1:32 Ferrari Slot Cars | FerrariChat

1:32 Ferrari Slot Cars

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Scotty, Oct 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Scotty

Scotty F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Scotty Ferrari
    I think I am getting a Scalextric Sport track set for Christmas (the F1 set). I would like to get some Ferrari cars to run on it--anyone have thoughts/suggestions?

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    I have two Ferrari F1 cars (I think 1999 and 2000) from Pro Slot. I bought them four years ago, and they are still new in the boxes. I never bought a 1/32 track, so never used them.

Model numbers PS1001 (Ferrari F-300 F-1 No 3)
    and PS1022, if you want to do some research and see if you want them.

http://www.proslot.com/

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I got the Scalextric GT-40 set last Christmas and love it. I then went out and bought a Carrera Enzo to drive on the track, and I was really disappointed. The GT40's are faster and handle better, the Enzo is basically slow and it continually gets stuck on the track. It rides so low, that it hits the joints between the track sections. It's very frustrating.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Uh, oh.

My Scalextric track is currently dismantled, project for the winter to get it running again. I have the GT40 as well and love it (converted one into a Ferrari 250 GTO). Bought the Carrera Enzo in the summer but never drove it. So your post makes me a bit anxious, oh well, it is still a nice model to place next to the track.

Scotty, obviously there is ebay for all things. However the older cars I bought there I used basically for their body and placed them on a modern Scalextric chassis.

Scalextric and Carrera have some nice Ferrari models. They all come with magnets, which you might or might not want to remove.

Ninco and Fly have some great Ferrari racecars without magnets. The 512M I got powerslides so much in the turns, that it can take an opponent out with its tail...

Be careful when you buy F1 cars: Basically all old F1 cars I found on ebay were in such bad shape, that they basically bounce off the track in the first turn if they run at all. I use them now for static display only to enhance the scenery.

I did buy some new Carrera F1, one Ferrari, one Sauber. To keep it fair when playing I always try to buy two similar cars at the same time.

5. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
  6. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
  7. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    There is a 1/32nd slot car of the Marzotto "egg" in all red or two tone silver. I think it was made about 6 months ago, by Carrera

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yup. Got that one as well when I bought the Enzo in the UK. It is absolutely gorgeous and like the Enzo has the interior detailed as well with a driver. Sadly I haven't driven than one either. Yet.

9. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    All F1 cars in general seem poorly detailed but run like stink around the track.

The Ferrari Daytona Le Mans car and 512S Longnose are lovely cars if a mite expensive. But the details might add some weight and slow it down. I havent run 512S yet so I dont know for sure :)