Who owns the Stradale parked in the West Village? | FerrariChat

Who owns the Stradale parked in the West Village?

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Nabbs, Oct 18, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hey All,

A few weekends ago I was back in the city to tie up some lose ends in regards to our new place and also to scout parking garages. I came across one indoor garage (I think it was on W4th) with a nice Stradale parked inside, and was wondering if it belonged to anyone on this site? RobbiF. mentioned it might belong to a gentleman by the name of Hubert?

If so I was hoping that I might pick your brain re: those particular facilities, and specifically if you could recommend it for parking. I will be living very close to the Park, and would prefer something that is within reasonable walking distance, and this place seemed to fit the bill (plus parking next to a Ferrari ain't too shabby).

Can't wait to get back to NYC, 5 years away from Manhattan is far too long!

Regards,

-N

2. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    I don't know of any "gentleman" named Hubert.... WHat color was the car?

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    I know of a hubert but a gentleman?

4. tuttebenne

tuttebenne F1 Rookie

Mar 26, 2003
    Bay Shore, NY
    Full Name:
    Andy
    West 4th street? Is THAT where I left it? That was some night . . .

5. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    The fcar was silver with the nice stripes up the center, and was parked next to something covered with an audi car cover (couldn't tell what exactly).

I'm returning to my alma mater -- NYU, albeit this time not as a student. We will be temporarily living in NYU faculty housing, most likely in Washington Square Village (yes those awful towers just behind Stern). Then most likely moving out (maybe back to the upper west -- who knows).

JC: lay it on me brother! I don't mind walking a bit, as this will most likely not be a daily driver, but on the other hand why pay for parking Manhattan if it's a ***** to get to? Any places you can recommend where attendants don't touch your car, and you get to hang onto your keys would be ideal. I have already resigned myself that one spot in the village will cost what I am currently paying for 3 spots in Boston (then again, Boston is purgatory). Can't wait to troll the streets again looking for hooker...errr "ladies" ;) It's cool to see that there are fellow car folks that live in Manhattan (isn't it amazing how the whole "I live in NY now extends to Jersey?")

I may keep the ride in storage in Westchester (found a place next to the office that charges $100/mnth) during the winter months.

Is there generally a huge waiting list for parking lots? Or does a hundred to the manager help "find" a spot?

Thanks again fellas!

-N

6. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    sorry....that car was not mine.

i was in the west village a few weekends ago, but when i take the car out of my garage, i ONLY park on the streets.....EC style.

7. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    n there are no garages in the area where you will be housing that will either
    let you keep your keys or that i will trust.
    there is a garage on lafayette off of st. marks, across the street from crunch fitness gym. i use to park my car there, you pay them a flat monthly rate, then you give them "extra" money a month to the manager to let you hold on to the keys/to park it in a pre-assigned spot, and to allow for a car cover.
    then you tip the daily attendent to move any cars blocking your parked car.

from my experience, this system of "tips" works at most garages in the village.
    due to insurance/fire safety, most garages will not let you to take keys. i have 2 cars parked in the village area, where i park my car and take the keys.

otherwise, park in the flatiron/chelsea area or in emils hood tribeca for "flexible rules" parking garages.

what kind of car are you parking? an f car?

jc

8. pchop

pchop F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 12, 2002
    Usually NY often elsewhere.
    Full Name:
    John
    NABBS: Whatever you do, DO NOT PARK at a garage on 32nd and Broadway...I had a "BAD EXPERIENCE" there with my car.

P.S. - my girl is a real estate broker on the Upper Westside. Let me know if you need help with finding a place.

9. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hmm...interesting, I noticed that some garages have a flat fee they charge each time you move your car (~$4/pop). I guess the key part isn't so bad, but I assume that I won't find the attendent joy ridding through the streets of manhattan ferris bueller style? Kinda sucks to think I have to tip anybody anytime I want to grab the car and take it for a spin.

Is there a particular management company you can recommend? I also am trying to sign up for NYU parking, but alas I am not too hopeful.

I have a 2003 Z06 (and an 06 Z06 on order)...even though it's a chebby, I still like to baby it ;)

Thanks again for all the responses!

-N

PS - some city parking shots, just to prove I am ghetto -- http://nabbs.fbody.com/newbury/

10. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    whichever garage u choose, make sure u park it in a garage that is within 1 or 2 blocks from where u live. u will find out that it will be soooo inconvenient to walk more than 2 blocks everytime if u want to take ur car out.

11. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hubert -- 100% agree with you. It's either close to me or I sell the car and buy a scooter.

-N

12. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    nabbs,
    no particular management company, scout garages is what i do, and expect to pay a lot extra to get the service you want. very simple. cash talks.
    like what our EC crew motto says: yoU GoTs 2 pAy 2 pLAy.
    good luck.
    jc

13. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    I second this one... I didn't even think it was necessarily the case when I parked a 15 minute walk from where I lived (just figured the walk was good for me and wouldn't affect my driving) but now that I have my car in my building, I find myself taking a lot more spontaneous drives. Which is good. :)

14. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Agreed.

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
  16. young-nyc

young-nyc Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    Bayside, NY
    Full Name:
    Young Kim
    U sure it wasn't a red stradale?
    there is always a red stradale around there...the owner is Da Silvano...also owns a restuarant on 6th ave around 4th street.

17. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hehe...I may be be mildly retarded, but I'm not colorblind ;)

Yah it was silver -- 100% sure of that.

Thanks again all for the advice, I'll hopefully find something nearby.

-N

18. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    I think it's kind of hard to mistake titanium for red.

19. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    Hubert -- looking at the car in your profile, I'm fairly sure it was your sled!

-N

PS - why won't the sox lose already this is brutal! Especially since I live within feet of the ballpark. Ah! A Yankee fan trapped in the heart of red sox nation.

20. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    titanium and silver might be confused with each other.

either being confused with red is really next to impossible.

confusing with white is right out. :)

21. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert

i dont park in garages when in the village. i park on the street like a real ec playa!

22. Schultzois

Jun 22, 2004
    werd!

23. Nabbs

Nabbs Formula Junior

Dec 23, 2003
    Manhattan, NY
    Full Name:
    Naveed
    I may not park on the street, but I sure work it...er wait.

-N

24. notoboy

notoboy F1 Rookie

Jul 8, 2003
    NYC
    Full Name:
    David
    Pier 40 on Houston and the West Side Hwy. I used to park my TR there and my brother has been parking his 996 there for 2 years - never had a security or damage problem). Its a park and lock facility that costs about $250/month. Its a little known secret and there are tons of porsches and nice cars in it (348 Spider, Jag XK120, etc).

Definitely get a scooter - its the BEST way of getting around Manhattan.

25. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Keri used to park her 328 there. I used to put a few 993s there, too. It's a great spot -- BUT! It's a pain in the ass to get to and from...