First Post | FerrariChat

First Post

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Perfusion, Oct 16, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Hi Everyone -

Just wanted to say hello and introduce myself - this is my first post. My name is Aaron, and I have been following the FChat forums for almost 2 years now. Although I've been infatuated with Ferrari for as long as I can remember, the prospect of actually owning one has only become a reality in the past year or so.

I look forward to participating in the discussions here, learning a lot, and hopefully deciding on which model is the best for me!

Thanks!

2. Fan512bbi

Fan512bbi Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Mar 25, 2004
    Wales-UK
    Full Name:
    Steve.
    Hello and welcome, what model will you be buying?

3. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    welcome aaron, and don't worry anf ferrari is a good ferrari:)

4. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Thanks for the responses! Funny you should ask - I have *no* idea. I just go round and round on that one. It seems like alot of people go for the 3x8 series cars as their first F-car, whether it's for their pricepoint, DIY wrenchability, dependability, or availability (wow...that's alot of -ilities) in the current market. What I *really* want, in all honesty, is a GREAT no-stories car. I plan on driving it as much as possible (not necessary a daily, but it won't be a garage queen, either), so I don't necessarily have to have the lowest mile example out there. Then again, if the "right" car has few miles, I won't feel bad about buying it and quickly adding some miles.

In terms of what model, I'd really like to look at the older cars. Twelve cylinder if possible, but certainly Not a requirement. Probably in the 100-150k range... Daytona, maybe? I also plan on giving TRs a healthy look, but I have to admit that I *do* get scared by some of the stories I've read. Then again, I could totally fall in love with a perfect 308...I'm definitely open minded about my future car, and I suppose that I'm fortunate to not be *too* constrained by the dollar sign.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to just plunk down for a 355 - I've always thought they were one of the most beautiful modern cars made. There's plenty available in many color combos, etc., but it wouldn't be "unique." Hah! Listen to me...I'm already saying a 355 isn't unique - IT'S A FERRARI!!! So of course it's unique (especially for me), but the novelty would soon wear off, I think, and I'd wish I had purchased something perhaps a little less common.

I guess I'm a little weird - I like to be different, but I also like to have the best. I love flawless examples of cars, but I can't see myself *not* driving my car. I can tell I'm gonna be one helluva neurotic owner!!! At any rate, I guess that's why I finally registered... I need to be able to post questions, see pics, links, etc., and not just read. Thanks again for the responses! I feel welcome already!

5. PeterS

PeterS Four Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 24, 2003
    Goodyear, AZ
    Full Name:
    PeterS
    Welcome. I get to San Jose 1-2 days a week. I could make one of the trips with my '77 Euro 308 and we can go for a spin if you wish. It's not the highest-end Ferrari, but an extremely clean, uncorked Euro that I am very proud of.

Tell us more about yourself!

6. Perfusion

Perfusion F1 Rookie

Oct 16, 2004
    Marietta, GA
    Full Name:
    Aaron
    Peters,

Thanks for the offer! That would be *fantastic.* I would be my first ride in a Ferrari! I've sat in a Mondial, TR, and (of all things) an Enzo, but have never been in one while started, let alone moving.

About myself...hmm...I'm 25yo, married, and work as a Cardiovascular Perfusionist (I run the heart-lung machine in cardiopulmonary bypass procedures) here in San Jose. Don't get freaked by my lack of age, though, as I'm not just your average dumb kid who dreams of owning a Ferrari and trolls around the Fchat boards to scam rides out of people. I am truly an automobile enthusiast - but Ferrari is what really makes my blood hot and my heart race. I like all things Ferrari - F1, ALMS (although Prodrive isn't the *real* deal), Challenge Series, road cars (old and new), memorabilia, etc., etc. I have a pretty healthy collection of "stuff" started for a non-owner - lots of diecasts, some interesting posters/drawings, an odd 348SS brochure, and a couple other miscellaneous items. I think that comes from hanging around ScaleCars.com too much when I still lived in AZ... When the time comes to park the new vehicle in the garage, I'll already have the collection to go with it!

So that's me, in a nutshell. It'd be really great to meet up with some local folks...I'll have to check out the Northern California section. Thanks again for the warm welcome(s), and I'll see you around!

PS - Feel free to email me at "[email protected]" if you want to talk more about meeting here in SJ. Thanks!

7. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Hi Aaron and welcome to Fchat. :)

8. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Aaron, let me also,add a welcome. Whatever you end up buying, be sure to get a PPI (Pre-Purchace Inspection).

9. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Welcome to the board. There is a wealth of info here.