360 climate control woes | FerrariChat

360 climate control woes

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by Gary(SF), Oct 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Put a ton of miles on my 360 yesterday as I drove down to Buttonwillow to participate in a private track day. 650 mi of which 200+ was on track! Awesome day...but to the point of this thread: It was a cool day when I started out and I set the climate control to 72 like I usually do, and I noticed that after about an hour of driving I had to keep increasing the setting to keep the car comfortable. It would just start pumping cold air, and I'd bump it another notch, until I had 78 dialed in just to keep it around 70 or so (perceived). Same thing on the way home. System seems to work fine when it's warm outside, but struggles with cool outside temps. Anyone else have this problem?

Gary

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    The system works fine in my car in colder temperature (around 50 degrees here in the NW). What other settings were the climate controls in?

3. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Both were in auto.

4. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Gary,

In order for the climate control to work the stop switch must be depressed out (on). Once you get a comfortable setting for the heat you can then depress the stop switch in (off). Otherwise the climate control remembers the last time the A/C was used.

Cheers,

5. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    Hi Matt -

I thought the system was designed to operate with the stop switch in the on position at all times.

Gary

6. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    Hi Gary,

No, this one of those qourkes of Italian design wanting to be like a Mercedes/BMW. It took me a while and I could not figure it out until I asked shop foreman at FoSF and he explained how it really works.

Cheers,
    Matt

P.S. Bad week for a drive out to PCH, hopefully next week weather opens up and we can do a midweek run.

7. Gary(SF)

Gary(SF) F1 Rookie

Oct 13, 2003
    Los Altos Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    Gary B.
    The manual does a terrible job of expaining the system if your foreman is correct, and I assume he is if you've tried it.

Next week is good for me.

Gary