Conclusive, Scientific Test Result Proves Accords/Supras Better than F355! | FerrariChat

Conclusive, Scientific Test Result Proves Accords/Supras Better than F355!

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by lashss, Oct 19, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
  2. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    Hey, what's with all the dissing of our simian cousins here lately? Did someone have a day out at the Zoo?

3. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I'd wager the average age in that thread was what, 11..... maybe 12? Place your bets...

4. BrianTheYank

BrianTheYank Karting

May 24, 2004
    maryland
    Full Name:
    Brian
    They are just the mass of stupid pre-teens who think drag racing is everything. bah, why get the supra when u could get an old muscle car and throw some superchargers on.

5. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    you know...those guys are right...now i want everyone on this board to sell their ferraris and go by a supra or accord. Brilliance...i'm gonna add these guys as a write-in when i go to the polls.

6. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    HAHA...for real, if straight line racing is all that maters by a motorcycle, the fastest street bikes will rape their supra stock for way less $$$ than their car.

The Suzuki GSK-R750 (750cc inline 4) runs 0-60 3.06 secs, 0-100 in 6.17, and the 1/4 mile 10.39 at 135 all for $9599 MSRP,

The Kawasaki ZX-10R (1000cc inline 4) runs 0-60 in 2.7 secs, 0-100 4.6, and the 1/4 mile in 10.22 @143.04. That performance upgrade will cost a whopping $10,999.

So whats the argument for the Supra now?

7. bludevil12

bludevil12 Formula 3
    Lifetime Rossa

May 12, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David L.
    If you hit a pothole, you wont die.

8. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    You have a Ferrari and they have a Toyota. End of discussion

9. PGrenier

PGrenier Karting

Jul 12, 2004
    Darnestown, MD
    Full Name:
    Peter C. Grenier
    I just read the exchange about the Supra versus the 355. What I simply cannot understand is why, despite numerous hurricanes and tornados this year, they seemed to miss every trailer park in which these guys reside. I must admire their collective "let's not let our ignorance of Ferraris get in the way of our Supra-fest" mentality. Lashdeep -- under what rock did you find these guys, and may I PLEASE help you put the rock back...before they start talking about nitrous oxide and Supras??

10. barcheta

barcheta F1 Rookie

Nov 15, 2003
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Jim
    I find a twin turbo Pope on nitrous oxide much more intriguing.... much faster too

11. bimmer32five

bimmer32five Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    MD
    Full Name:
    Mark
    you won't die in a bike either...wear your gear. Plus a supra if it's correctly set-up (meaning not solely a drag car) will tear a bike up in the corners. People don't realize sports cars can outcorner bikes.

12. lashss

lashss F1 Rookie

Nov 26, 2003
    DC
    Full Name:
    LSJ
    It's not as easy on a bike as it may seem...a bike can't stop any better and can't corner any better.

I raced an R6 in my old modified Mustang and from 20mph to about 90mph, the car was quicker. The problem is bikes don't have torque, if you catch a bike by suprise and in the wrong gear, it's going to lose to a halfway decent car.

By halfway decent, I don't mean a stock Supra, Accord or CLK. You'd need something with some power (400hp+).

It's easy to race road tests in magazines, a little different in actual execution.

LS

13. dmeyer

dmeyer Formula Junior

May 30, 2004
    Northern VA
    Full Name:
    David Meyer
    I agree, i'm not saying a bike is faster on the track, my point was just that in straight line performance for price using their logic a superbike is better....no car on earth can give you that kind of straight line performance for that price...i understand that cars are quiker in corners and probably brakeing but in a straight line from a standstill nothing can touch a bike.