CA F-Chatter moving to OR | FerrariChat

CA F-Chatter moving to OR

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by Throttleman, Oct 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Throttleman

Throttleman Formula Junior

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Hello, my name is Jay and I am a fellow F-chatter here in California. I will be buying a business in Portland or Salem OR in the first quarter of next year and will be moving my young wife and all our belongings up that way. I am hoping to meet fellow Ferraristi/Tifosi as cars run in my blood. I am in the market for a 95 F355 but have to tackle the business first. I have had the pleasure of meeting two Ferrari club of America members at Ron Tonkin Gran Turismo in Portland last month when they met to watch the F-1. I am flying up to Portland this Thursday and Friday to continue my due diligence on business. I hope to have the chance to meet a few of you in the near future.

Cheers, Jay Ablett.

2. etip

etip Formula 3

Apr 4, 2004
    Washington State
    Full Name:
    Eric
    dude, I love your '26!!!!!
    The PNW F-chat crew are awesome!!!
    I live in Seattle, but go to Portland at least once a month. It's an awesome city. Enjoy your move.

3. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    ".as cars run in my blood"..............indeed!
    Very nice T you have, and with a Ford engine in it as well!
    Welcome, looking forward to meeting you.
    DJ

4. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Good eye you two! Cars must be in your blood aswell. The bad news is that I have to sell the "T" at Barret Jackson this year so I can buy my business. Oh well, I guess that means I will be more motivated to buy my F-car once I am up and running. I look forward to meeting you all.

-Jay.

5. Ron328

Ron328 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 10, 2003
    Willamette Valley, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Jay,

Am relocating to Corvallis in a few months. Salem should be about 1/2 hour away. Let's hook up (also w/ other Fchatters or owners) at some point.

Ron

6. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Welcome to Oregon! We need to do some more stuff in the Portland area, although I am hardly one to talk! (Seems like whenever there is something it conflicts with my schedule somehow).

I would love to start some sort of informal saturday or sunday morning meetup at a Starbucks, that sort of thing.

7. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Hey Jay, nice to have met you and your wife at the FDC event in Southern California. Oh, and welcome to the NW.

8. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Welcome ,Jay.
    Next time you are in Portland feel free to give me a call.
    503-635-2595

9. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Thank you for the warm reception.

Martin (Marty) your reputation and humor precede you! I look forward to meeting you in person. I have your number and will drop you a line next time I'm up your way.

Ron328- Very nice 328 indeed. Hopefully once I am established in Salem an F-car will soon follow. P.S. Any r/c boats in your collection if so, we need to talk.

DonV- I look forward to a nice get together. Nice resto. on the 365GT 2+2.

Kuzi- Please PM me so I can get your contact info. Very nice to meet you aswell at the St. Regis Hotel. My wife and I will be passing through Washington in mid December on our way to Vancouver and perhaps we could have lunch/coffee if your scedule permits.

10. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
  11. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Jay, I've pinged you!

12. mw575

mw575 F1 Rookie

May 30, 2001
    Lake Oswego,Or
    Full Name:
    Martin J Weiner,M.D.
    Who is the funny looking dude with his arms crossed???

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    Hi Jay! It was nice meeting you and your wife at the FDC event. What a day!! Anyway, welcome neighbor and hollar when you're going to be in Seattle next.

14. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    I don't recognize him............Is that Marty........he must have gotten younger and way better looking then when I last saw him! ;)

15. CMac

CMac Formula Junior

May 10, 2004
    Gig Harbor Wash.
    Full Name:
    Chris McDonald
    Actually, I thought it looked more like Andrews younger brother :)

16. Throttleman

Sep 26, 2003
    Pasadena,CA
    Full Name:
    Jay Ablett
    Andrew, it was very nice meeting you aswell. It worked out very lucky for my wife and I that we were all seated nearby as I read in the So Cal section that you "out of towners" might be in attendance. I applaud your choice of events as this was one of the nicer GTGs of the year in my humble oppinion. I think you would agree that the weather was very agreeable compared to other parts of the country known to be a bit colder and wetter this time of year.

17. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    way to go boys! I've been inactive for a while and it's nice to see the chat living up to its reputation.

Jay, Kuzi and the guys up there are great, you're in good hands!