ENZO UNCOOL?! | Page 3 | FerrariChat

ENZO UNCOOL?!

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Lee_Proctor, Oct 31, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Albert V8

Albert V8 Formula Junior

Jun 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Albert
  2. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I think the whole point of the cool wall is a sort of, "fark you all, I don't care what you think", device for Mr C. And why not? It is his party after all....

3. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Very true, but was that name given to it by an anxious media or did the Ferrari actually give it that name while it was still testing...? Ferrari already has a one-off called the FX...

4. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    I thought the Antartic was cold??!!

5. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    oh, forgot to add. IMO Clarkson lost it a while ago, guy is a complete plank

6. ferrarimadbloke

ferrarimadbloke Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Porthcawl S.Wales
    Full Name:
    Leyton Thomas
    Clarkson is so far up his own a**e that he forgets the whole point of testing such exotic machinery! His comments whilst driving the ENZO were boring and purely self oppinionated, nothing was said about the car, no time was spent in filming the interior / engine or infact nothing was mentioned about the history behind the car.
    Don't forget, no other magazine or TV program has had an official roadtest of such a beast, so therefore what a let down to hear J.C regarding it as "uncool".
    UNCOOL?..........UNCOOL?.......has the man gone stark raving mad! what the monkey's flying f**k does Clarkson know about being bloody COOL!! get a life! stick to your merc and leave the real cars to the experts!
    As far as the "book" NM was plugging, that's fine, on Micheal Parkinson's show, but hey Nick..........let's see your cars not your music!

"Spider" Thomas.

7. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    well i agree with clarkson to many electronic driving aids will be a nightmare when its 10 years old this is why the ex formula i race car series is dying as nobody can afford the computer equipment to run them i go as far to say driving a ENZO is like playing a computer game just pressing buttons and steering how boring

8. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    When I saw the Enzo's being made at the factory I noticed that some of the tooling did say 'FX' on it. I think the car was reffered to as the FX by the factory until they announced that it would be called the Enzo. I think the F60 name came about because people assumed that Ferrari would follow the F40 and the F50 with the F60. I have no idea why they called the car the F60 on Top Gear. I was surprised that Nick Mason let Jeremy call his car an F60 as Nick certainly knows his stuff when it comes to Ferrari.
    The cool wall I won't comment on further except to say that I still have no idea why they persevere with such a useless part of the show.

The F40 is a great, great car. I'd sell the Enzo to get an F40, a 360 Spyder and a 575. Suppose I'd better get 456 for the kids as well!

9. Maverix

Maverix Karting

Apr 26, 2004
    Kent UK
    Full Name:
    David Crompton
    Your point? Jezza is 100% correct. Astoundingly ugly, it looks like mobile bling.
    No grace, no style, no class and you dont even need any bloody ability to drive it!! Nope sorry, it is everything I hate about Ferrari at the moment.

10. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    The cool wall is based on what sort of car Kirsten Scott-Thomas would like. WTF? She is a ropey old tart anyway. Why dont they pick someone better to focus on or better still get rid of the stoopid thing altogether.

The F1 was Rowan Atkinson's. Its a not very nice burgundy colour which does it no favours at all.

The more I see the Enzo the more I like it. It looks like nothing else on earth. That said I still think I would rather an F50 and a few other cars. Apart from massive speed it apparently doesnt have much in the way of driver appeal or satisfaction

11. Tubi

Tubi Formula Junior

Jul 1, 2004
    Athens
    Full Name:
    Hari
    F40 def my N.o 1 choice....that car is undoubtedly a legend and timeless.....but personally i dont think the Enzo is 'uncool'. i'd be amazed if everyone said that after a ride in one or having the chance to drive one about town for a couple of hours and i agree that it looked amazing at speed and cornering - but there is just something about the f40......

12. greghurst

greghurst Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2003
    Casa de Hurst
    Full Name:
    Greg Hurst
    The f40 and Enzo were Nick Masons, (as stated by someone else before), the Mac F1 is Rowan Atkinsons, Nicks' F1 is a road going red gtr, with reversing cameras and only the one seat, i thought the Carrera GT's owner was the guy who owns goodwood, before researching via my magazine collection and finding his GT is silver........

13. Davey S1

Davey S1 Formula Junior

Jan 20, 2004
    Cardiff, Wales
    Full Name:
    David
    Lord March.

He had the first CGT in Britain I think

14. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004

15. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    I guess the point of the cool wall is to generate threads like this! It's cheap TV that deliberately sets out to be inflammatory and gets the 'water cooler' discussions going. If it's not that, I'm blowed if I know why they do it.

Like I care if the cars' cool or not- give me the Enzo any day of the week and twice on Saturdays

16. ferrarimadbloke

ferrarimadbloke Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Porthcawl S.Wales
    Full Name:
    Leyton Thomas
    Bring back William Woolard!

17. v15ben

v15ben Formula 3

Aug 12, 2004
    Yorkshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Ben
    William Who????!!!

18. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Yeah, and Chris Goffey.....

19. 400SPYDER

400SPYDER F1 Rookie

Jul 7, 2004
    Kent, England
    Full Name:
    kevan

20. sf348s

sf348s Karting

Oct 8, 2003
    Lazio, Italy & UK
    Full Name:
    Steve Holden
    come on guys, in general how cool do you feel getting out of your ferrari with loads of people watching from the pub garden as you slide your seat right back , swing your legs over a 10 inch sill, and hoik yourself though the crappy litte gap left while holding onto your pride & joys door / window so it doesn't bang into the BM you were upstaging ??!!!

21. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Fair point, well made! :)

22. Robbo

Robbo Karting

Feb 16, 2004
    I didn't see that show either, but I presume that the DB9 is considered 'cool' as it has 'class'. That is something that has been sorely lacking within the Ferrari range over recent years.
    sf348s has it right.
    The 360/Enzo etc are great cars, but about as cool as a Robbie Williams CD.

Both try too hard and that just isn't cool.

23. ferrarimadbloke

ferrarimadbloke Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Porthcawl S.Wales
    Full Name:
    Leyton Thomas
    Then there was always Michelle Newman...........mmmmmmmmmmmmm, remember her testdriving a 3.2 Mondial?

24. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003

Yeah, and that posh blonde bird whose name I can't remember right now.

25. ric355

ric355 Guest

Dec 21, 2003
    Was that the posh blonde bird I just referenced?