Cops seize 'borrowed' Lamborghini in Sydney | FerrariChat

Cops seize 'borrowed' Lamborghini in Sydney

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Mike360, Oct 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    So what's the real story? The first article quotes the seller as having no problem with the transaction and seems to have been actually researched, the second is very vague, simply referring to a fraudulent cheque. If the car was not paid for, why has it been impounded? If my car was bought with a dud cheque, I would expect the poloice to return it to me.
    Sounds more likely that the car was bought with "the procceeds of crime" and has been seized.

2. Admiral Thrawn

Admiral Thrawn F1 Rookie

Jul 2, 2003
    Yes, it's very confusing. Either bought with bad money, or not really bought at all (bad cheque).

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    I think that is was not bought at all.
    The wrote out a dodgy cheque for it, and because Mosman Auto's would not know for 3 days, they had free reign.
    But seriously. no wonder the cops picked them up. Driving a Gallardo in Western Sydney, two young blokes.....

4. moretti

moretti Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    they couldn't have been from western Sydney or they would have done a runner and in a Gay-yard-oh would not have been caught by the HWP :)

seriously, sounds more like crime money than dud cheque, nearly bought a Countach on the Gold Coast several years ago that ended up being seized by AFP in an assets seizure of drug runners (what would you expect of Gold Coasters :)) Was a nice car too, looked newly restored but drove poorly and was very heavy to steer.

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    John...
    The drug is big business up there on the gold coast?

6. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    we're either drug dealers or gun runners....apparently :rolleyes:

the Countach started out at $180K and then $160K and finally afetr many months down to $120K (I still wouldn't buy).

After it was gone I went in to buy an Alfa and the dealer told me the story behind the Lambo and told me if I had offered $105K I could have had it as the police would have let me keep it and they would have seized the money as it makes it much cleaner for them.

All told from a car salesmans perspective so take that for what it is, he knew I was interested and had been trying for months to get it.

7. sportveloce

sportveloce Formula Junior

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    It would be nice if someone would let me know about these 105k Countachs or 130k 355 spiders because the last Countach (25th Anniversary) I saw for sale in Australia was 250k.

8. moretti

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 1, 2003
    Australia
    Full Name:
    John
    Sportveloce,

I don't think you would have been happy with this one as the steering was very heavy and I'm use to that having a fiat2300s as well which is like a truck until you get over 130kph and I'd put this Countach in that catergory.

It was in the showroom for many months and disappeared about a month after I asked and it was at the $120K mark.

Saw another white late model Countach several months ago for $190k but didn't drive it as it looked very ugly, I think the early LP500s were the cleanest looking.

There's a $160k 355 on carsales.com.au if that suits you, I claim spotters fee though ;)

9. mhh

mhh F1 Veteran

Feb 16, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I see the "stolen" orange Gallardo is back for sale on drive.com.au - or maybe it was never taken off....

10. sportveloce

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    Thanks John. I already knew about the 355 on carsales.com.au ;) I would have been buying out of more a purchase of opportunity because its a good price. At 160k its below market, but not enough below market like the 130k 355.

Intersting your comment about the heavy steering. The last late model Countach (25th) I saw was asking 250k. I did see some HK imports asking for around 160k, but that was not landed (to my knowledge).

11. Schmick325

Schmick325 Formula Junior

Mar 10, 2004
    Bris east
    I live about 2 mins from Mosman Auto and saw that Orange Lambo only 1.5 weeks ago. They had just had a Tubi fitted to it.

What happened was that the 'buyer' and seller from Mosman Auto's agreed to Meet at the CBA. The buyer walked into the CBA (with a fraud cheque in his pocket) and came out 5 mins later. (giving the impression he had been getting the cheque made up).

The cheque was then given to Mosman Auto's and the b'uyer' drove away. 24 hrs later the cheque had bounced.

Damn fools for driving an Orange Gallardo out to Western Sydney, haha. Theres only 4 Orange Gallardo's in Australia.

12. Iggy_Type_R

Iggy_Type_R Karting

May 16, 2004
    why is it so cheap? import? 40k below any other?

13. Q..

Q.. Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Qld
    Full Name:
    Paul
    I did a photo shoot on the Gallardo a little while ago.
    Stunning car.
    ......and the Tubi :)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

14. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Nice shots!

15. sportveloce

Aug 31, 2003
    The Aussie section
    I am making a big assumption, but I guess it is a HK car.

16. Q..

Q.. Formula 3

Jun 29, 2004
    Qld
    Full Name:
    Paul
    thanks mike :)
    ...the subject was easy to work with :D

17. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    WHOA!
    Somebody just got a Gallardo delivered in my area. I saw you, damn lucky bastard :) Dont know who you are! They also have a Continental GT. I live in the Lugarno area so if your here Pipe Up!