The British Columbia Thread! | Page 18 | FerrariChat

The British Columbia Thread!

Discussion in 'Canada' started by steve2814, Nov 23, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    its a lighter silver then dicks right?

2. sooriyami

sooriyami Rookie

Dec 5, 2003
    Vancity
    seen the CGT on oak twice already and the sound is insane!

3. leviathan

leviathan Rookie

Dec 3, 2003
    Nice...Just a few days ago, I was waiting at the bus stop southbound on Granville @ W 41st, and I saw only for an instant a car going northbound that I SWORE was a Carrera GT, but I didn't think there were any up here in Vancouver yet. I suppose it's quite likely it was a CGT after reading this thread.

4. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    there are 2 now and anothers on the way

5. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    I SAW A PORSCHE CARRERA GT TONIGHT!!! 12 am, heading northbound on Granville Ave., I was heading home (southbound) with 2 friends, turned around, caught up, and followed it into downtown. My friend got a couple of pictures on his camera phone, I should get those from him within the week...Asian guy, and his wife (I assume), Demonstrator plates (D3 ????)...beautiful car, amazing sound...wow..

6. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Hey vancouver guys,
    sorry to interruot the carrera gt sightings but what the hell is the story with FMoV? Up and running for some time and not even a decent website. ( the buysell.com sight with everything "coming soon" doesn't count)

If any of you are in the area, pass by and see if they are still around.

thanks
    myhorse

7. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    they are more then just around...their inventory is growing...I was there the other day and they has 3 360 Cs and many other 360s/550/575/355/348

8. ClassicFerrari

ClassicFerrari F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

A business collegue of mine and former boss here from Toronto is now running FMoV. Hope things turn around for Ferrari there in BC.

Regards,

Vasco.R

9. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Vancouver has a lot of lambos running around the streets these days

10. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    big smile and Weissach's faces I bet

11. Myhorse

Myhorse Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Sorry, I meant "big smile on Weissachs' faces"

Damn touchpad!!!!

12. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    well, if he is up to it, he would have contacted me with regards to how my buying experience was with my quattroporte. i will stop here without going further.

13. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Did it suck?

14. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Nope actually, Dick's Carrera GT seems to be a more dark silver, almost charcoal colored whereas This new one was definitly lighter silver, I in fact turned around and followed it all the way to the back of a restaurant on Cambie and took a close look at it. I discussed with the owner the differently colored wheel locks for left side (red) and right side (blue) and how that was made for the mechanics to recognize which side the right locks were made for.

Anyways, after about 10 minutes or oh's and ah's from me and some of the other people gathered around, the owner offered me to take a seat in it and then gave me the key to start it. I proceeded to start it and made sure the gear lever was in neutral before releasing the clutch. Gave it a couple of revs and wow, that really is an orgasmic sound. A mix of italian symphony with german engineering tossed into it. I handed the keys back to the owner And drove home with a mile-wide grin. It had 105 kms on it so it was newly delivered!

I will not disclose the owner's name for privacy issues but I'm sure you guys will see him around, he's a very nice asian man and his openess to let me sit in and start it told me alot about him.

I have camera phone pictures of the car and me in the car but my phone is a bluetooth enabled motorola and my computer doesn't have bluetooth yet. As soon as it does, I'll post the pics!

And did I see someone say 3 CS's at FMoV?

Too bad they aren't doing well, Lamborghini's are so comon now!

15. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

cool write up.......and yes I said there were 3 cs there..... silver one, red one and a red one with the stripe

16. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco
    AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good game boys, both sides played very well.

;)

17. steve2814

steve2814 Formula Junior

Aug 28, 2002
    Bentley Continental GT, black, at 615pm on River Road in Terra Nova in Richmond...god that car is ugly...

18. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

Im starting to like it a bit more.......

19. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    Saw DH in his Carrera GT tonight at around 11pm on Robson. Sweet sound but the owner was rather arrogant when I had a small chat with him at a street corner...and I was driving the E55 tonight. Impressed by the car, not by the owner.

P.S. This means I've been able to spot both Carrera GT's delivered by MCL so far.

20. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd
    Thats sad to hear..... I still have not seen a CGT

21. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    so a CGT driver is supposed to treat someone better if that someone drives a nicer car (E55 vs MC)? that is just too bad.

can you imagine all the people the owner have to make small chats with at street corners? if i drive a CGT i would have better things to do...

22. ClassicFerrari

Lifetime Rossa

Jan 7, 2004
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Vasco

Better things to do?.....Than to talk to people who are also enthusiasts and are interested in your car???

Not sure if I am understanding that last comment correctly but just to let you know.....we are all people.

Pretty sad. When I drive a ride like that I would not be like that CGT driver, I would have respect for people and treat then the way they deserve. Who am I because I am driving expensive metal?

Respect is a wonderful thing.

Vasco.R

23. ToddB

ToddB Formula 3

Nov 4, 2003
    Vancouver B.C./OC
    Full Name:
    Todd

agree Vasco

24. VanCooper

VanCooper Formula Junior

Oct 16, 2002
    I could say that it was a dissapointment compared to my other encounter with a Carrera GT (see previous posts in this thread).

But it doesn't make the car bad, the Carrera GT is a fabulous Porsche no matter who drives it. The sound that thing makes is un-reproduced and it's so well conceived that the CGT won an engineering prize (exactly which one I don't know)

25. Kewpie

Kewpie Formula Junior

Jun 7, 2004
    canada
    Full Name:
    !
    if you drive a nice car and on every street corner some enthusiasts or kids stops you and starts asking you repetitive questions, you do get a little tired. yes, people are people. i think respect is good. why now let the driver enjoy his ride and not bugging him?

at 11pm on robson street, i m sure if you drive a CGT you would have many more things to do than to chat with guys about cars.