New Trick To Beat A Ticket | FerrariChat

New Trick To Beat A Ticket

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Ken, Nov 4, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ken

Ken F1 World Champ

Oct 19, 2001
    Arlington Heights IL
    Full Name:
    Kenneth
    Someone sent me this but I think it's silly. Any informed comments about it??Ken

WHAT TO DO IF YOU GET A TRAFFIC TICKET

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    This system has been tried and it works in every state. If you get a
    speeding ticket or went through a red light or whatever the case may be, and you're going to get points on your license, this is a method to ensure that you DO NOT get the points.

When you get your fine, send in a check to pay for it. If the fine is $79.00, make the check out for $82.00 or some small amount over the fine. The system will then have to send you back a check for the difference, however here is the trick. DO NOT CASH THE REFUND CHECK! Throw it away! Points are not assessed to your
    license until all financial transactions are complete. If you do not
    cash the check, then the transactions are NOT complete.

The system has received it's money and is satisfied and will no longer bother you. This information comes from an unmentionable computer company that sets up the standard databases used by every state. Send this to everyone you know. You never know when they may need a break.

2. pino40

pino40 Karting

Aug 1, 2004
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    Joe or Pino or JP
    I heard the same thing but never met anyone that got away with it.
    If anyone has done it,please post it.

3. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    This was discussed before, and there was some comments that it did not work. Don't know. I do know in Alaska, the points go on when they recieve your payment, regardless of how much you send.

4. BubblesQuah

BubblesQuah F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Charlotte
  5. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    i know for a fact that this does not work... i heard about it; tried it when i got a ticket; not only did they STILL put the points on my license, they never sent me a check for the $2 or $3 over the fine...! Talk about adding insult to injury...

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    "New" isn't really the word to describe this one.

7. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I can tell you from experience that this "old" method will not work in California!

8. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    And if you've been drinking when you get pulled over, a copper penny beneath your tongue will trick the breathalyzer every time. ;)

9. MARQ

MARQ Formula 3

Feb 9, 2002
    East Coast US
    Full Name:
    Marq
    Nor does it work in Maryland or DC..

10. Storm-Rider

Storm-Rider Karting

Nov 7, 2003
    Nor in Arizona. Or maybe I'm a moron for trying it with a parking ticket.

11. Bill_OBrien

Bill_OBrien Formula Junior

Oct 28, 2004
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Bill O'Brien
    Always go and fight the ticket. Talk to the prosecutor. I have had very good luck with this. They are usually looking to get the issue of the ticket resolved and on to other matters. All you say is " I would be happy to pay my fine and be done with this if I do not have to get any points."

Sometimes they say they have to assign some points but they will almost always reduce it at least.

12. FerrariFan

FerrariFan Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Big D
    Full Name:
    Patrick C.
    Risky. What if you go & talk to the prosecutor & not only does he/she assign points & not reduce the cost of the ticket, but add on court costs too. Ouch!

13. 285ferrari

285ferrari Two Time F1 World Champ
    Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Every states different. In MD for a payable traffic citation you don't get to talk to the S.A.(Prosecutor) You may hire a lawyer or defend yourself , but the States Attorney does not get invovled. Always go to court. If you send in the fine you always get the points

14. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    No. Even if it did work, you shouldn't be cheating out of arrest/ticket after you just endangered the lives of so many people, including yourself. Drinking and driving is one of the worst things you can do in a car, and as a teenager people at my school have to learn from experience. Already got one friend dead, I don't need another.

15. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    I heard that it a penny doesnt work anyway. I know a lot of cops and they said theres really no way to fake a breathalyzer.

16. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    Pssst.... Hey, guys. There is no way to cheat a breathalyzer.

I was just adding another rediculous Urban Legend to the already rediculous idea that overpaying a ticket will help avoid points on your license.

(P.S. There also aren't any gang members driving without headlights on that will shoot whoever flashes them.)

17. SupercarGuru

SupercarGuru F1 Rookie
    Sponsor

Dec 14, 2003
    Fl
    Full Name:
    John Temerian

Does that work in every state?

18. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    What most cops won't tell you is that breathalyzers are incredibly inaccurate. Always refuse it, and offer to take the blood test at the station. Do not rely on the breathalyzer result.

19. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    A state of intoxication certainly makes it more plausible. :)

20. UroTrash

UroTrash Three Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Jan 20, 2004
    Purgatory
    Full Name:
    Clifford Gunboat
    Pennies are now zinc, with copper plating.

21. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    This may be controversial but worth mentioning since we live in a society governed by law and citizens have and expected to have basic rights. I certainly never drive under the influence and I never promote such a thing under any circumstance. The last thing I want is to have people sharing the road with me while under the influence. So please don’t get me wrong...

I was recently in a pool for jury selection for a DUI case. The person accused had refused the Breathalyzer test and was arrested and later released with bail. But since the prosecution did not have evidence (blood alcohol level) they had to convince the jury that she was under the influence beyond the reasonable doubt to win the case. I was there for the first three hours or so of jury selection and many potential jurors were dismissed, I was also dismissed. It seemed majority were dismissed due to their analytical ability and questioning the authorities about circumstantial evidence. I can tell you based on what I saw in those three hours, prosecution would have had a hard time to win the case since they were missing the key evidence, blood alcohol level. The witnesses were bunch of arresting cops.

The moral of the story is... and I am not promoting DUI under any circumstance, but if you are stopped and if you feel you may or may not pass, it is always a good idea to refuse the test until at the presence of your attorney, or don’t take the test at all. And forget all about myths.

22. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    Fact one breathalyzers are NOT inaccurate. There test your deep lung air, not whats in your mouth.Fact two you as the defendant do NOT have the option to take a blood test, it's the breathalyzer or nothing. Unless the case stems from a serious or fatal crash. This is the case in MD. And if you refuse to submit to a breathalyzer your license is automatically revoked for a period of not less than 6 months.

23. 4i2fly

4i2fly Formula 3

Apr 16, 2004
    SF, Bay Area
    I don't know how it is in MD but if you get caught in California with a DUI violation you are hosed for I think 7 years and you lose your license to drive for a period of time (probably 6 months, not sure) and you get to go to these AA meetings on the bus...all part of making sure you don't do it again.

Hek, if I have the choice of losing license for 6 months or the above which would I choose?

24. 285ferrari

Sponsor

Sep 11, 2004
    Southern Md
    Full Name:
    Robbie
    First offense in Md, usually is supervised probation for 1 yr., completion of substance abuse program, 30 days in jail--28 days are suspended you only do one weekend in jail and few hundred dollar fine. All that is if you blow. If you don't the license is taken on top of that.