How Many Will Never Sell Their Fcar? | Page 2 | FerrariChat

How Many Will Never Sell Their Fcar?

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by redjeeper, Nov 3, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Only plan on adding to the current stable (of one) - :)

But you never know.

2. stephens

stephens F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Feb 13, 2004
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Stephen S
    Unless the car is a classic, 250 etc, why would you keep it "forever", when Ferrari has released, better, faster etc cars in its place? My 550 is for sale any time at the right price, I've ordered a F430 which will go when I find a replacement for that etc. I think the longest I have kept a car was 2 years for a Toyota Corolla of all things, which was a great run around, while I getting my life together after going broke about 10 years ago. On average I keep a car for around 9 months. This, inconjuction with the fact that I have between 4-6 cars at any one time, makes me popular with the local wholesalers and dealers.

3. Forzaholics Anonymous

Forzaholics Anonymous Formula Junior

Aug 23, 2004
    So Cal
    Full Name:
    Mike B
    So long as I have the garage space or land to build on, I'm not inclined to part with either Boxster, 308 or Dodge or certain other F-cars that I'm very seriously looking at right now.

However, if a super good real estate opportunity came up, I'd be inclined to sell the cars. I had a collection of a dozen vintage Rolexes that went out the door faster then you can say "close of escrow" when an opportunity surfaced last May. I do miss them however.

4. Theo

Theo Formula Junior

May 6, 2002
    Westford, MA
    Full Name:
    Theo Pappas
    It took me many years to save up and buy my first love: a Red/Tan 328. I swore I would never sell it and would sell the house and eat dog food first. However, my wife got sick and needed a transplant. I needed money for potential medical bills. I could have drained all my savings, sell stocks, take a loan, etc., to cover it. But, I decided in the end to sell my Ferrari. I couldn't enjoy it with my wife being in the hospital waiting for an organ.

Well, I was lucky in that only a little of the cash from the sell of the car was needed for medical bills. The other I invested and is making some money. I now plan on buying my next love, a 355 spider in the spring.

You never know what life throws at you.

Theo

5. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    The sentiment, yes, but as you get older, the fleet of unused cars in the yard becomes quite an eyesore. Plus, cars need to be driven and if they are anything special, they deserve to be used. I'd like to keep my Lotus forever, but I can see finding it a good home if I get the urge to try an F car.

Ken

6. pino40

pino40 Karting

Aug 1, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe or Pino or JP
    I cant see myself selling my TR.I just love my car.
    Then again everything is for sale at the right $$$$$$$

7. cavallo_nero

cavallo_nero Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    colorado
    Full Name:
    Giovanni Pasquale
    venusome
    sweet, you got a gm 350 in that z car!!!!

8. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    The Mad Hatter
    ...never...love it too much!!! :D

Cheers,
    Travis

9. Bob Zambelli

Bob Zambelli F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Manning, SC
    Full Name:
    Robert G. Zambelli
    I've had my GTC for 29 years - maybe I'll sell it after another 29!
    Bob Z

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

Perhaps your soul? Not everything is for sale!!!

11. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    I waited over 30 years to buy mine, and while others may use their first car as a stepping-stone to something newer or more exotic, I'm not one of them. I'm perfectly happy with my 328 and will probably keep it the rest of my driving life!

12. Auraraptor

Auraraptor F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 25, 2002
    MO
    If I can afford to, I am never going to sell it.

13. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Kept my first sports car for over 30 years...can't see selling the Ferrari any sooner than that.

14. Lawrence Coppari

Lawrence Coppari Formula 3

Apr 29, 2002
    Kingsport, TN
    Full Name:
    Lawrence A. Coppari
    Owned my 1987 since 1988. I have no plans to sell it. But everthing I have except my dogs and wife could be sold if the price is right.

15. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    It's easy to say that you'll never sell <something>

But life changes, situations change, and sometimes things just don't work out like you expect.

Anyone want a 328?

16. Artherd

Artherd F1 Veteran

Jun 19, 2002
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Ben Cannon
    But Armen, you promised me your amazing GTO! (just kidding ~;)

17. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    When i bought my 550 i said to myself i am never going to sell this car. Now 2.5 years later the car is sold.

18. Adrenln328

Adrenln328 Formula Junior

Sep 1, 2003
    Kingston, Wa, USA
    Full Name:
    Byron
    I have to agree with Venusone & Jimpern. The 328 is still the most attractive car ever made. (in my humble opinion) Although I could get other cars, THIS is the top of the mountain in design, sounds great, and is powerful. And when someone sees it, they KNOW that this is a Ferrari. Other ones could be added to my garage, but just about everyone I've ever talked to who parted with a 328 says they wish they hadn't sold it.
    At Monterey a few months ago, I had the opportunity to chat with both Mr Pininfarina & Mr Piero Ferrari. My suggestion was that if they would produce a 328 body with all the modern technology, they would sell them faster than they could make them, but they do that anyway with the current production line, so that isn't much of an incentive! Just a thought...

19. jsa330

jsa330 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I wouldn't sell my 330 for any less than my total $$ outlay. I'm not about to sell "reasonably" to some guy who thinks he's smart and cutting himself a deal so I will probably have it quite awhile, which is what I bought it for anyway. That's no hardship; I just got back from a great morning ride in clear 55F weather--nice, the kind of conditions these cars were designed for, as opposed to the standard Texas 95F and 80% humidity.

If the opportunity to make a fair trade up to a very nice 365 GTC/4 came along, I might look into it.

20. poleposition

poleposition Karting

Dec 10, 2003
    The 328 GTB - NEVER!
    The 360 CS - Maybe never or at least until the 430 CS is available to me
    The Testarossa - Definitely, just as soon as I get my hands on a nice F512M. Once I get that, I'll never sell it.

21. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    A lot of people who see my car, and obviously know Ferraris, say they still like the 308/328 styling better than any of the cars Ferrari has produced since. A modernized 328 (but perhaps modified slightly to provide a bit more interior room) would be an interesting proposition.

22. meantestarossa

meantestarossa Karting

Jul 15, 2004
    Northern CA
    Full Name:
    Ron McDaniel
    My 91 Testarossa I will never sell because it is well sorted out and because I've added some extra touches to it to make it one of a kind and even more special .It's been a dream car all my life. I do however plan on adding more exotics to the stable to complement it.

23. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    So I take it those killer HRE's aren't going anywhere either? ;)

24. zjpj

zjpj F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    USA
    I will probably sell my new fcars and never sell any vintage although people do seem to trade the rare cars about quite a bit. i just want to build a collection, not replace it!

25. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    my daughter is only ten and she says she will disown me if I sell the car....its cheaper to keep it!