Black Enzo spotting in Monte Carlo | FerrariChat

Black Enzo spotting in Monte Carlo

Discussion in '288GTO/F40/F50/Enzo/LaFerrari' started by SpoogE, Oct 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SpoogE

SpoogE Rookie

Oct 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Hey guys,

I'm new here, 23 years old and recently married so I doubt I'll be owning a Ferrari anytime soon! Ha!

Anyways I've been reading around this forum and read a little about black Enzos. Is it true there were only 6 of them made? I didn't realize they were so rare in that color. Check out what I spotted in Monte Carlo when I was there back in May though! ;)

http://www.agoodstart.com/images/tim/tim_enzo.jpg

2. PatrickShim

PatrickShim Formula 3

Jun 14, 2004
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Patrick Shim
    Nice picture! Yeah, black Enzos are really beautiful. I think there's a titanitum-colored Enzo in Monaco, too.

And congratulations! I hope you and your wife are enjoying the newly-wed life.

- Patrick

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Tim, so far as i know, there are only 6 black on black NNOs in the world; but then there are 6 more black NNOs with different interior colors... The one you posted seems like it might be all black; do you remember if the seats had any red in them...? i don't suppose you got the serial number...?

4. Trevor L

Trevor L Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2004
    OKC, USA
    looks to me like there is some red on the seats, you can see it under the wiper blade.

5. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i was thinking those might be the seat belt harness straps... 136739 has red seat belt harness straps, as seen below...

6. SpoogE

SpoogE Rookie

Oct 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I thought the interior was black but I'm not entirely positive about that since it was quite a while ago. It may have been red like the picture seems to suggest.

I didn't look for a serial number, but here's another shot from the back where you can see the plate number if that helps at all:
    http://www.agoodstart.com/images/tim/enzo_back.jpg

7. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
  8. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Aardy, that black NNO is the same one that Tim posted; now if we could just figure out the serial number... :)

Tim, you're teasing me; do you have any more shots of the car...?

9. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Of course it's the same !
    I think the interior is not the usual red but a darker red.
    I don't know the s/n unfortunately ! Beautiful car and beautiful noise (a REAL deep V12 noise like the old Ferrari V12 !! I like it)

10. SpoogE

SpoogE Rookie

Oct 26, 2004
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That's exactly when I was out there, during the Monaco GP! So I'm sure that is the same Enzo. Unfortunately we didn't get to see any of the race, but we did get to walk around the track down by the harbor. It was an incredible thing to see :)

NNP, sorry but that's all the pictures I took...

Edit: wow Aardy, you saw a lot more than I did out there. I saw lots of sweet cars out there but only one Enzo. We were only there for 1/2 day (spent most of our time in Nice)

11. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Aardy, you're right...! i've got a picture of a black NNO with a dark red interior, s/n 1365XX (assembly #: 53983) that matches the pictures you and Tim have posted... Look closely and you can see the reflection of a 360 on the driver's side of the NNO - the same red 360 in Tim's picture...

12. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    SpoogE : if you know where to search, you see more than 100 different Ferrari in only ONE DAY in Monaco.

Carbon Mc Coy : you found the proof that the interior was dark red : you are a very good detective, indeed !!

13. Serpent Driver

Serpent Driver Formula Junior

Jul 4, 2004
    Norway
    I wish i could afford a car like that when I turn 18... But, do you know what?
    I doubt that will ever happen....

14. alligator

alligator Rookie

Jun 28, 2004
    We saw a black Enzo the day before the race. It was parked outside a hotel, and there was a silver one next to it.

15. Aardy

Aardy F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Feb 21, 2004
    France
    Full Name:
    Cyril TESTE
    Yes Aligator, it's the same car than the black one pictured above :
    It was in front of the Hermitage Hotel.

The Grigio titanio Enzo was also there : beautiful car but the black one is definitively the most BEAUTIFUL !!!

16. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    The grigio titanio there, is 136070 - not to be confused with 135872, which is also a grigio titanio NNO; both cars have the exact same interior color... 136070 is registered in Italy... 135872 was seen in Italy with Italian license plates, but Italian plates beginning with EE are temporary tourist plates; most likely the owner went to Italy and picked up his NNO rather than awaiting delivery; car was seen in Monterey, in August, so, most likely, it's a US spec car, somewhere here in the US...

17. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    so i take it there's only 2 grigio titanio's in the world then?
    that color is awesome on the enzo

18. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yes; so far as i know, there are two in the world - and they both have the same exact color combinations...

There's another silver one in California, but it's LIGHT silver (maybe Argento Nurburgring?), not the grey-ish silver these two are...

19. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    A friend of mine has one in Hong Kong. Is this one of the two you are referring to, or is it a third one?

20. 99F355

99F355 Karting

Jul 20, 2004
    LONDON, UK
    Full Name:
    Chip

I think EE are Italian export plates...

21. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Ok, that's possible...

Faisal, so far as i know, there's one registered in Italy and one with either Italian tourist plates or, or as 99F355 pointed out, Italian export plates that was seen in California, in August... i'm pretty sure the latter is a US or CDN spec car... If you know of one in Hong Kong, then it's probably a third...

...can you call your friend and ask him what his serial number is...? :D

22. Dr JonboyG

Dr JonboyG Karting

Jul 26, 2004
    Washington, DC
    Full Name:
    Jonathan Gitlin
    So which one is this Enzo?

NY plates, but seen in Rancho Santa Fe, CA.

23. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    That's the one in California that i don't have a serial number for... i believe that's the same car that has shown up to Crystal Cove... We would need Jordan or another Crystal Cove attendee to confirm matching plates...

24. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I called and asked. He doesn't know off-hand. It's weird...he has several special cars. One of them (Porsche GT3 RSR in full-race mode) he hasn't driven in over a year. The Enzo is not registered and gets driven rarely. He hasn't touched it in a few months. He wanted to bring it into the US but there's a crapload of homologation hassles, and in order to bring it in temporarily as a tourist, he would have to register it and pay tax on it in some other country first, which is quite expensive.

I believe he is going to go there soon and move it to Shanghai. I will call him while he's there and get the number for you.

25. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Awesome...! Thanks...!