Photos from Crystal Cove 10/23/04 | Page 4 | FerrariChat

Photos from Crystal Cove 10/23/04

Discussion in 'California (Southern)' started by fastautos, Oct 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
    I saw someone else with a D70 - it was probably you. I'm sure I see a lot of people from the forum, but I just don't know what faces to put with the names.

2. TheScarletStang

TheScarletStang Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Irvine, California
    Full Name:
    Sean Salter
    yah i see alot of faces but don't know the names, hmm i should introduce myself more often!

3. mchas

mchas F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 5, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Mark
    Yea, I know what you mean... it's difficult. I was wearing a "310 Motoring" hat. We should have "HI MY HANDLE IS: ________" tags or something ;) If it was me that you ran into - nice to "meet" you!

4. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi gang,

You know mchas, that isn't a bad idea. It's a matter of choice so, I'll make a little tag that reads HI - I'M "hank sound" and clip it on for my next CC get together. It sure would bring lots of people closer together.

Cheers, Hank

5. MS575M

MS575M Karting

Apr 14, 2004
    That yelllow 360 spider with the yellow wheels is really good looking. Does anyone know what kind of wheels they are?

6. fastautos

fastautos Formula Junior

May 24, 2004
    Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Drew Phillips
  7. Ferrari_Challenge

Aug 9, 2004
    San Luis Obispo
    Full Name:
    MATT
    who's the lucky person that owns that red enzo?
    he looked pretty young in the pics....what does he do for a living?..what ever he does i want to do the same!!

-Matt

8. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    The guy gunning the CIZETA. Anyone know him? Let him know to do that in his neighborhood. Sorry but that really bugged me. It was a beautiful morning checking out all tha cars and talking to the owners. Then I had to here that thing. Sounded like an old S Class. I guess I am just spoiled by the Capristo.

9. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Yeah, I think it was the guy that Built the car with his own hands!!!!

How do you not like that sound?? I don't get it.

10. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian

Funny...he got applause afterwards...guess you were in teh minority

11. godzilla

godzilla Karting

Feb 9, 2004
    surrey
    Full Name:
    David Yu
    "The guy gunning the CIZETA. Anyone know him? Let him know to do that in his neighborhood. Sorry but that really bugged me. It was a beautiful morning checking out all tha cars and talking to the owners. Then I had to here that thing. Sounded like an old S Class. I guess I am just spoiled by the Capristo."

I'm sorry, do you have any interest in cars or are you just a blinkered Ferrari fan boy?

That V16 is one of the rarest cars in the world and whether you ended up liking the sound or not, it was still a privilege to be able to see and hear one.

I've never heard an S-class sound like that, that's for sure!

12. Aureus

Aureus Formula 3

That was a one minute Italian symphony of sound performed by 64 valves and 16 cylinders conducted by the builder of the car followed by the general applause and standing ovation of the audience.

I liken it very much to the sound and pitch of an F1 car, and hell the cylinders in an F1 car are about .3 liters apiece and the cylinders in that car are about .34 liters apiece so they should sound similar I would think.

13. Kevallino

Kevallino Formula 3

Feb 10, 2004
    Mid-Ohio
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    That was a command performance, by the way, not some attention hound trying to make noise.

Godzilla has covered the other points regarding this car. You are lucky to have heard it.

Cheers
    Kevin

14. ponyup360

ponyup360 Rookie

Feb 15, 2004
    Huntington BEach, Ca
    Full Name:
    Jerry Lotter
    Is the car unique? Yes. Is it rare? Yes. Does it sound like an F1 car? NO. The bottom line is that anyone firing up there car in the middle of the parking lot where we are guests has NO class. Next time there is a sympony just ask him to invite you over to his house. I am sure his neighbors would love it. You guys who want people to rev engines are probably the ones who litter the parking lot with you Starbucks cups. RESPECT CC!!!!

15. Jet-X

Jet-X F1 Veteran

Nov 2, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Brian
    Who said it was supposed to sound like an F1 car? I suppose if it were an F50 or an Enzo, it'd be okay, right? That's what this is about - he got a lot of attention, you didn't like the sound, and therefore it's not okay. You made that pretty clear in your initial post about it "not sounding like the Capristo"

If you don't like it, don't show up then. It's a car enthusiasts gathering, not a Ferrari's w/Capristos only gathering. I applaud Claudio for giving what nearly everyone in the lot wanted - to hear a 16 cylinder motor. He wasn't some snob that blew people off.