Yankees / Red Sox Series | FerrariChat

Yankees / Red Sox Series

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by tfazio, Oct 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan
    I have been watching this series and it is turning out to be what I thought it would be- great baseball. I think the Yankees will win tonight but David Ortiz has been unbelieveable. Are other people watching this series? Does anyone think Boston will win the next two and come back from 3-0 down?

2. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I hope it goes seven games...just so we can enjoy more of these GREAT games we are being treated to!

DL

3. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Not sure I can take it much longer, After staying up till 1:30 AM Sun Figured I would be able to get to bed early last night with a 5:00 start, Wrong. Game got over at 11:00 and was so wired could not fall asleep. Hoping for a rain out tonight. Need the sleep. But yes I think the Sox will do it. Figure if their going to break the "curse" this is how it will be done. In some sort of record setting fashion

4. tfazio

tfazio Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 20, 2004
    Michigan

I know how hard it can be to go to sleep after watching your favorite team play. That is the way it is for me when the Red Wings and Pistons are in the playoffs. I can only imagine what Red Sox fans have been going through. If the Red Sox lose in 7 this might be the most tragic loss for BoSox fans yet. How will they recover?

5. TCM

TCM Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2003
    Tyngsborough, MA
    The Yanks still have the upper hand but the Red Sox are showing their heart these past two games. If Schilling does 85% of his usual outings, this is going to 7 games IMHO (hope I am not jinxing anything). The Boston bats have yet to actually start hitting. It has been a great series minus game 3 though. No one can complain about playoff baseball being boring. Go Sox!

6. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    What a great last couple of games!

Go Sox!

7. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Lovin' it! Go BoSox!

But you know I gotta show the love Go 'Stros!

8. scott61

scott61 F1 Rookie

Feb 11, 2004
    North of Boston
    Same way as usual, The old "Wait till next year" At least we got our Patriots but boy will things suck if we lose to the Yankees then Jets stop our winning streak this Sunday. The funny part is the way Fox shows the score, Red Sox in red and Yankees in Blue just like the Red States and Blue States I keep seeing on all the Electoral maps, And seems to be just as tight of a race

9. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    It seems that most Red Sox fans are more anti-Yankee than they are pro-Red Sox.
    I remember last year when the yankees lost the world series. All of the red sox fans i know kept saying that the yankees suck. Funny, when did the red soxs' season end last year?
    Unfortunately i missed the end of last night's game. I went to bed around 2 in i think the 7th inning only to find out the next day that I only saw half the game.

10. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    You all realize of course the reason the yankees lost the last two games was so that they can win the series tonight at home... :)

Dom (Born in the Bronx, what can I say)

11. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Tonight all depends on how far each starting pitcher goes. Both of the bulpens are tired and their arms are hurting. The bosox prob have it worse than the yanks at this point. Im hoping for a rainout so everyone gets an extra day to rest. Rivera (whom i scouted with my dad a couple of years ago) wont be so good tonight he never throws this many innings in this short of time. Its still anybodies series i belive. go sox

12. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    Are you Itallian? cause if u are then i can understand y u would say that. I still belive that the Guidos like the yanks and the irish like the mets.

13. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    LET'S GO YANKEES!!!

14. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    I have GREAT tickets to game 7 but would rather NOT go, the Yanks'll win tonight hopefully..

BTW- I have world series tickets also, I'd much rather see game 1 of the world series then a possible season ending game 7.

15. KennyH

KennyH F1 Veteran
    Owner

Aug 13, 2001
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    You might offend some guys here..

16. HUTCH91TR

HUTCH91TR F1 Rookie

Nov 7, 2003
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Hutch
    You are right Kenny!!! It is not good to call anyone a mets fan....

GO YANKEES!!!! GO YANKEES!!!!

17. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i no, i think i lived in ny long enough and i lived in the heart of GUIDO (yonkers and eastchester) so i think its safe for me to say it cause i have experienced. check this. My neighbors in Eastchester: Roppoa, Minnicuchi, Martino (husband was arrested for being a "made" man in the Gambino family), Fusco, Molaterno, and Campana. Then McIlvaine was stuck in right there. My best friends were Pagliaroli, Servino, and Zuccarelli. I know some itallians.

18. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    im in no way a mets fan, i was when my dad worked for them but then Wilpon fired him. I will not even acknowledge them as a team until both the Wilpons are out of there.

19. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's cold, man... really cold...

i guess since the Mets aren't in it, i'll have to go for the Yankees... Would be interesting to see Boston take it all, though... Massachusetts would never be the same...

Dom, where in The Bronx did you grow up...?

20. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002

I was Born in the bronx (my mom likes to say "in the zoo"), but my parents moved out to Long Island by the time I was 3y.o. They lived somewhere around Arthur Ave, IIRC, but not sure exactly where.

Dom

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    You had to go and mention Arthur Avenue, huh...? The bread down here is bad enough... Sigh... Some things just CAN'T be replicated...

Where on the Island did you live...? Suffolk or Nassau...?

22. coolestkidever

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    o good lord i can taste it in my mouth.

23. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I'm a Nassau County Boy. Lived in Bayville, then in Lattingtown. My parents still live there.

Dom

24. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Hey, keep that kind of sick **** in the tasteless joke thread... :D

Dom, LOL, i've never even heard of Lattington... i've heard of Bayville, though... Don't know if i've ever been there... i've been end to end, though, just never shore to shore...

25. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    I LOVE MARINOS ICE.............

BTW, MY NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR IN THE LATE 60S TO 70S WAS "CRAZY JOE GALLO" IN MERRICK, LONG ISLAND!!