360 Power Runs & Enhancements | FerrariChat

360 Power Runs & Enhancements

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by Big T, Nov 7, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I had my 360 dyno'd some time ago but it wasn't the normal type of rolling road but one that measured it at the axle or hub and not the wheels.

The car measured at 360BHP, not sure of the torque, need to check my sheet but I was wondering what it would have made at the flywheel, only curious cos I know it's difficult to work these figures out exactly. The chap who did the run is a reputable guy and reckons it's probably just over the 400 mark, I've heard of many 360's not making anywhere near that so was wondering if this could be right....I must admit, this car is pretty quick and been tested against some 500BHP 993's and had no problems with them.

Couple of things, can anyone recommend a good rolling road to take the car to? Also, anyone reputable to carry out any performance upgrades? Nothing too much as I know it costs loads to get little.

Also, does anyone know much about these G-Tech Pro units???

Any help would be great.

2. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    Tony

circa 15% losses are reasonable so 360 at the wheels would be around 420 at the flywheel, sounds like you've got a strong one there :)

3. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Cheers Mark. Bl00dy hell, it can't be that much, surely???...I'ts been to a couple of reputable independants in the past few months for some bits of work and they have all said how quick it feels compared to other 360's so I'm pretty happy about that.

All it's had done is a TUBI, as far as I know that is!....there's a plaque in the dash that I haven't seen on other 360's, wondering if there's a clue there to it being a quick one or just me being stupid??

4. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    What does the plaque say? "Fill with kerosene only"?

5. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    "Remember a clean pair of pants" in Italian, well it should be the way I drive it!!

Na, it's something about commemorating Ferrari for being F1 champions, well that's what I reckon it is....

I've also had a good run against a 360CS some while back and I was pulling away!!!!!

6. GrahamS

GrahamS F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 29, 2004
    24 hours from Tulsa
    Full Name:
    Grandmaster G
    Sounds like you've got a real machine there. Are you sure it's had no mods done to it? I suppose you could extra BHP by blueprinting the engine but I doubt that's been done

7. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I am sure it hasn't had any...one garage was sure that it must have had an ECU upgrade but my dealer said no!! I really wanna get it tested again, but not sure who to go to...If it is as powerful as I think it is then it's not worth spending lots on it...may just go for the De-Cat or Sports Cats and the GruppeM Intake kit....then some remapping.

8. Jaz

Jaz Formula Junior

Jun 26, 2004
    London
    Full Name:
    JAZ

I would speak to the guys down at scuderiasystems.. They are very clued up with this sort of thing.

Jaz.

9. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Cheers Jaz, I've spoken to Manu there before about power upgrades, he knows his stuff. He also recommended a rolling road but it was a bit far away, looking for someone in or around the London area but not sure who's good or not.

10. steve f

steve f F1 World Champ

Mar 15, 2004
    12cylinder town
    Full Name:
    steve
    A bit far away you are in london cant be that far can it ????????

11. jrs

jrs Formula 3

Jun 14, 2003
    UK
    Full Name:
    James S
    Who/where did he recommend ?

12. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Can't remember the name but it was in the Midlands somewhere, I remember it being approx 300 miles round trip. I'd like to use the same one each time I change something and preferably someone who's got ECU/Re-Mapping knowledge.....Anyone know much about DAMAX Engineering? I think that's about a 150 mile round trip which isn't too bad, not sure whether they have a rolling road though.

13. markcp

markcp Karting

Feb 3, 2004
    North London
    Full Name:
    Mark Parsons
    How about Power Engineering? I think they're based in Middlesex. The place in the midlands would probably be Nobles (not the car manufacturer) in Derbyshire.

Mark.

14. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Thanx Mark, just looked at their webiste. This could be handy if I use VERDI's to do work on it as they are near each other.

15. Ade

Ade Formula 3

Jan 31, 2004
    UK
    What sort of fuel economy do you get out of your 360? You may already have a chip in it. Does it rev higher than 8500?

16. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    I don't think it has been chipped, I do know for sure it doesn't rev higher than the 8 and a half mark...Fuel economy is crap, but then I don't drive it like an old woman. Have never checked MPG, too busy tearing it about to work it out ;-) plus I don't wanna know how much I've spent in fuel in the 7k I've done since April.....T.