F1 Cutaway Williams FW14B | FerrariChat

F1 Cutaway Williams FW14B

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Soichiro, Nov 10, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Soichiro

Soichiro Rookie

Nov 9, 2004
    #1 Soichiro, Nov 10, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Here are some shots of my cutaway Tamiya Williams model. I've posted shots of cutaway models before, but this is my most detailed yet. Some things of note (not sure the pics will show these, private me for bigger files).
    - progressive cutaway The body is cut to show the tub, tub is cut to show the seat, seat is cut to show what's underneath it (fire bottle and plumbing)
    - weathered appearance to the electronics in the sidepod
    - real rubber / duct tape holding electronics to the tub
    - many turned aluminum pieces replace the plastic pieces (intake trumpets etc.)
    - cutaway wheels and tires
    - homemade 1/12 scale tire stickers and HANS® device
    - aftermarket tobacco decals
    Enjoy! These take a year of evenings and weekends to make! I also post an overall shot of all the cutaways I've made, including the Ferrari (641, Prost) that sold some time ago. I miss it! Regards gm
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    great stuff. you better subscribe soon. you are soon to run out of picture posting space.

3. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    before getting out, post some ferrari pictures, this is a Ferrarichat, you know......

and i'm sure we will love your Ferrari F1 cutaway...., greetings, vincent.

4. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
  5. speedy_sam

speedy_sam F1 Veteran

Jul 13, 2004
    TX
    Full Name:
    Sameer
    Amazing. I assume you have a non-cut version of the same car also for display purposes :)

6. Soichiro

Soichiro Rookie

Nov 9, 2004
    Speedy - the other side of each car is left intact, so if you desire, you can show that side too. I have some display cases with mirrors on the back, so that works well.

7. doug328

doug328 Formula 3

Mar 11, 2004
    The Space Coast, FL
    Full Name:
    Doug B
    Great job, looks like it takes a lot of work and patience. Did you have to scratch build the interiors??