Halo 2 coming out at Midnight! | FerrariChat

Halo 2 coming out at Midnight!

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by damcgee, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    One hour, 7 minutes, and I will be at my friendly video game retailer, purchasing a copy of the game. Anyone else?

2. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Some friends and I went to EB Games tonight around 11:30PM and there were about 350 people waiting. The line was going up and down the mall. The people in front had been there since 6PM.

3. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    I went to our local store and waited less than half an hour, there were about 100 - 150 people there, but they had four registers open.

4. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What the hell is the deal with this game? I only bought an Xbox for PGR2 for the ring'. Why is there such a hype? Isnt it just like Half Life???

5. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    I've played Halo on the PC & I'm still not a fan of it. Besides, I'm still working on GTA San Andreas. Oh well, to each his (or her) own.

6. vdavie

vdavie Formula Junior

Sep 10, 2004
    norcal
    Full Name:
    vince davie
    Just got an e-mail this am to say it shipped!

vince

7. mike550

mike550 Formula Junior

Aug 20, 2003
    California - LA & SF
    Full Name:
    Mike G
    not nearly the same on the PC - get yourself and X-box and Halo2 and you will be hooked.

8. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    There was about 175 people here at the local mall, I was #84 (we had to take numbers) and it took me until 1am because they were only running 2 registers... then I played until 3:30am, woke up at 10 and just stopped playing for lunch.

9. ferrari fernatic

BANNED

Apr 12, 2004
    london
    Full Name:
    Fawad
    no i wouldn't say that there are many different 'opitions' with halo compared to half life eg:driving veicles.

10. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    Mike360 - I'd say the excitement about it is that the gameplay is really tuned well, it's a game that's fairly easy to pick up (as far as controls and interaction) but becomes very engrossing. The beauty of it is the simplicity in a way, and the bonuses are the little details that make it such an involving experience.

Then, after playing it through a few times, the multiplayer modes are even more fun. Getting 8, 12, or 16 guys together on a few different Xboxes and playing the VS modes are the best. In college we'd have 12 guys playing for like 4-6 hours straight, and a lot of them didn't regularly play videogames, but got sucked into Halo.

11. damcgee

damcgee Formula 3

Feb 23, 2003
    Mobile, AL
    The real fun is definitely in the team play. Last night, we started playing at 1:00am. We only had six people, but it was plenty of fun to play for a few hours. That new sword thing ROCKS!

12. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    i waited from 7:30 to 12 am yesterday to get the game with my brother and it was well owrth it. They even had a raffle for people in line and i won a huge halo 2 box! LOL!

13. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    What an empty game box????

14. ashsimmonds

ashsimmonds F1 World Champ

Feb 14, 2004
    adelaide, australia
    Full Name:
    Humble Narrator
    he got second prize in the raffle... :D

15. iceburns288

iceburns288 Formula 3

Jun 19, 2004
    Bay Area, CA
    Full Name:
    Charles M.
    Me nanny luckily knew someone at Media Play who hooked me up at midnight Monday. SO much fun.w00t

16. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    What? I've never seen an Xbox/PS2 version of any game that was better than the PC version. For one, the graphics will NEVER look as good as a PC, the TV just doesn't have the resolution (have to wait for HDTV).

I don't know why people are freaking out over Halo 2 either. Half-Life 2 is the one I'm waiting on, and for now I'll just be playing Unreal Tournament 2004.

What would be fun is for some Ferrarichat people to pick a game, pick a server, and everyone meet up to virtually kill one another.

17. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    We hooked up two TVs and two Xboxs and have 3 vs. 3 Team Slayer. I thought my head was going to cave in!

BTW: The Elite's sword IS awesome.

18. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Yeah, you're the guy i want representing me in court when i'm on trial for something heinous but there's some really obscure legal loop hope that will exhonorate me and you missed it because you fell asleep in class that day because you were playing Halo ALL night, the night before... :)

19. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    LMAO! Or because I skipped class to go play with you in New Orleans... that would be ironic!

20. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Dude, did you skip class that weekend...?!? LOL...!

Will you be there tomorrow...? i haven't seen you post in any of the FFQC threads, so i've kinda assumed that you're not coming... Are you...? It's gonna be an awesome time...

21. ryalex

Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    I did, and I will

22. coolestkidever

coolestkidever F1 Veteran

Feb 28, 2004
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Patrick
    i played it today after school, it was pretty cool but i wasnt drooling over it like alot of other guys in the room. Its a fun game, just like the first one.

23. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    What level is everyone at? I just ended it for today at level 10.