Testarossa Bound | FerrariChat

Testarossa Bound

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by loreng, Nov 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. loreng

loreng Rookie

Nov 9, 2004
    I have been reading the thread on Testarossa values with great interest. Tomorrow I am buying my plane tickets to go check out a TR. I have been looking for a low mile, properly maintained and serviced car with all of it's records since it was new. "My" car needs to have a black interior and be either black or red. Out of nowhere I found a grey (gregio) one that fits my criteria.
    So seeing the comments on popular colors selling for more than the others where does a grey one fit? This is the first one I have come across so I assume they weren't a popular color in the 80's. Fast forward to today and it appears to me that every other car on the road is either silver or grey. Do any of you own a grey TR? Should a grey one sell for less than a red or black one all things being equal? I would like to hear everyone's opinion.

In my search for a Testarossa it seems like the cars offered in the high 50's with records and under 40,000 miles, sold pretty quickly.

2. Steve Magnusson

Steve Magnusson Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 11, 2001
    30°30'40" N 97°35'41" W (Texas)
    Full Name:
    Steve Magnusson
    Grigio Ext + Black Int on a TR = Gorgeous IMO (but don't tell the Seller that)! A dark, attractive color is a plus on the TR's expansive coachwork (but I prefer the grigio to nero).

Although I like it a lot, I think that you can reasonably include a small $ discount in your valuation (attractive, but still an "alternate" color) -- but don't let it be a deal-breaker.

Benjet's stunning example:

3. gabriel

gabriel Formula 3

Mine is RED, baby!

I like black as well, but red is my favorite.

Who has that blue TR? Is that Slag?

Damn good looking auto.

4. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Hey Gabriel - Yep, I have a blue one.

I like all the colors! That Grigio one looks great!

5. F1Ace

F1Ace F1 Rookie

Mar 15, 2004
    Full Name:
    Wes
    This is a tough one. I'm no expert, but passionate colors like Red and Black seem to be the most predictable in regards to price, off colors are kinda 'double or nothin' situations. Some guys will expect a premium, and some will accept that their color is 'off the beaten path'. I'd say just press your position and see where it goes.

I have seen a Grey (or what I would call Charcoal) one for sale on the internet and think it looks great too. In fact it would look more exotic than the rest. But since it's a 'riding the fence' kind of color it doesn't evoque passion one way or the other.

Like Chiaro's on a Blue kick now, I'm kinda on a Black one, having grown up with enough Red cars perhaps. As an alternate to Black I too would seriously consider a Charcoal one since they do look great. But I would fear that it wouldn't be as fulfilling as a specific color. However, the slats come out better on the Charcoal, and they're easier to keep looking clean.

Best of Luck!
    Wes

6. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    My TR is "charcoal"...well actually nero black metallic. It's a color that most people seem to like, but it's a pain to keep clean just like normal black is. In certain light conditions the car looks awesome, and at other times it's just "okay". My next TR will be a different color....red, blue, or silver.