ the pharmacy. Usually pain will be worst at night when laying down and nothing to do and think about...Most of the time root cannals can be done in 1 appt unless it's infected and need to be drain. If that is the case, you HAVE to take antibiotic to clear up the infection. The dose should be 7-10 days. By the 3rd or 4th day of taken antibiotic, you should feels better. Vicodin is only a tempory pain relieve meds. Antibiotic is the answer. Hope you will feel better soon.

7. normhuff

normhuff Formula Junior

Dec 14, 2003
    Peoria, IL
    Full Name:
    J. Norman Huff, Esq.
    Poor Carbon...It's amazing how a toothache can literally bring one to their knees. I'm going through the same crap right now, so I feel your pain. Ibuprofen was enough to tide me over until I was able to see my (male) dentist a week ago (Aleve and Tylenol do nothing for me). At the time this temporary relief would only last five hours before wearing off--nothing like waking up in the middle of the night with a throbbing tootache. Anyway the dentist x-rayed the tooth and put me on an antibiotic. This totally eliminated the pain within a day. So now I'm looking forward to a root canal this Friday to end this saga. Then the only pain I feel will be in my wallet, since the procedure will put me over my deductible for the year...

8. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Rub oil of cloves over the affected area with a cotton wool bud, this will numb the whole area for a couple of hours keep reapllying untill monday, i warn you though it tastes like sh*t.

9. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Take Advil and drink a lot of Scotch. Ask your dentist if you can borrow a few tanks of their NOS until your next visit. I guarantee you will be out of pain!

10. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Henry, you've touched on a lot of truths there and some stuff i've already been through with them... If it IS infected, i'll be pissed since i just FINISHED an anti-bacterial prescription... Never got a hold of her, but i'll see her in about 12 hours... i'll make a big stink then... :)

Norm, the Aleve seems to be worth crap; at seemingly good advice, i've switched to Advil for the time being; from three, now to five every few hours, they just tide me over - the pain doesn't completely go away... The work she did last week was $700+ and i don't even know if that includes what she plans to do later today, to finish it up; either way, this is all cash for me - besides, shouldn't your co-insurance kick in after your deductible...?

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, um, thanks, but i think i'll have to pass on that advice... :)

12. Sfumato

Sfumato F1 World Champ

Nov 1, 2003
    Llanfairpwllgwyngyll, Anglesey, Wales
    Full Name:
    Angus Podgorney
    Hey, it worked in Marathon Man...You dentist didn't keep asking "is it safe?", did she??? :p

13. AntonyR

AntonyR F1 Veteran

Apr 12, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Antony
    I think the worst pain in the world is having a bad tooth ache. Im sorry. In the mean time take some over the counter pain killers.

Are there any dentist on this board???

I have a problem with grinding my teeth when I sleep. I got a mouth gaurd ( boy does it suck when I have sleep overs ;) ) I want to get them fixed though cause I have grided them down so much!!