What is demand like for the C6? | FerrariChat

What is demand like for the C6?

Discussion in 'General Automotive Discussion' started by sjb509, Oct 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. sjb509

sjb509 Guest

My local dealer has had their first C6 vette, a burgundy coupe, on their lot for over a month priced at sticker. They've sold two '04 Z06s in that time, yellow and blue, granted probably below MSRP.

In 1997 when the C5 came out, their first one was in the showroom, $5k over sticker and only lasted a few days.

The new car is very good, you'd think it would be selling, or is it just a case that this dealership is the exception and not the rule.

BTW, finally saw one of the new C6 convertibles in black...fantastic.

2. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    I work at a chevy dealership and our first 8 corvette C6's are already sold. Demand is high, but we had a guy back out on a precision red C6 that sat for about 3 weeks until we ended up selling the car.
    Erik

3. Mr Payne

Mr Payne F1 Rookie

Jan 8, 2004
    Bakersfield, CA
    Full Name:
    Payne
    Ironically, I think the C6 is competing against 04 C5 Z06s still on the lots. Z06s are cheaper if you know where to look and have a slight performance advantage.

4. netviper

netviper Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Saint Augustine
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I have only seen one here in Savannah, but none at the dealerships. I have not read anything about demand though. The new car is good, but it is only slightly better than the C5 and maybe not as good looking. The C5 was revolutionary compared to the C4. Maybe that is why.

5. Evolved

Evolved F1 Veteran

Nov 5, 2003
    Production of all c6's was halted a few weeks ago due to problems with the six speed boxes.

I do not know id it has resumed yet.

The c6 is not the hot seller the c5 was. The c5 was the right car at the right price at the right time. The 90's boom was in full swing at that point.

6. 1 BAD BURB

1 BAD BURB Karting

Oct 14, 2004
    Minnetonka, MN
    Full Name:
    Aj ....
    demand is very high..at least in my neighborhood... all of our dealers have customers waiting for their cars... and its freaking OCtober!!!

my dad was interested in one, but the wait is to long. besides, if anything, i would only let him get the C6 Z06! they say 500hp/500tq !!! simple cam and heads swap, headers, exhaust and hello, can we say 600 hp!!! price is also very reasonable, prolly a good $65K... but i can still hope, if his maserati quattroporte doesn't go thru, and he can't find a nice SL500/55, the hello, C5 ZO6 LPE car...650 twin turbo 427 big block, with 250 shot NOS... i got a deal on this...68K... just waiting .....patiently.....

anywho, yes, the new C6...one word...Gorgeous!
    Aj