Win an Enzo! | FerrariChat

Win an Enzo!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by angelis, Oct 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy
    Theres an ad in todays autocar with a "chance to win a ferrari Enzo".

3500 tickets to be sold at £285 each. You have to complete a "spot the ball" though.

If you do win it, you'd probably have to mortgage your house to pay for the insurance and servicing.

2. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    Is the company called Best of the Best by any chance? They operate at the ariports.

3500 x £285 = £997500.

It's easy money....

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    They've got it covered I guess because they don't close the competition 'til all the tickets have been sold.

As you say, easy money...

They've operated a similar scheme in Dubai airport for years. Just goes to show you don't even have to have an original idea to make a packet! (bit like Madjesky and AutoTrader)

Wish I'd thought of it!

Robert.

4. Stimmers360

Stimmers360 Guest

Guys, i know a bit about best of the best. Trust me the aint making much money. When you consider that each stand they have is about £35,000 a pop, then they have to pay for some of the most expensive 'space' in the country, manning the stands, buying the cars and the fact they do not turn over many cars per year ! Its hard to see where they can make money !

It looks great but when you dig deep you find the truth, aint that the truth !

5. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    some lads up here have done that up here witrh 4 wheel drives and motorbikes but they do it with the lottery bonus ballon a certain date as long as all tickets are sold then there is no cheating they did it with a yamana R1 bike at £200 a ticket last year sold 49 tickets £9800 they have also done it with a shogun 4x4

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    I guess deep down it's pretty superficial...

7. angelis

angelis F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 18, 2004
    London, England
    Full Name:
    Sy

It's being done by www.bigoncars.com

If anyone from here buys a ticket and wins, I expect a ride around the block as my commission.

8. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan
    :) I had to read that 3 times 'till I got it - D'oh :)