348 front spoiler lip question | FerrariChat

348 front spoiler lip question

Discussion in '348/355' started by bonedoc, Oct 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I have a 91 348ts and had a couple questions if anyone can tell me. Does anyone know where you can buy that little lip that goes off the front spoiler that makes it a litle lower to the ground, and more aggressive? Also, my front spoiler is painted the color of the car, but there is no intake thing on the passengers side (I think for the AC system). Why would mine not have one?

2. Animate

Animate Formula Junior

May 21, 2004
    BC,Canada
    Can't help with the spoiler lip.

There is only supposed to be one opening, are you saying yours does not have one at all?

3. Andy hls

Andy hls Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2003
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    Andy
    You can get the lip made from carbon fiber from Valence Sales in LA Speak to Brian, there about $600.00

Andy.

4. millemiglia

millemiglia Formula Junior

Jan 14, 2003
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    #4 millemiglia, Oct 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    You can buy one in carbon, here http://www.valenceusa.com/3_3_lip.html

I don't know of any 348 that doesn't have one and only one air intake on the right-hand side of the front spoiler.

If your car is missing the air-intake opening, some earlier owner must have replaced the spoiler with an aftermarket one.

/Peter
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. Ira Schwartz

Ira Schwartz Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2003
    Brooklandville, MD
    Full Name:
    Ira Schwartz
    Wasn't the intake to duct air to the a/c condensor? That'd explain why 348Cs have them blocked off (see photo of mine, which is typical of Challenge cars- under all that tape the intake has a plate riveted over it to close it off).

6. bonedoc

bonedoc Karting

Jul 31, 2004
    I don't know who in the world would change the spoiler. Surely I don,t own a callenge car? How could I tell. My car did not have factory radio of speakers. Very strange.