Sunday, November 7th - Drive through MA into CT with Porsche Club | FerrariChat

Sunday, November 7th - Drive through MA into CT with Porsche Club

Discussion in 'New England' started by spivy, Nov 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. spivy

spivy Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Newton, MA
    Full Name:
    Gene Spivak
    The Porsche Club of America is having its Sunday Fall Tour & Brunch on Sunday, November 7th. This will be a long Sunday drive from Massachusetts into Connecticut, followed by a nice late brunch. Why don't a few Ferraris crash the party? :)

"Have you had a great year with your Porsche? Enjoyed a full calendar of tech sessions, concours, autocross and driver's education? Looking for one last great event before you put it away for the winter (or slap the Blizzaks on)?

We'll be meeting bright and early on Sunday, November 7th for a leisurely Sunday morning drive through the wooded roads of Central Massachusetts and the Quiet Corner of Connecticut, concluding at the Harvest Restaurant in Pomfret, Connecticut for a casual Sunday brunch with your fellow aficionados. Come join your fellow members of the Northeast Region as we sample the pumpkin and wood smoke scents of the fall air and view the foliage as the last tendrils of color dangle from the trees on a nice Sunday morning drive. All at legal speeds, of course.

For the morning drive, we'll be departing promptly at 9:00 a.m. from the big parking lot of the Salt Box Country Store, 626 Main Street (Route 117 West), Bolton, Massachusetts, right off of I-495, between Rt. 2 and the Mass Pike.
    We'll be using Motorola (FRS) radios on the drive, so bring one if you have one (channel 9, code 11), and make sure you've filled your gas tank! From I-495, take Route 117 West for less than a half-mile; the Salt Box is on the left.

This is intended to be a very informal, casual event. No registration and no registration fee, but if you plan on attending, please send an email to Dennis Liu at [email protected] so he can have an estimate for the restaurant. Thanks!"

2. BusDriver

BusDriver Formula Junior

Mar 30, 2004
    Northeast USA
    I will be coming.
    See you guys on Sunday

Jon

3. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    is there an update of how many Ferraris or porsches will be there?

4. FNU_LNU

FNU_LNU Karting

May 22, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    AM
    My wife and I are going in the 348

5. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    ill probably swing by the beginning of the route and get some pics.

6. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    I'll be there sans spouse. Looks like it will be great weather. It will be the coming out party for the 330 GT.

7. Speedracer38

Speedracer38 F1 Veteran

Oct 11, 2004
    Connecticut
    Full Name:
    Jason Thorgalsen
    im gonna try to head out to the restaraunt in CT and check out all the cars. anyone know what kind of porsches are going?
    -Jason

8. TonyM

TonyM Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Pomfret Center, CT
    Full Name:
    Tony Mongillo
    For those who are also interested in Auto Flee Markets, there will be a large one at Thompson Speedway this weekend. It is about 10 miles north of The Harvest.

Their web site is http://www.thompsonspeedway.com/schedules/flea-market.htm

It is running on Sat and Sunday. No Ferrari, or other foriegn cars parts there, but lots of US car stuff.

For those that remember Thompson Speedway from the 60's and 70's, the vender area is where the old road racing back course was. The pavement is still there, unfortunatley not used for road racing in a lot of years.

Tony

9. racerx

racerx Guest

Nov 23, 2003
    Well someone said the count was 35. I met up wiith the whole bunch at the salt box. Spivy was there ready for action in his driving shoes. Highlight of the meet, besides my car, was a silver (what else) CGT. The guy was quite competent engaging the clutch, so much so, that it was so smooth you would have thought it was an auto. Half dozen or so F-cars including the nice 330.

Tom

10. FNU_LNU

FNU_LNU Karting

May 22, 2004
    New England
    Full Name:
    AM
    Thx agian to Dennis and the folks involved for running the event. Man those 360s are fast.

11. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I really enjoyed the drive also - I think that Dennis was quite impressed that I brought my mum with me in the CS. We certainly spent a reasonable amount of time with the revs north of 5000 - working to try and demonstrate that the 360 is quite fast :)

It was a good turn out by the Dan360 clan with the rest of the family in our pursuit car. 500 miles up in the new Merc most of it being fairly caned on this drive. My 3 1/2 year old loved the CGT and the noise it made.

It was a great route with lots of cars nd a very nice brunch - so thanks again to Dennis.

12. sam231

sam231 Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2004
    RI
    I too would like to thank Dennis and all the nice people I met. It was my first group run and it was a ball! I have to apologize to all who were behind me for being so slow, the 330 is new to me and I was just getting the "feel" of the car. It was a great run and showed me how much of a difference there is between modern technology and old. And I also must apologize to the farmer who was shaking the rake; I had to down-shift going into the corner (making lots of noise) or I would have been become a permanent fixture in your living room.

13. karc

karc Formula Junior

Nov 19, 2003
    anyone take pics?