Garage-Dri | FerrariChat

Garage-Dri

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by barabus, Nov 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    #1 barabus, Nov 3, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I recently installed a new system for keeping your garage dry called garage-dri. http://www.garage-dri.com/.

It's different to the usual de-humidifier in as much as it does not collect water, rather it converts the incoming air somehow, I dont really understand it but it's supposed to work.

I just wondered if anyone else is using one and if so do they think their any good????

Cheers.....Si
    Image Unavailable, Please Login
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Blimey, for a van driver you don't mind spending your folding on gadgets, Si :D

3. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Well you gotta look after the Beasty eh Tone.
    Its funny I tell the Misses off for buying another flippin handbag and think nothing of spending big bucks on the Big F.

4. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    HEHE ! So true, Tubi for me , Gucci bag for her :D

5. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    I have looked at that, but I really cant make up my mind whether it will really work. So I would be interested in your experience with it.

I have just installed a Ruby Dry dehumidifier, which in two days has changed the environment in my garage completely, but I still may put in the Garage dri as well to be sure to be sure!

http://www.dry-it-out.com/rubydry.htm

Mal

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Not having a power point in my crummy excuse for a garage I'm struggling on the de-humidifier front.

Has anybody any experience of one that can be powered off a car battery?

7. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    With no power it would drain the battery in no time

8. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Thought so

How about a windmill powered one then? :)

9. mal

mal Formula Junior

Jan 12, 2004
    Kent
    Graham - apparently you can get solar powered ones:

''The final option, and probably the best if your garage is separate from the house, is an airchamber. By isolating the car in a dust-free bubble and blowing filtered air through all the time, these products ensure as clean and dry an environment as possible. The air flowing through gradually removes any moisture that has adhered to the car, arresting any corrosion. The only significant disadvantage for the ordinary user is one of bulk – in a normal garage it will effectively block off shelves and tool racks around the car. Don’t be put off just because you use the car regularly; it takes a few seconds to unzip and roll back the cover and few more to replace it. If your garage lacks power, it’s possible to run them off a 12-volt battery and even to set up a solar-powered charger to keep that battery topped up.''

This a quote from the classic cars magazine artile 'is you garage killing your car' see here:
    http://www.classiccarsmagazine.co.uk/nav?page=classiccars.specialfeatures.detail&resource=651222

Hope this helps

Mal

10. OmegaSteve

OmegaSteve Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2004
    Hertfordshire
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Mal,

Thanks for the info on the Rubi-dry, i've just ordered one, should be with me tomorrow. Will report back on performance if anyone is interested

11. F328GTS

F328GTS Formula 3

Apr 27, 2004
    Cambridgeshire, UK
    Full Name:
    Nigel R
    I heard a bale of hay in the garage can be quite effective as it will absorb all the moisture in the air. As it's so cheap it might be worth a go...

12. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Either that or an industrial size dessicant bag

13. barabus

barabus F1 Rookie

Aug 22, 2004
    12 Cylinder Village
    Full Name:
    Si
    Hi Mal
    Well I can only tell you this. Before the garage-dri the bare steel of my vice would go brown obviously the damp was causing rust to form.
    However since the installation the vice remains clear, so it would seem like it's working, but like you it's hard to understand without seeing any accumulated water you don't actually know for sure.