MPH show | FerrariChat

MPH show

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by MalcQV, Nov 8, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Anyone been to a previous MPH show ? Going on the 20th and wondered what to expect other than what is on www.mphshow.co.uk.
    MalcH

2. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Went to the last one as I had interest in a new TVR they were showing there....If I remember correctly, they had a closed off bit full of Ferrari's, I think it was something like the most expensive collection in one place but the queues were ridiculous and not your normal Motor Show queues, much worse! The live show they put on was worth the trip though.

3. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    The live part of the show is what made me decide. Looks like it was a good choice.

4. davesimmo

davesimmo Karting

Oct 17, 2004
    Newark Notts
    Full Name:
    David Simpson
    I really want to go to this show but i am worried about getting there, just how easy is it to find earls court, is there parking nearby and is there signage to Earls Court. Please help. As i need to book soon if i want to go.
    THANKS
    DAVE

5. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H
    Forget about driving , take the tube.

6. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    I suppose you could use the A to Z and trundle in, but it makes far more sense to just park outside town and take the train to the tube (Picadilly or District lines).

The cars on display are fairly standard, but there are enough to make it worthwhile. Last year Aston had a lot of nice cars. And the paddock area behind the stage is full of fantastic supercars like the Zonda, etc.

The show was absolutely superb! Get tickets to it if you go.

7. tvrfreak

tvrfreak F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Mar 31, 2003
    Arkansas
    Full Name:
    F K
    Sagaris or Typhon? And what did you think of it?

8. Big T

Big T Rookie

Jul 5, 2004
    East London
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Sagaris, only because I was told the interior would change and there would be a power upgrade (Supercharged version)...but then rumours about it being delayed, which it now is, no changes to the inside, supercharger was doubtful so moved the order to a Typhon. Still not convinced though and will be sticking to Ferrari or Lambo.

Sagaris wouild be a lot to pay for a dedicated trackday car cos that's all I would like to use this for now, looking at how impractical it is. In the flesh the car looks much much better though.

9. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Live in Manchester and the last time I went to earls court was in 94. We parked up and I think got a tube, though not sure. We parked in London and not the outskirts. On that day I was only a driver and did not take much note where we were! Finding out today what we are gonna do if it helps.

10. davesimmo

davesimmo Karting

Oct 17, 2004
    Newark Notts
    Full Name:
    David Simpson
    great help, i live in Newark on trent in Notts.
    Dont like the thought of driving to London and finding a car park where i can easily get the tube...
    Is it easy enough i mean is there signs for the tube stations lol. I am useless when it comes to finding somewhere. I might just not bother....
    Thanks for your help so far anyway.
    CHEERS
    DAVE

11. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    #11 MalcQV, Nov 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    So long as you are not in the car on your own it is usually quite easy. There is plenty of parking for about £17 pre-book for £1 see www.eco.co.uk for details
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. mindgam3

mindgam3 Rookie

Sep 2, 2004
    anyone whos been before no the differences between the tickets??

whats the difference between the backstage paddock tour, sunday times driving enclosure and car club enclosure??

cheers

13. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Looked up and down for this, to no avail. What exactly is the Paddock ? mphshow website tells you nothing.

14. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Backstage Paddock tour:- A walk around tour of the cars used in the live show.
    I don't think Sunday Times driving enclosure and car club enclosure were available on Saturday.

I have a few photos of the show see http://community.webshots.com/album/221649863xnvTDd

15. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The MPH show was great wasn't it? I really enjoyed the arena event (what car control!), and the static exhibits were varied and interesting. I was amazed that HR Owen had let people crawl all over the cars there rather than cordon them off with burly security guards- a credit to them.

The 612 looked a whole lot better than I expected.

FWIW, I thought the paddock tour was a waste of time- you weren't allowed to stop and look at things as you were moved on by the security staff. The presenters were all tucked away in a portakabin, rather than 'meeting and greeting' which was disappointing.

Robert.

16. MalcQV

MalcQV F1 Rookie

Oct 11, 2004
    Manchester, UK
    Full Name:
    Malc Holden
    Robert, could not agree more the live show was worth everything else. It was almost like watching Top Gear live, but better.

Your right about HR Owen and I never really thought about it. Not been to ca motor show for years and have forgotten how restrictive it is when you want to look at real cars!.

612 was cool so was the 550 (think it was next to it).

The paddock tour was a complete waste of time. We went to it before we saw the live show, so I suppose it would of made more sense to do it the other way around. I did not not know anyone was in the portakabin.

On the whole it was a great day and would recommend it all car nuts.
    I know Jeremy Clarkson can be controversial but Tiff, Jezza and Richard Hammond were fantastic.