Doody: CS driving impressions? | FerrariChat

Doody: CS driving impressions?

Discussion in 'New England' started by Birdman, Nov 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Birdman

Birdman F1 Veteran

Jun 20, 2003
    North shore, MA
    Full Name:
    THE Birdman
    Hey Mr. Doody,
    I know I could have asked you this in a private e-mail, but I thought a lot of people would probably be just as interested in this as me. Now that you have parted company with that terrific 550 and taken possession of the 360 CS, I'm curious about your thoughts and driving impressions. What do you like about the CS? Anything you dislike? Anything you didn't expect? Since very few of us will ever get the chance to drive both of those cars, nevermind own them, it would be very interesting to hear your thoughts. Have you had a chance to really wind that thing out yet before winter sets in?

Birdman

2. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    hey birdie!

i'm still inside the break-in miles period. was on the road for the better part of last week on business and just got home today. tomorrow i plan to get her past the break-in barrier.

so i haven't really run her aggressively. i've nearly soiled myself on two highway on-ramps - when she cuts loose, she CUTS LOOSE ;).

but i've been working really hard to keep it sub 5K RPMs (8500 redline), so i can't really usefully comment on the "true" driving impressions yet.

soon though, soon......

doody.

3. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Doody,
    You weren't by any chance passing through Peabody yesterday, were you? I was getting some lunch with a friend when he just started pointing out the window at a gorgeous red 360 CS!

If it was you, the car was beautiful and sounded great too!! If not, whoever owns that car has one nice ride!

-Jamie

4. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    not i. could have been Dan360 though (he has the stripe, i don't).

doody.

5. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Doody,

Mr Doody traded the 550 for a 360CS? Man, I've really been out of touch.
    Congrats. You've been such long standing ambassador for the 550M. I've lusting over these as well and am curious to hear your paralelled comparison, contrast and preference.

6. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I was down in CT at lunchtime, although I did drive thru peabody on the way back, but that was about 3:30 or so. If it was a late lunch it mighta been me.

7. JamieO

JamieO Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    MA
    Full Name:
    Jamie
    Dan, It was around 3:30... I was at Land & Sea on Lynnfield Street in Peabody. You might have seen my silver Viper GTS out front when you drove by but then again, if I was driving your car I wouldn't be paying much attention to what I was driving past!!

I left right after you went by and was heading to Marblehead. The whole way over to Marblehead my friend and I were looking out for your car, hoping that you stopped somewhere for gas or a coffee or something just so we could take a look at it. Do you live in the area? If so, I'd love to check out your car sometime... it was absolutely gorgeous!! We walked over to the Viper like it was an '86 caravan after you drove by!

Jamie

8. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Doody, any chance of getting you to do a PDF-style comparison like you did the last time...? i still have it here, somewhere...