612 delays 7mo-yr; 600 Imola late '06 | FerrariChat

612 delays 7mo-yr; 600 Imola late '06

Discussion in '612/599' started by Frank_C, Oct 25, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    I just talked to the keeper of my 10K or should I say my salesperson today.

Follow up on the 612. I was told my dec build slot will be delayed from 7 months to possibly one year... retooling, new technology yada yada yada.

The 600 Imola I was told is slated to be a late '06 car, and contrary to what was posted on this forum, my salesperson said it would be similar to the 612.

Hey I don't make the news, just reporting what I was told.

2. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    That would be a shame if the 600 looks so relaxed and GT'ish. I enjoy the 612 inside and out and definitely plan to own one, but it's not my idea of a Ferrari 2-seater, especially not the one with the Enzo's engine. It should very masculine and aggressive, moreso than the 575 even, more like the Enzo and 430, but in the Pininfarina style.

'06 is many moons from now. Much can happen.

Forza,

Cavallini

3. SrfCity

SrfCity F1 World Champ

Are you hearing these delay stories from other sources/locations as well? This could be Ferrari/dealer jockeying things around. I wonder if they'll be pushing back the F430? They are made on a separate line at the factory. I'm looking for another reason to continue enjoying the 360 and delay dishing out the $200+K for the F430 ;)

4. Frank_C

Frank_C F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2004
    Whistling through the wheat field in Texas
    Full Name:
    Frank Cavallo
    Actually they're getting a 575 any day now. They wanted to offer me first dibs on the 575 to take now (it was my original slot/car), and suggested I then trade it in next year on a 612. So there sounds like some legitimacy on the 612 delays.

5. Joker

Joker Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Who knows
    Full Name:
    Christian
    To me that sounds more like they're trying to get you to buy the 575 now - that doesn't add validity to their story. On the contrary IMHO.

6. AEHaas

AEHaas Formula 3

May 9, 2003
    Osprey, Florida
    Full Name:
    Ali E. Haas
    When I was in Maranello 2 weeks ago I saw plenty of 612's and 575's being made on the V 12 line.

aehaas

7. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!

Frank, go talk to Joe at FOH. The good doctor knows of what he speaks!

Dale