A Question for vintage owner | FerrariChat

A Question for vintage owner

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by yimn, Nov 2, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. yimn

yimn Karting

Nov 2, 2003
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Nick Yim
    I have been and continue to be "to a certain extent", a must-get-the-latest type of Ferrari owner. But recently, I start to get very interested in vintage Ferrari. My current realistic favour is 275 gtb. I was wondering whether all vintage owners have gone through what I am going through in that you actually find more charm and fun in older car and then the latest. Especially these cars when technology is so high that you alomost don't need to drive the car yourself. I for one start to feel a little bit bored witht the F1 gerabox for street driving. And I don't get a thrill for cutting 0.01 sec. from my track time. I just want to enjoying driving and do a litte bit of exercise in the process.

2. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    For me it's the difference of looking out of the glass towers of Kowloon and riding throgh Abdereen in a small boat. The view from Kowloon is spectacular,
    The HKSB building for example, but the feel, taste, and smells of Abdereen are quite special as well. They are older and like the Temple on Hollywood road more mistical.
    Best

3. donv

donv Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 5, 2002
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Don
    Jim, as usual, hit it on the head. Both experiences are wonderful, both are quite different. I honestly couldn't tell you which one I would give up if I had to sell one.

Oddly enough, I came from the opposite direction. I always found the vintage cars to be more appealing, and only in the last few years have I become interested in the modern cars.