What Business have you told to advertise on F-Chat? | FerrariChat

What Business have you told to advertise on F-Chat?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by F1Ace, Oct 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    For me, I told Langka they should be on here. I of course was ordering their "Paint Blob" eliminator thanks to a fellow member here.

How about you?

Wes

2. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    All new sponsors either come from user recommendations or they stumble upon the site themselves. I never do cold calls. I never even follow-up with a company a 2nd time after they've inquired about sponsoring. I know I know, some of you sales people are shaking your heads. However, I find for me it works best for FerrariChat.com to sell itself. If someone really wants to sponsor FC, then they'll find and follow-up with us.

Funny thing is how many companies I talk out of sponsoring FerrariChat.com. Either their business is too local or it's a low margin product that requires a higher volume of sales. The sponsors that do the best have at least a national product/service and more often an international customer base. They also offer a product/service that targets the niche demographics of FerrariChat.com and usually require a lower volume.

A very high percentage of sponsors renew, so it must be working for them. We have 7 up for renewal this month or next, so we'll see how that percentage holds. I've only heard from one so far and they're renewing for another year. For the right businesses I guess FC is a great deal when you consider the rates of magazines. A mag is only read a few times a month. FC is read several times a day by many users and our user base is even up there with or above the major Ferrari mags. :) Our associate sponsors are receiving over 30,000 views of their ad each week! That doesn't even include exposure through posts, sponsors page, or our newsletter.

One thing that amazes me is we haven't found a long-term title sponsor yet. For the cost of less than a full page ad in Cavallino or Forza you can get 800,000 views of a page wide dedicated banner a week, a dedicated email to all users (with admin email on) each month, plus top mention in newsletter/sponsors page.

We have some amazing companies considering it right now, but nobody has committed yet. Y'all know Fila won't be the official Ferrari shoe manufacturer next year? :)

www.ferrarichat.com/ads.htm

3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    I've told Marie at JMJ Automobilia she should check it out.......

She has all those signed Schumi helments........and stuff!

Best source of REAL crew uniforms...(handy for 'sneaking around".)....

4. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Rob -

Interesting to know that even associate sponsors get approximately 30,000 hits each week. Is that a highly variable number depending on sponsor, or that a fairly representative average?

Where can I find the terms and rates for an associate sponsor as well as a long-term sponsor, so I can appropriately spread the word.

5. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Just give prospective sponsors the link and I will share the information.

All sponsors share the views equally. The number has hung around 30k a week because as the site has grown we've also added new sponsors.

6. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I was wondering before, and this seems a good chance to ask.

Why is there not Ferrari authorized dealer as a sponsor? They don't need to advertise, is that it?

I told a real estate agent, my insurance agent, a graphic designer, and a manager of a topless club to advertise here. I don't know they contacted Rob though.

7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    They can if they want. WWoC is a major dealer, don't know if they're an official dealer though. I've had several others go pretty deep in the inquiry process. How much do you see dealers advertise elsewhere? Ya know, Ferraris sell themselves. :)

8. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas

That's right Rob. Next year it will be Puma. I just sent you an email about a FChat and Puma arrangement. Give me a shout after you read it.

9. TOM B

TOM B Formula 3

Jul 24, 2003
    Orange County, NY
    Full Name:
    Thomas Buckley

Rob,
    WWoC is most definitely an authorized Ferrari / Maserati dealer.