[DFW] West Side Lunch on Friday? | FerrariChat

[DFW] West Side Lunch on Friday?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Oct 20, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    I know there's several people here from the west side of the Metromess. Anyone want to get together for lunch out Fort Worth way on Friday?

I'm not really familiar with the place, although I work downtown, so suggestions are welcome. They need to be easy to find ;)

2. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Tillman, you really need to explore the town you work in. As for lunch, I'm up for it but I can't think of any good places in downtown FTW without parking problems.

Hmmmm...

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Outside of downtown is fine, as long as it's on a major freeway.

As far as exploring this town, no thank you. I'm in and out on 121 and don't need to know anything other than where to park downtown and who makes a good BBQ sandwich downtown :)

4. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    How about the Stockyards area off North Main St. or some place off S University Dr & I 30? (Forest Park area near & Colonial Country Club) I'm trying to think of the easiest places to get to from the HWY, have no parking issues, & the best selection of resturants.

5. FarmerDave

FarmerDave F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jul 26, 2004
    Full Name:
    IgnoranteWest
    Put me down for a definate maybe. I'd prefer North FTW/HEB area, because I am in Irving in the AM and have to be in Plano in the afternoon.... But don't make/change plans on my account, ya'll decide.

6. GLiguy

GLiguy Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    man, you guys are right up my alley! I actually work at autobahn motorcars right outside of downtown ft worth. If you really want some awesome bbq, I would reccomend Angelos BBQ right down the street from me on white settlement rd OR railhead BBQ right on the corner of I30 and Montgomery st. if you are in the mood for messican food, Joe T. Garcias is on 22nd and main St. just outside of downtown, awesome food! Shoot, if you guys are in town, drop by my work, Im always game to meet more ferrari nerds like myself:) Im in the VW building btw lol.

emery

7. GLiguy

GLiguy Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    man, you guys are right up my alley! I actually work at autobahn motorcars right outside of downtown ft worth. If you really want some awesome bbq, I would reccomend Angelos BBQ right down the street from me on white settlement rd OR railhead BBQ right on the corner of I30 and Montgomery st. if you are in the mood for messican food, Joe T. Garcias is on 22nd and main St. just outside of downtown, awesome food! Shoot, if you guys are in town, drop by my work, Im always game to meet more ferrari nerds like myself:) Im in the VW building btw lol.

emery

8. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    I'll be there if you meet in the stockyards area.

-Nicola

9. GLiguy

GLiguy Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    nicola- are you the one with the older withe integra type R that lives in arlington? If so, you may of forgotten me but this is emery, I used have the 01' white lightning that we used to go racing with back in the day, lol. Long time no see if its you!

emery

10. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    how's it going? man it's been long time. i didn't know you worked at autobahn.

do you still live in the mansfield area?
    still have the lightning?

you need to stop by, I am still live at the same place.

I will have the turbo back on my car in the next few weeks. I just replaced the transmission and hopefully will drive my car tonight.

good to hear from you.

-Nicola

11. GLiguy

GLiguy Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    HA! I figured it was you. Good to hear from ya. When I melted a valve in my lightning, i sold it :( Im driving a 04 VW GLi 1.8t now, i really like it. Got married in august and living in irving now, lol. Been here at autobahn for a little bit over a year now, I love it. I hate to hijack this thread so drop me a pm or email me back. Drop by and say whats up! Im here everyday but thursday.

emery snider
    [email protected]
    w:817-390-3758

12. WJHMH

Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    So whats the plan, anyone??

13. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Oops, sorry, forgot about this.

I had a meeting scheduled on top of my lunch on Friday. I can't make this.

Please don't cancel on my behalf, it looks like everyone else can make it.

14. 98R648

98R648 Formula Junior

Sep 25, 2004
    Full Name:
    Nicola Cappelletti
    where do you guys want to meet up at?

15. GLiguy

GLiguy Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    well, unfortunately I wont be able to go, Im up to my ears in work today :(
    yall have fun anyway...