Daytona conversion | FerrariChat

Daytona conversion

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by RichardGilmore, Oct 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RichardGilmore

RichardGilmore Karting

Nov 9, 2003
    Atlanta, Ga.
    Full Name:
    Richard Gilmore
    Please help w/ conversion values vs coupes as well as location of a Forza article that discusses the different conversions done and the differences betwen them. I have had a Dino, Boxer, 355 and am now considering a Daytona conversion that is available. The owner THINKS Scaglietti did the conversion but has no proof! Hmmmm!!!!

I will call Gerald at FML today. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

2. James Lustman

James Lustman Rookie

Sep 1, 2004
    I've always understood cut cars to have the same value as a coupe.
    In the November 2004 issue of Forza there is a great article on page 57 entitled Spyder Spotting that details the differences. The cover shows a red GTO #8.

Good luck.
    James

3. George H.

George H. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 6, 2004
    Nipomo, CA
    Full Name:
    George Hoover
  4. Bill Sawyer

Bill Sawyer Formula 3

Feb 26, 2002
    Georgia
  5. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Their prices are always on the optimistic side, on purpose

6. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    The people at Sports Car Magazine show that at auction the conversion cars have a better value (considering that the conversion was done by a reputable shop) than the coupe. But you need to know who did the conversion.

7. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    Hopefully not enough extra value to make ruining more Daytona's financially viable :(

Pete

8. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    Probably not. However I am told most wrecked Daytonas will get converted as it costs about the same to "cut" a Daytona as to repair a coupe.

9. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002

Well, conversions dont bother me but if my coupe were ever wrecked it would be restored as a coupe. The best looking part of the coupe is the aggressively sloped roofline and tail. It really makes the car look sexy and brutal at the same time. I find the coupe a MUCH better looking car than the convertible.

Some cars just dont look great as convertibles, The NART 275 spider was GREAT as a convertible... the Daytona much less so to me. I still like them and of coarse I love having a top down car, but from a purely aesthetic perspective the coupe is a better looking car.

Terry

10. pauls

pauls Formula Junior

Apr 25, 2004
    I couldn't agree more Terry. However it is my experience that the conversions and the factory spyders fetch more cash. Paul