F1 title not just a dream - Barrichello | FerrariChat

F1 title not just a dream - Barrichello

Discussion in 'F1' started by Admiral Thrawn, Oct 17, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    :)

2. callaides

callaides Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Detroit, MI
    Looks like some pot stirring by 'ole Rubens...I love it.

3. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    All good stuff ... but the day that Barrichello crashes out, or crashes into MS, ensuring he does not just follow him home is the day that I believe that he really is not content to finish second.

While that might sound crazy to many, it shows that he is prepared to put his all in and not just drive for points. If it came down to a show down between MS and RB ... you can bet your bottom dollar that MS would crash out trying to win rather than follow RB home, if it meant loosing the WC.

Go RB, lift your game (and I want that to happen) ... but let your actions speak louder than mere words, otherwise you will become a DC ;)

Pete

4. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I for one hope that next year is the year for Rubens, that would be great. I agree that the "talk" is simply that, talk. But remember that Rubens takes a ton of crap from the press and the public in general over his position at Ferrari. He is finally speaking up for himself, and I applaud that. But like you, I hope he doesn't keep of this banter, without the wins and podium finishes necessary to back it up.

5. Aircon

Aircon Ten Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Jun 23, 2003
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    Peter
    He doesn't have to crash into MS, or crash out trying (that would be ridiculous) all he has to do is be faster. Once in a while, he is.

6. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Agreed ... but when he is chasing MS in a race, he has to be prepared to put it all on the line and maybe spin off trying so damn hard to catch him.

The great and worthy drivers are the ones that can push right and beyond the limit ... not just play it safe all the time.

Pete