Has anyone done systems's in the 360? | FerrariChat

Has anyone done systems's in the 360?

Discussion in '360/430' started by Duane, Oct 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    My one gripe and albiet a small one is the stereo. Its worse than the stock one that was in my TT. I was thinking about changing the head unit,Speakers and maybe adding and amp. Can some people let me know what they have done and post pics if possible.

2. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #2 Jack(LA), Oct 21, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Duane -- if it's important to you, you can get pretty good sound out of the 360. New head unit, amp, separates for the door and subs for the rear shelf- that's all you'll need. :)

Here's a couple photos of a "small sytem" I had installed in my previous 360- no new holes or drilling. Nak head unit, Extant amp, Focal separates and a small subwoofer enclosure w/2 Morel 8" woofers.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    Thanks Jack, where does the SUB box go?

4. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles

Duane: See the above photo -- I wanted a small sub woofer enclosure so I could still use part of the shelf and net behind the seats. For better sound, you can get a custom enclosure which rests on top of the entire width of the shelf with 3 10" subs. This enclosure is modular, does not interfere w/full seat movement, has an easy disconnect and also allows access to all the fuses and relays behind the seats w/o the need to pull the sub enclosure. Also,the enclosure is covered in matching Ferrari leather with the factory style (and color, if necessary) stitching. Call me if you need one.

5. Kurt RSF

Kurt RSF Karting

Dec 27, 2003
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    Rick Reus has told me he does a lot of 360s. He claims to make a killer system for 360s. I don't doubt what he says, because the two systems he's done for my two Porsches are killer.

I think Scott who works for Reus is out in Florida fairly often installing systems.

6. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    Jack it was hard to tell from that photo. MY 360 had the back covered in leather so I did not recgonize it at first.

7. tubeguy

tubeguy Formula 3

May 21, 2003
    Upland California
    Full Name:
    Kevin Deal
    I have a $10k system in my spyder and still don't think it sounds that great. Too much ambient noise, and it's a two seater. But working in the audio biz I am critical.

As mentioned previousely Reus makes some nice systems. I think they have demo cars in most big cities. In Los Angeles Paris Audio rocks...the owner knows hifi and there is a difference between being a hole cutter and knowing sound.

8. redhead

redhead F1 Rookie

Dec 26, 2001
    Full Name:
    ~Red~
    If you are not local to northern Cal., I am not sure what you will do with this, but one of our customers does nothing but high end installs. They do some "monster" (hint hint) jobs and can be trusted. I won't post their information here, but if you are intrested, please PM me.

Best~

Rich

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    #9 Chiaro_Slag, Oct 22, 2004
  10. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I'd want something more understated for my installs -- but to each his own. :)

11. nberry

nberry Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    I installed an upgraded system in my 2001 Spider. It also had Tubi exhaust. Combine the two and what you get is.. back to stock stero sound. Get my drift?

An incredible waste of money installing a high end stero system in a Ferrari particularly one with an after market exhaust. However, as Jack wrote "to each his own".

12. Duane

Duane Karting

Nov 22, 2003
    CONNECTICUT
    Full Name:
    Duane B
    Jack which model Nak head unit is that?

13. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #13 Jack(LA), Oct 22, 2004
    Nick -- I happen to agree. It's especially a waste in the CS, so I ordered mine sans the factory radio option.....saves weight too. :D

14. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Duane -- I don't remember the model # -- it was the in dash 6CD changer model available 2-3 years ago. I got it primarily because that model blended aesthetically with the 360 interior and you could get it with green colored lighting to match the factory look. But, in the end, the system was a waste for me -- I much preferred to listen to the music of the engine/exhaust. For you, with all those Florida "hotties", you probably need to have some mood music available. :D

15. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    Jack that shot is pure art! Beautiful car.

16. 20C4S

20C4S Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 5, 2003
    Jack,
    i can't believe my eyes... did u really put a sound system in the ex-360?!

17. nsxct31

nsxct31 Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    sugar land tx
    Full Name:
    Charles Sukhee
    all i have to say is beacker sucks

18. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #18 Jack(LA), Oct 27, 2004
  19. Tipo815

Tipo815 F1 Rookie

Nov 1, 2003
    Newport Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Jeffrey
    Some may think it is a little over the top although I think it looks well done. It is certainly far better than the stereo option for the Stradale from Ferrari. Looks like something Pep Boys might install in your car. It's basically a rectangular box that holds the head unit and is screwed up under the dash. Talk about ugly! If you see that you'll think this custom installation is a work of art!

20. Looks really good quality work that matchs the interior very well.

21. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    yo...that looks sick! great install!

22. Trevor L

Trevor L Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2004
    OKC, USA
    where did the A/C controls go?

23. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    #23 Jack(LA), Oct 29, 2004
    Relocated to the center console in a custom enclosure wrapped in alcantara -- it fit perfectly. Here's a photo of the relocated A/c controls before the custom enclosure was wrapped....

24. Trevor L

Trevor L Formula Junior

Jul 21, 2004
    OKC, USA
    id love to see them :)

25. Jack(LA)

Jack(LA) Formula Junior

Nov 16, 2003
    Los Angeles
    See above edited post....:)