360 design cues/430 design controversy | FerrariChat

360 design cues/430 design controversy

Discussion in '360/430' started by StoryBook, Oct 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    With the upcoming 430 and all of its design controversy, I thought it would be nice to pick apart all the subtle and not so subtle design cues of our departing (production wise) 360 and all its iterations (eg. CS, Spider).

In this image, I've noticed how the "design cue" above the front wheel arch flows posteriorly all the way to just before the gas cap underneath the scoop on the rear quarter panel. Supports the theory that the 360 design was just not hastily thrown together, as some have accused the 430 of.

2. Cavallini

Cavallini Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003

The thought that anything from Pininfarina and Ferrari is "hastily thrown together" is universally absurb, whether the year was 1954 or 2004. I've often chuckled when others on F-chat have suggested such silliness.

Forza,

Cavallini

3. hardtop

hardtop F1 World Champ

Jan 31, 2002
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave
    When the 360 came out, it was very controversial, especially the front. Frankly, I still think the front looks goofy and the rear looks too fat. The whole car seems to have "bulbous" features in it's design. I like it in profile. The 430's design is clearly an approach to address the criticisms. Personally, I think they succeeded, especially the front.

Dave

4. Doug.

Doug. F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2004
    Las Vegas, NV
    308 and 328 were similar looking cars

so were the 348 and 355

and now the 360 and 430

You see the pattern? Ferrari changes the looks drastically after every two models. They wern't being lazy, thats just how they do business...;)