Service schedule | FerrariChat

Service schedule

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stuh, Oct 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Just going through all the service records in detail on the new car...and a couple of dumb questions!

It appears to have annual stamps in the book for every year bar 2001, although one was done on 31st Dec 2000. Is this a concern?

Also, i have receipts for all servicing (JCT600) since 2000 but nothing from before that. The dealer advised that cambelts were done last year but i can't see this listed anywhere? Should i have a belts service schedule of some description or will it just have been done as a matter of course at the relevant annual service?

Also it appears the car was previously owned by an R Whitely of Harrogate. Didn't relalise Countdown paid so well :D

2. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    Hi Stuh

is the car a 95 or 96?

3. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks

Nice Enzo pic on your profile!

4. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    :D

If it's a 95 then the cambelts should have been done in 98, 01 and 04. It seems a bit strange they were done in 03. Perhaps, because of the lack of an 01 stamp, they were not done in the correct year? I don't know if this would matter. This would also not be a std annual service, as the major service should be done at 3 year intervals also.

I don't know if there would be a different stamp/some indication if the belts were done, I'm sure a fellow 355 owner can tell you that.

HTH

5. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    If the belts were changed that should be written in the service book, well at least it is mine.

6. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    What does that mean Noony?

Can't talk on MSN the Euros have swarmed past us again!

Cheers Kevan

7. noony

noony F1 Veteran

Nov 25, 2003
    Seoul
    Full Name:
    Johnathan
    hope that helps ;)

better get in the cafe then!

8. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Stu in my service book, when the belts have been changed, it has 'belts renewed' or something like that written in the service box. Re the 2001 belt change, check the page that has the 12,500, 25,000 and 37,500 'Chargeable service coupon'. When Lancaster changed the belts in '98 they stamped here instead of the normal service page, and wrote 'cam belt change' in the box.

9. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Cheers for the info. Sadly mine has no stamp there :(

Looks like i'm due some belts then!

10. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Mine's just been hand written into (I guess anyone could do that !!) but I have a receipt of the work done too. If it was a main dealer then they should still have it on record that you've had the belts done.

What do you think of the 355 ?

Are you still after a Tubi ?

Rick

11. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Love it! Only problem is that it hasn't stopped raining since i picked it up so not had a chance to drive her in anger so far :(

Tubi/decat, yes. Will be booking her in later today.........

12. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Always nice to see a full history, but sounds a bit like mine. My '99 355 missed an annual in 2000. Not really worried as 6250 was done the next year, and it had done hardly any miles. The annual service in just an oil and filter change and short check over (maybe brake fluid change too).

I'd be more worried if it had missed a mileage service.

Belt changes are essential, and are usually noted on the service stamp. No special space is given in the book curiously. Should be done every 3 yrs or 36k miles. Might be worth contacting a main agent to check to see if has been done in the main dealer network- they will have a record if it has.

Bear in mind that if you have the belt change done with a service, you will save money compared to having them done separately.

Glad to hear you are enjoying the car.

Robert.

13. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Cheers Robert

My car had the annual oil service in September done by the dealer. I notice that 25k is listed as a major service in the book. Should i be looking to get the belts done at this time? Currently on 24k and going up fast :D

Booked the car into Scuderia just now for tubi\decat so i guess they can give it a quick onceover.......

14. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    I'd get the mileage service done soon- this looks good for future buyers, and I think I'd get the belts done too, just so you know it's right (unless a dealer can confirm that it's been done in the last 3 yrs). The consequences of a belt snapping bring tears to the eyes!

FWIW, Scuderia will use Verdis to fit the Tubi for you; Verdis do a cambelt+18k mile service for around £1350+vat. Separately, it'd cost over £1700+vat.

Robert.

15. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    I'd been toying with the idea myself, as much for my peace of mind as anything else. Is the 18k a major service as listed in the book as 25k?

16. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stuh,
    forgive my ignorance, but didn't you check before buying the car the history was spot on? You shouldn't be having to do a belt change and service AFTER buying from a dealer.The work should have been done or be reflected in the selling price. The 18 K mile service on 95' 2.7 cars is a bit more expensive than regular service.

17. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Tony - The dealer advised that belts were done in 2002. I've just confirmed this was the case with JCT (i was concerned as the invoice for this work wasn't in my folder). It was bought on the basis that annual oil and filter was done 2 months ago but belts would need doing next year. Hence paying 47.5k against 54k sticker. I'm just the kind of person who prefers safe than sorry with my cars, so paying for a service now rather than waiting till next year seems a prudent course of action to me?

18. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Stu,
    sorry, didn't get the bit about belts done in '02. TBH, i wouldn't bother with the belt service 'till it's due , assuming there's a min of 3mths to go.

19. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Sort of- as far as I can tell there are mileage services every 6250 miles at 6250, 12500, 18750, 25000 and so on. 6250 is quite cheap, 18750 is a biggy. Assuming the car is not close to a mileage service, the car will get an annual service.

My car is in for its annual service now, but belts are not due 'til early April 05. I'm getting the belts done too because a) service advisor did me a cracking deal b) peace of mind, convenience. I'd have to do it in less than six months anyway...

Robert.

20. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Further update. Car is booked in for cambelt+major service in November. Verdi currently have a 2 month cambelt waiting list!! Anyone wanna set up a Ferrari franchise (aka money printing factory)?!

Edited to add - Well that's a cambelt + tubi on the credit card in the few few days of ownership! I sold it to the Mrs as a cheap runner after the M12 :D

21. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    What does the 18250 mile service entail ? and why does it cost so much more than the annual ?

Rick