Steve Jenkins Vacation Home Show | FerrariChat

Steve Jenkins Vacation Home Show

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Cicero, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cicero

Cicero Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    Was just watching that Vacation Home Show and they featured a guy who I think is a member on here as I've emailed with him before, btu can't remember his username. Real name is Steve Jenkins from Seattle.

If that is you, that was a very cool vacation log home you just bought!

2. matteo

matteo F1 World Champ

Aug 1, 2002
    On a plane somewhere
    Full Name:
    Heir Butt
    There is a Steven Jenkins that is the lead singer for 3rd Eye Blind.

3. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
  4. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Pretty certain it's the same individual who is also a fellow F-Chatter and Ferrari owner (many times over). He has a wonderful collection of F-cars, including an F-40. Here are a few links:

http://ferrari.jenkins.org/

http://www.stevejenkins.com/

http://www.ferrariclub.com/downloads/

If you search the archives, you'll find threads discussing his F-40 purchase / upgrades.

EDIT: Oops...LAFun beat me to the reply :)

5. snj5

snj5 F1 World Champ

Feb 22, 2003
    San Antonio
    Full Name:
    Russ Turner
    Absolutely. Have been around Steve Jenkins since the early days of the primordial F-List years ago (mid/late 90s). A generous, gregarious and truly class guy.

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    I had the honor of being passed by Steve in his F40 repeatedly early this year. The car attracted horseflies like you wouldn't believe when going down the freeway. The only way to break up the pack was for him to accelerate out of it.

Really nice guy.

7. KNanthrup

KNanthrup Karting

Jan 14, 2004
    Issaquah, WA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Yep, that's definitely Steve. He's quite a guy. He's got a gorgeous house out here with a nice stable of f-cars. I see him drive by all the time, his F40 is just AWESOME!

Didn't see the show but I can imagine his vacation home must be amazing as well.

8. Wolfgang5150

Wolfgang5150 F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2003
    What channel was this on?

9. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I think his handle here is "SteveJ"...the show was on the travel channel...he announced it over on the ferrarlist.com email list about 6 or 8 weeks ago. Unfortunately no Ferraris in the show, Steve said that the show's producers nixed the idea...thinking that this would not relate to the "common man"....like I can relate to a 4500 sf "summer home", that costs 3/4 million! ;)

Don't get me wrong, Steve's a great guy...hell he gave me a ride in his awesome F40 this summer!! :)

10. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    It will be televised again on The Travel Channel on Sunday
    Nov/14/2004 03:30 pm (Eastern)

He was going to drive over to His V-Home in the F40 for the
    weekend of the Japanese Grand Prix with His Brother, and was
    looking for venue to watch the Race. ( His V-Home Satellite
    was not set up yet, and it's just 15 Minutes upriver from Me)
    I’d offered Him to come to my House to watch it on my small
    120" screen (by his standards, see below), but decided to stay
    Home that Weekend.

Bummer!!! Would Love to see an F40 exercising!!

Seems Gracious and Unassuming, and IS a serious Tifosi!

Hold your Breath:
    http://theater.stevejenkins.com/gallery/

11. Cicero

Cicero Formula 3

Jul 27, 2004
    yeah that's him! thanks. On the show he was concerned about the ability to put in wires in the log cabin since he was a techie type.

12. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    I saw that show! I was flipping channels when I found it. I usually don't watch those types of shows, but for some reason I sat down and paid attention. Now I know why.

Greg A

13. Steve

Steve Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Seattle, WA
    Full Name:
    Steve Jenkins
    Wow - one of my buds pointed me over to this thread, and MAN - I am blushing. I don't deserve all the nice things being said - but I'll thank those that are saying them anyway. Perhaps you guys could put in a good word with my Parole Officer? (just kidding!)

The travel show (called Vacation Home Search) aired again last night, actually. And I'm glad it did - TiVo deleted the original airing because I forgot to set it to "Never Delete." DOH! I'll have to extract the video to my PC when I get a chance. The production company sent us a VHS tape... and I was like "They still MAKE VHS tapes?" ;) If you want to see it, try a TiVo keyword search on "JENKINS" - that's how we got it to pop up.

And speaking of the lead singer for Third Eye Blind (he spells his first name Stephan, I spell mine Stephen), he's the reason I can no longer go to the local Taco Bell. I made the mistake of driving one of the FCars there (and STEVEJ is on all my the license plates) and the girl behind the counter looked at the name on my credit card (yes - I use a credit card at Taco Bell, get airline miles wherever you can!) and she freaked out. I didn't know why, but here's how the conversation went:

Girl: "You look really familiar to me."

Me: (thinking maybe her family goes to church with mine or something) "Uh... sure. That's possible."

Girl: "You're a musician right? And you sing?"

Me: (thinking certainly, now, that the girl must go to church with me - I play the organ at church, play a few musical instruments, and I sing solos at church from time to time) "Yeah, I do."

Girl: "I KNEW IT! You're STEVE JENKINS!"

Me: "Yeah! I am!"

Girl: "OMG! I have all you guys' albums! When are you going to come out with another record? Are you guys going on tour soon? When..."

Me: (finally realizing that while I AM Steve Jenkins, I'm not the one she thinks I am... I have a moment of choice, where I can dash her hopes, or play along.... yeah... I made the WRONG choice, and played along.) "Uh... we're working on some stuff in the studio now." (hoping to pacify her, eat quickly, and leave in peace)

Girl: (after asking for my ID to verify credit card match) "You look kinda different in person."

Me: (forced into furthering the lie, now) "Yeah... with all the the lights and makeup, you wouldn't recognize your grandmother on stage!"

Girl: (smiling) "Hey - is that your Ferrari out there with STEVEJ on the plate?"

Me: "Yep." (at least THAT wasn't a lie)

Girl: "I'm gonna call my boyfriend so he can check it out. He's gonna DIE!"

So the girl goes on break after getting me my food, and calls a few of her friends, who come to see the "celeb." Seriously - with the Ferrari, and this girl's giddyness, apparently none of the 6 or so people who showed up while I was eating could figure out that:

a) The other Steve Jenkins is way taller than me (I'm 5' 7" if I wear thick shoes), or

b) The other Steve Jenkins is 9 years older than me (he's 42 I believe), or

c) I am NOT a rock star, and I don't play one on TV, even.

And so NOW I can't go back in there. I am forced to have friends smuggle me Nachos Bell Grande.... the shame....

SteveJ

14. NickM3

NickM3 Formula Junior

Nov 23, 2003
    Full Name:
    Nick Y.
    Haha, great story :D

15. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    That is hilarious they thought you were a rock star! I guess it was your stage presence that made them think that, but still, a funny thing to have happen. I get the, "you look like someone I know/you look familiar..." line *all the time* when I meet people, sometimes I tell them it's cause I've been on TV (studio audience of a game show in Europe ;) ).

16. BlindBoy921

BlindBoy921 Rookie

May 23, 2004
    not to take any limelight from the "SteveJ" that this thread is about, but just had to clarify: as the biggest fan of Third Eye Blind ever, Jenkins from 3EB spells his name "Stephan" not "Steven".

re: www.stephanjenkins.com

Awesome house btw. I happened to catch the show, and I'm jelous :)