Spotted | Page 10 | FerrariChat

Spotted

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by FerrariSlave, May 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    550:
    If you zip around in a Maranello and talk about how much you love taking care of your boys, chances are you won't have to worry about being single for long. Single and pretty girls think it is hilarious I take my puppy out for spins in a Hummer and let my grade school god-daughter drive it out on a friend's ranch.
    And an H2 is simply a giant Suburban.

Frank:
    What if the new Vette shows up to one of our drives? Can we count that as a 550/575 spotting as it is simply a rip off of the Marenllo. Yuck! Awesome car ( price, power, presence of American muscle ) but the glaring rip off in style disgusts me.
    That being said, it is a car I would actually consider purchasing and not worry about every gear shift or bump in the road with. What's the oil change on a Vette, 50 bucks max? On a 575 at an authorized dealer it is over a grand.

RocketBoy

2. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,I don't know exactly What we can compare that New Vette too. From the Front,I think it looks just like a New Acura NSX,with the new Open Headlights. But,I just read in Road & Track,yesterday,a comment that it looked like a Miata from the Front...and I can see that,too...:)

As a whole,yes,a Maranello does come to mind. (Have you seen any pix of the Prototype Car that Chevy has? Forgot what it was called... I saw it,and at first thought that IT looked just like a Maranello..Right down to the Fastback,and 2 Round,Taillights!) But,it does also look like a "Continuation" of the C5 Vette...which was around before the Maranello...)

But,for what it is...I can certainly agree with you that 'For the Money',it's better than just about any other Sportscar made in the World. THE Best "Bang for the Buck" out there,hands down.

IMO,I like the look of the '68-'82 Vettes the most....I Think that they are starting to look More Exotic than any New "Exotic". Maybe Chevy shopuld do a "Retro" Thing,Like Ford is doing with the Mustang,and GT(40) and make the Vettes look more like...Vettes!...:)

3. Seen A 360 Modena with custom plates on I94 heading north on sunday about a minute after I seen a Silver 360 modena with challange girll heading south.

4. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Followed a silver Lambo, not sure of the model? Up Rt. 53 this morning. The car had dealer plates on it, was that you Micheal ???? Nice car, it exited at Palatine Rd East about 10 am this morning...

5. Michael RPM

Michael RPM Formula Junior

Apr 10, 2002
    Oak Brook, IL
    Full Name:
    Michael Wogronic
    Hey Tod! Yeah, that was me; was going to a meeting in Northbrook. Its funny how it doesn't take as long to get up there in an Italian sports car. :)

6. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    LOL! Yes,a Drive somewhere always seems too short when I take my Ferrari.

7. Tod328gts

Tod328gts Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2003
    River Forest, IL
    Full Name:
    Tod Whitmore
    Just wish mine wasn't always getting sick and having to go to the doctors... :( hopefully this year was a flook with my baby getting sick all the time..... :( I want to drive her, maybe i should get another Italian car to switch off... ;)

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    In the eighties I used to have a Commodore Amiga computer (remember Miami Vice?). State of the art, but very fragile. And Commodore took week to repair it. So I bought a second one just to be covered. Sure enough one was always at the shop...

9. SCF123

SCF123 Rookie

Oct 24, 2004
    Chicago, Il
    Full Name:
    Zach Aries
    i just saw a 360 modena, and 2 vipers (white with blue stripes) on the mag. mile!

10. chasking

chasking Formula Junior

Nov 27, 2003
    Chicago, IL
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Sunday at about 4:00 I saw an orange Lamborghini Gallardo near the Jefferson Park transit station in Chicago.

11. SPOTTED ROSSO CORSA 550 MARANELLO NEAR WISCONSIN BORDER 7:15am-7:20am GOING SOUTH ON R41 I SPOTTED THE 550 FROM A MILE AWAY.

WHO WAS IT.. PEOPLE STOP IDENTIFYING THEM SELFS ON THE SPOTTED THREAD. :(

12. Manuel NSX1164

Manuel NSX1164 Karting

Jul 9, 2004
    Chicago, IL
    Dark gray / titanium 360 Modena coupe on Westbound I90/94, early Sunday evening 10/30., between Ogden and Belmont exits... 2 ppl in car.

Anyone here ??

13. loudvette

loudvette Karting

Sep 28, 2004
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    David
    Oh, that was my wife and I probally taking the car out for the last time before it snows here.. We drove to LFSC to get some keys. They had a "Bad ASS" black enzo with black and red int. Worth checking out..

14. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Today,as I was Eastbound on Il.Rt.56, (Butterfield Rd.) in the Wheaton/Winfield area. I saw a Black? (or Very Dark Blue) and Tan 355 Spider headed Westbound at around 2:45PM.

Then,when I was a few blocks from Home...still on Butterfield Rd.,approaching Summit Av. in Oakbrook Terrace. I Saw a Red/Tan 360 Spider headed Southbound on Summit at about 3:00PM.

Anyone we know,out there? (Michael FVM...?)

Loudvette...you Must join us for a drive sometime. We had 2 really great ones in a Row the past 2 weekends. As long as the Weather holds out...and,our Cars LOVE that Cold,Crisp Air...:). I will be up for going for a Drive. (Before the Road Salt hits,and then my Baby goes in for service...:) )

15. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    Silver 575 exiting 53 South and turning east on Algonquin at around 7:30 pm on Friday. Quite curious to see who this is as the only other Fcars in my area I know of are a 360, two 355s and two 456s. I heard the compressed air can man lives in the neighborhood next door with his "by by cop" F40 among others but have never seen him. A friend of Skips who is a friendly and funny Italian has two awesome Fcars seen at shows lives in/near Barrington and/or South Barrington as well. But have never seen another 575 in my area.

RocketBoy

16. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    I've got a blue 550 and am up and down route 53 in your area all the time; there are plenty of Ferraris around.

17. RocketBoy

RocketBoy Formula 3

Feb 13, 2004
    Wisconsin
    Full Name:
    Professor Hajji
    I believe I've seen your blue 550, TDF and tan and a stellar nav setup? Was for sale at LFSC and you showed it at the FCA party in Park Ridge this summer? If this is your car, quite beautiful.

RocketBoy

18. drgek

drgek Formula 3

Jun 21, 2004
    Full Name:
    Gary
    That would be the one; thanks. Will be for sale in 1 1/2 years or so, when the F430 Spider gets here :)

19. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    anyone here own a black 360 spider who lives in park ridge?
    ive seen you once by my old high school and recently discovered where this black beauty is garaged. beautiful car man, beautiful car....

mike

20. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Well,one of my Doctors owns a Black/Black 360 Spider. And,he works at Lutheran General Hospital there in Park Ridge. But,I don't think that he lives there....So,probably not his...?

21. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    does your doctor also own serveral mercedes' including a silver sl55 amg, a black cl500 and one of those weird g wagen things?

mike

22. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    I don't think so.

23. caps8419

caps8419 Karting

Aug 20, 2004
    Thousand Oaks, CA
    Full Name:
    michael
    no thats definalty not him.
    my cardiologist is at luthern general but he drives a porsche... hes not yet willing to convert.... i'll get to him...(insert evil laugh here).

mike

24. marcof1

marcof1 Rookie

Dec 1, 2003
    Chicagland
    Full Name:
    Marco
    SPOTTED A RED 360 SPIDER AT 11:45 PM IN GREEKTOWN. BEAUTIFUL. THEN ALL OF THE SUDDEN IT STARTED TO RAIN. THAT SUCKED.

25. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank

Yeah,I've seen a few Porsches in the Lutheran General Parking garage.