Bubbling centre console covered under F1 used Warranty? | FerrariChat

Bubbling centre console covered under F1 used Warranty?

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Robertb, Oct 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The climate control panel in my 355 has bubbled up, and it now looks really naff. The car is covered by the F1 used warranty til early Nov.

I have scoured the warranty booklet for possible exclusions, but cannot find anything relevant either way, so assume it should be covered.

Anyone else had any experience of claiming for this?

Robert.

2. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    If it turns out not to be covered under warranty, then this might be of interest to you.

http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25180

Incidentally, did you clean it with something other than a damp cloth? I have heard that this is one of the causes - cleaning substances with silicone in them. I think it tends to happen more in the States than over here as it seems to happen when temperatures have been high.

Ric.

3. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Thanks Ric, I have contacted Pete re his center console fix. Thought I'd try the warranty route too as I feel it is a dodgy part issue, rather than wear and tear etc.

I have not used any silicone cleaners, and even went to the trouble of leaving a cloth over the panel when parked in the sun, but it's getting worse...

Robert.