Finally a Pulled the trigger. | FerrariChat

Finally a Pulled the trigger.

Discussion in '360/430' started by Duane, Oct 15, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    Well after lurking for the past couple years and becoming obcessed the past 6 I pulled the trigger. I went back in forth between a Stradale or regular 360. I the end I found a dealer that can get me a 430 within about a year and a half when production begins, so I elected to go for the regular 360. I ended up getting a 2002 Giallo yellow coupe with 3700 miles. The car has rear challenge,painted calipers,black carbon fiber racing seats,F1,shields and modular wheels with black painted centers which will be for sale shortly.

Within the next few months I will be putting the Novitec wheels,exhaust and maybe some carbon stuff.

A couple of questions.

1. Can someone expain how to put the car in reverse. It was my understanding that you must first put the car in neutral then pull the lever back. That does not seem to be working. I first have to have the car in first gear, then I pull the lever back and it engages in reverse. I did have a PPI done and the clutch showed virtually no wear.

2. How do you release the hood once it has been released from inside the car?

Thanks for your help and I will be posting pics later this weekend hopefully

2. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    to the Ferrari mystique? Congrats, can't wait to see that beauty. Waiting on my 1st Ferrari as well, a 360 CS in about 3 wks. Refresh my memory from the days of the Funcars board. What Porsche did you have back then? Was it the Yellow Turbo? fyi, my screen name was Steve S over there. Sry I can't answer any of your questions, but I'm sure somebody will know what's up. I don't know a damn thing about Ferraris. But all that's about to change :)

3. riverflyer

riverflyer F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    Mendocino, Ca
    Full Name:
    John
    Duane, keep your foot on the brake when shifting to reverse. Enjoy your new ride, and as many will tell you, pics are obligatory!

4. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Congrats on the new car, you're going to love it! The hood catch is rather difficult to find. As you face the car, put your right hand into the opening palm down about 6" to the right of centerline, then move your hand to the left keeping it in contact with the bumper (not the hood), and it should snag the release. When you get it open, take a look and your next try will be easier. If you have further trouble with the first attempt, shine a penlight into the opening and you will see the latch.

Gary

5. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    duanage!!! dude!!! welcome to F country!!!

6. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    Congratulations! Sounds like it has awesome options. I hope you enjoy it.

7. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    Thanks guys for your help. I got the hood open. I know your foot has to be on the brake to put it in reverse, however I could not get it to engage when it was in neutral.

SRS or Steve I remember you very well from funcars its been along time. I still have my turbo and plan on keeping it long term. The car has 680HP and 700lbs of torque. Its a monster. Here are some pics. http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=13174&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

After driving the 360 coupe I can only imagine how awesome the the Stradale is.

Watt, great to see you I cannot believe you have actually kept a car more than three months.

8. GoodWood

GoodWood Formula Junior

Oct 2, 2004
    SE Florida/Indiana
    Full Name:
    Steve
    As for keeping my car more than 3 months, there's a perfectly logical explanation to my rapid trading of my 3 previous Porsches :) The 1st was a Silver C4...WAY too slow & a Tip. The 2nd was a Lapis Turbo, so, faster, but still a boring Tip. But, that car developed mysterious electrical problems they couldn't trace the source of after 5 attempts. So in comes a replacement car, thnx to the successful threat of implementing the Lemon Law. It was a Seal Turbo, but again, a boring Tip. Which brought me to my present (for Sale) white Turbo x50 6-speed I ordered, which I've now enjoyed for 2 1/2 yrs. Hope I have the same good luck with the Stradale I've enjoyed with this white turbo. See, I don't really just trade off my cars 'cause I've grown tired of the color!

9. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Steve: Duane was referring to Watt -- notorious for selling his cars short. :D

Duane: Hope our conversation helped with your PPI and delivery. Congrats on the new car -- drive it in good health!

10. 911Fan

911Fan Formula 3

Apr 15, 2004
    Southern California
    Congrats!

Now that you're able to open the trunk, take the owner's manual out and spend some quality time reading it. Apart from all of the customary stuff, the 360's manual has a great technical section which goes through the various systems of the car in surprising detail. If you're technically inclined at all, it makes for some great reading.

Enjoy your 360!

11. ben, lj

ben, lj Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    Congrats Duane! It's really hard to get us Pcar guys into Fcars sometimes but after it happens, you have to wonder why it didn't happen sooner :) Wait til you get the F430! It's got all the goodies of the CS with more torque.

12. stac973

stac973 Rookie

Jan 9, 2004
    Macon, GA
    Full Name:
    Paul Barry
    Duane,

Congrats on the new purchase! Adding to the comments already posted about opening the hood, here are a couple of other tips. The latch is located just right of center as tdf360 mentioned and also a few MM below where you might expect. Once your fingers find it, you will push down on the latch. I agree with tdf about shining a light in there to get used to the location. After a few times you'll have no problem.

As for closing, I prefer to slowly lower the hood back to the position it is in before you release the latch. I find this is better than the "bombs away" approach of dropping the hood from its fully raised position. I then push on the crest rather than painted surface until you feel it catch.

13. watt

watt Formula 3

Jun 17, 2004
    Northern Rocky Mountains
    Full Name:
    Giuseppe T Hemingway
    Duane --

says something about the CS, doesnt' it????

4 months, 5,000 miles.

starting to think about 575 Htdc, murci's etc, but the CS really is the most fun car at available