Ground clearance | FerrariChat

Ground clearance

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Stuh, Oct 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Had the car 2 weeks now and grounded the front twice :(

My Noble was also very low but never had the same problems on the roads around where i live. Is this normal or is it possible my car has been lowered? Is there any easy way of finding this out?

The grounding today clipped the bottom of the plastic holder of my number plate causing it to split!

2. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    I've only ground the car when coming out of petrol stations etc when there is a severe camber from the forecourt to the road - otherwise no problems whatsoever with speed bumps etc. What sort of circumstances have lead to the grounding?

How much clearance do you have, will check mine for you.

You can get some metal skid plates - a few people here had them fitted and will supply the link in due course I should imagine....

3. kenyon

kenyon F1 Rookie

Oct 7, 2002
    East Yorkshire
    Full Name:
    Justin Kenyon
    Try Hill Engineering - Sponsor section from the UK. Excellent skid plates.

4. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    There is a large compression coming up a junction. It's caught me out twice now, doing approx 15mph!

I just looked under the car and it's grazed the underside of the bumper :(

I also appear to already have 2 petal plates on the underside. Are these standard or do i already have skid plates?

5. EK3R

EK3R Formula Junior

Mar 26, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    Eric K
    Hmmmm... bit difficult to say - I certainly have never ground the car whilst driving along a stretch of road - like I said only when going onto a forecourt or something with a large camber to the road.

Can you go over speed bumps with no problem?

If you have 2 metal plates under the front bumper then yes you already have skid plates.

6. Stuh

Stuh Karting

Sep 25, 2004
    Bucks
    Yes, speed bumps are OK. All very strange..............

7. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    #7 ric355, Oct 26, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  8. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

I have found that the main thing that always scrapes and catches and eventually falls of is the front numberplate holder. I prefer to have it stuck directly onto the front bumper.

9. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    mine seemed ok aprt from when i parked it on a kerb at asda :D

10. ferrari355gtb

ferrari355gtb Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    R
    Happens all the time - you soon learn to 'read' the road and just take it a bit slower. The over hang at the front is the problem - don't think the Noble is that long.

Speed bumps do my head in - avoid them at all costs.

Rick