You NYC peeps suck!!!! | FerrariChat

You NYC peeps suck!!!!

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by LAfun2, Nov 9, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LAfun2

LAfun2 Three Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    So I have always been a west coast guy at heart. I know weaksauce. Anyways, last thanksgiving I was in NYC for about 5 days. I was looking at NYU/Columbia law schools and it was fun.

I got to experience the city, went to the met museum, and even rode the NYC subways. Man I thought the bay area subways are dirty! The NYC subways gave me a new appreciation for the bay area! :eek:

The city was fun. It was a bit wet during that time of the year, and grey (which I am not used to all the time). I stayed in Long Island in Valley Stream to be exact. THe trip was fun, but seeing dirty cars was not (come on I am used to Cali spit polished cars) :D However, I never saw myself living in the city, and paying exorbant amount of $ for a 2 bedroom when I can have a nice house and garage on the west coast (no doubt the west is $$ too).

However, I read all the threads/post in this section basically every day. THough I don't post, I have to say the way you guys live your lives and hang out, it really makes me move and live in NYC. You guys make it seem like the greatest place on earth is NYC. Just wanted to say, it is reallly cool, from someone like me. I seriously, have never liked a place so much more, after I hated it in the first place. I mean the pushing/shoving by the Macys and in the penn station (if I remember correctly..by Madison Sq. Garden) was horrific.

But thanks for letting me live vicariously through you guys. Maybe some day I will fulfill my dream of living in NYC, just the way it was meant to be done, like the way you guys do it.

Much props.

-Ryan

2. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    All I can say Ryan is that NYC is the best city on earth. You have to live it like a NYC person would...not a tourist. It sounds like you saw all the places that an outsider would see and you also stayed in LI which is a mistake if you want to really experience NYC. Come into town again and I'm sure the EC crew will show you the tim eof your life. I frequent the West (weak) coast and I can tell you while it is a more "relaxed and maybe refined" way of life, it can not compete with the NYC experience.

3. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Eric, I agree it certainly is the greatest city in the world. I have always dreamt of living there, and just enjoying a few years before I had to settle down. I grew up in the suburbs of Los Angeles. I currently live there part of the time, and the other 6 months I live in the heart of SF right next to the bridge. THough I get to live in a city now, it is certainly not the city. Well actually I stayed in LI, because I wanted to get a glimpse of the suburb as well. I wanted to get a well rounded view. I actually have spent some time in Chatham, NJ as well. Now that was a different experience to say the least. ;)

I will be in Toronto for a week in Dec, and hopefully make it out to NYC soon enough. I wish my business took me out there more, but I have to make aliving, and that is all situated out onthe west coast for the current moment. :(

Next time you are out here, send me a PM. Maybe the coolness of the NYC people will rub of on me a little bit. :)

4. 993 guy

993 guy F1 Rookie

May 21, 2004
    Bergen County NJ
    Full Name:
    Eric D
    Will do my friend and let us know when you come into town. Like I mentioned, the EC crew will be happy to entertain in full NYC style! As for Chatham, a very close friend of min elives there and it is a beautiful place...if you're settled down with family of course! ;-)

5. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Thanks for the kind offer. :) Yeah sadly my LA life is exactly like living in Chatham, without the winter. Seems like I am living a lifestyle someone in their 40s should be living.

I think I am going through a midlife crisis before reaching midlife. ;)

6. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ryan U are still a wEak cOASt sUkkA buT wHAt mAKes U aIghT iS
    tHAT u rECogNIZe zEN!
    ryan, i was born and raised in manhattan.
    i love nyc, i love it. but will move out to LA very very soon just because of the CA qualities you mentioned.
    appreciate your kind words about the EC crew, we are a tight knit family.
    please let us know when you will be in town and we will show you how we do
    EC style. NoW gO bACk 2 yoUR wEAK coASt reGIOn zeN!
    jc

EC4LIFE

7. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Hey Jon,

Before I meet you guys, it would be prudent that I learn to talk like you guys. Where can I take a class? ;)

You are very welcome. Just wanted to share some thoughts that how you guys have changed the face of the EC part of the board, and have really brought a different face to the F car ownership experience. Really refreshing to see, in my book. ALso wanted to make the post to tell you guys that what kind of impact you really have, though may not know it. :)

If you move out to LA, hope to hang out with you then. But maybe you won't move out here, and I will get to see you in your natural element.

Now where did I put the book about "how to speak like the cool EC crew" ?

8. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ryan, JusT lET iT flOw zEN jUst leT iT flOW =)
    dONT thInk dO!

buTtUZ u wANt TO giVE thIS hOMie sOmE eC kNOWledGE?!

9. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    ryan where in LA are you from?

because the WC will get an EC invasion real soon:
    black355, me, pchop, hubert888.
    you guys will all have to MAN UP and show up to crystal cove in dirty cars,
    now thats gANgsTA!

10. dwhite

dwhite F1 Rookie

11. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    FweRd Up Zen FIrStOFf yOU a cOoL Ass WeAK CoAsT Sucka yOu TelL ThE TrUTh i am SuRwe evEY eRsoN oN tHe WHoLE FOruM sneaks A PeEK In tHe eC RiegON I peRsoNalY tiNk dAT We shOuLD hAVe oUr own sEcTION On tHJe foRUm And i bEt wE WOuLD stIlL OuT PosT alLtHe rEst of tHe rEgIons TenN tImeS FOld NuH!!!!!!!

i AM GLAd u MANeD uP and pOstEd DaT Ec iS thE Way i jUIST HoPE YoU sTaRt a doMmInO EfFeCt on ThE ReSt oF ThE fOruM

FwWwErRrFfF

12. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    must fwerf that.
    i think rob should give us a EC forum, or rename the ny tri-state to EC.

13. Ed P.

Ed P. Formula 3

Dec 28, 2002
    Long Island
    Full Name:
    No Longer
    DeM Utha WeAK CoSe suKKaZ FiNes oUT U bIn GeTtIN sKoOled In dA EC WaYz, DeY wOnt B LetTIn U BaK In ....NoW GiT !!! ;)

14. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    fWerFzEN!

15. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Yeah, and SCsls sakDlDSI JoIjs SuIDK spIDK osDISPLIF POopOSOlsOo FWEerrasdraS

16. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Attention-catching title Ryan! :)

Here I was, about to jump in and defend my boys, and now I see it's nuthin' but love! Thanks a lot for the shout-out Ryan. We're definitely a tight group, and while we have our ocassional differences, we more than make up for it by the mutual feelings of respect and admiration that we have for each other (most of us, at least). It shouldn't surprise you that we now spend as much time hanging with each other WITHOUT our cars than we do WITH 'em.

Based on the PM's I've gotten, and the general dialogue I've had with "out of towners," it seems like a lot of people "lurk" around the New York Tri-State Forum. Maybe it's our crazy events, maybe it's our level of activity, maybe it's just the Ec eBoNICs, or maybe it's just us - whatever the reason, it's interesting to note that we're having somewhat of a ripple effect on the rest of FerrariChat. And to think, all this from a forum that was effectively "quiet" till February / March of this year.

As for New York City, I'd have to agree with Eric. There is much to see, do, and experience - you just have to know how to go about doing it. A while back, I had a choice to start off after Business School in LA or New York. It was a no-brainer - New York has everything I could ever want, and I ain't planning to leave for a long, long time. But as they say, different strokes for different folks, and I can certainly see the appeal of the West Coast.

We look forward to having you continue being an honorary member of the EC Community, and thanks again for your kind words.

17. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    fwerrf!

just to let you all know that if it wasent for ghost and his first planning of a nice run together we would not have this great friendship that I started as the EC we are just like a gang only we roll in ferraris

big round of applausse for ghost one of our founding fathers.

18. Schultzois

Schultzois Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2004
    FWERRFFF!!! fwErRrFFF! FWweRrRRFF!

19. Merdav

Merdav Formula Junior

Apr 11, 2004

20. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    I grew up in Valencia, CA (home of six flags). Currently I live and work in Calabasas. (close to Malibu).
    Let me know when you guys are here. Though I don't live like you ballers, I will do my best to show you guys a good time and hang out. :)

21. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    My apologies for responding late. I am still trying to translate this thread to my weak coast English, thus having a bit of trouble ;)

Haha, glad you guys didn't take the title to heart. :)

What is funny is, VIk is one of the people I have talked to before you guys had the whole EC setup. I still remember when Vik joined and was asking questions about F cars and other stuff. We talked on some threads. Interestingly enough, he was instrumental like you said. Funny how things all come in a big circle.

Um yeah bro. ;)

If you are ever in SF, let me know! Beautiful roads, and if you ride on 2 wheels, almost nothing better than the windy northern CA roads. :)

The thing is, I am not sure how much success one would have graduating from an out of state law school, then moving to NYC to take the bar and get a job there. Agree, not spending time in LI. THe part of Valley Stream I was in, was nice. Mostly doctors/lawyers kinda upperclass neighborhood. HOwever, seeing a movie in Queens was an experience, with the metal detectors. ;)

Thank you! Since I don't have the EC playas style, I gotta do something to stick out right ;)

Not only love, but respect. Lots of it! You are very welcome. I admire not only how good friends you are, but the overall fun factor of the group. To me it really comes across on the boards, that you guys are real friends, and not only F car pals. If it comes across so clear here, I can't imagine how it is in real life. Great job!

Yeah but I got sick of lurking. It was time to give you guys your props! I think its you guys. All the energy you guys bring, and the friendliness, and the open arms that you guys have for the rest of the community, even when people don't see eye to eye with the EC people. The attitude is phenomenal.

See currently I am in the boat as you. I have choices to start in law school in NY or other places. I have it narrowed down to two places, but big life decision. Though I like the west coast, don't get me wrong, NYC just beckons at me. I am not sure if it is you guys, or the way you guys portray the city.

That would be quite an honor! Once I get the language down, and get an avatar, I will be proud to be the honorary EC member. :)

22. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    Ryan,

i wAS bORn iN cALI zeN. thEN mOVeD 2 Da eC. NyC iS Da nUMbA 1 cRiB iN DA woRLd zeN! tHAnKS 4 dA cOMplIMenTZ 2 oUR Ec reGiON! gREaT 2 C a wEAk COAst sUkKA maN up 2 REcoGNIzE waT eC IS aLl aBouT!!!!

FweRRRRFFfF zeNSzzzzz!!!

23. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    One big FWERFZEN!! to that, Ryan!

I do remember the early days of me vascilating between a Ferrari in New York city or not - thank gosh I made the right decision. ;-) Although I can't remember the specific exchange we had at the time, Ryan, I'm sure you were as helpful as many of the others were.

24. LAfun2

Oct 31, 2003
    California
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    No biggie..I am not as memorable as you guys. I am booooring!:D

I remember most of your posts on insurance threads were like "I live in NYC, 1 ferrari, $xxxxxx. You guys are so lucky who don't live in NY"

Haha..good ole days :D

Huber where in CALI?
    Can you give me some upsides/downsides of living in EC vs CA? Would be helpful.

Thanks

25. Malfoy

Malfoy Formula 3

Mar 22, 2004
    Hampton, VA
    I'm a lurker :(