My 1/12 F2002 - A progress thread | FerrariChat

My 1/12 F2002 - A progress thread

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Mike360, Nov 6, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #1 Mike360, Nov 6, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay guys
    Ive bought a Revell AG 1/12th F2002. Its a good kit in that it is prepainted and alot of that hard work has been done for me, but there are a few issues im having with it already. Its common knowledge that this kit is very sparse on the detail, well the engine detail for that matter, and there is not much to write home about when it comes to detail on this kit. Basically, im wanting to build a model that will look good from a distance, im not worried about engine detail, the cover will be closed.
    Ive ordered some Marlboro decals for the kit.
    Also a resin driver figure.
    I know the detail is bad on this kit, but hey, who can argue with having a 1/12th F2002 in their collection???
    Here are some pics.
    Stay in touch as i will update as i go along....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. VROOM!!!

VROOM!!! Formula 3

Feb 11, 2004
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Sweet model Mike! Keep us updated.

3. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #3 Mike360, Nov 6, 2004
  4. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    Don't tell me you only made the wheels (15 minutes) until now..........

still waiting for pictures ..............come on.................

5. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #5 Mike360, Nov 11, 2004
  6. Soichiro

Soichiro Rookie

Nov 9, 2004
    Can you compare the quality and detail of this kit with Tamiya or Protar? How about decals - does it have the carbon texture decals? Marlboro? Thanks.

7. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Basically the detail compared to Tamiya and Protar is very VERY bad. Im not even going to bother the detail the engine or even post it up here, due to the fact that it is plain and simply not worth it. Trust me, if you want detail, look elsewhere.
    The decals are good. No there are no Marlboro decals, but they can be order off sites like Mediamix etc.... Studio 27 make the decals as well as a few other less known companies. Yes there are Carbon decals, although not the best ive seen, but they seem to do. They only have them for the suspension arms and the insides of the rear wing.

8. N24RE

N24RE Formula Junior

Dec 8, 2003
    Greensboro NC
    Full Name:
    Steve Jones
    keep the photos coming...I am planning on buying this model based on how yours turns out

9. Schatten

Schatten F1 World Champ
    Owner

Apr 3, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Full Name:
    Randy
    same here. even if the quality isn't up to par with the Tamiyas. but heck, I believe they only have the 1/24th, and the 1/12th would just rock.

10. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    More photos coming.
    Just one major gripe with this model now, the fitment of the panels is very poor. Frustratingly poor. So poor in fact, make sure you have sandpaper before you build this model.
    Sorry about the delay of the pics, id love to be doing this model full time!

11. Sean F.

Sean F. F1 Rookie

Feb 4, 2003
    Kansas
    Full Name:
    Sean F
  12. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Yeah i have seen that review before. Before i wanted to buy the kit i was hunting around for a review. They were very sparse.
    Just thought id help out fellow fchatters by doing my own.
    Posting pics up tonight.....

13. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    #13 Mike360, Nov 17, 2004
  14. vince308

vince308 Formula 3

May 23, 2003
    belgium
    Full Name:
    vincent
    hey Mike, didn't you build the model ????

Why didn't you continue ?

I will start building the model next week, and maybe i can continue where you ended ?

greetings, vincent, Belgium.

15. Mike360

Mike360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    Sydney, Australia
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey Mate

NOPE i havnt built this model. Do you want to know where it is? IN THE BOTTOM OF A HEAP IN MY GARAGE. WHY?
    Cause IMO this model is so f**king hard to get right, and with all different pressures on me from work, family etc.... i put it down.
    Meanwhile i have started a new model, a 1/24 Tamiya TSO20 Toyota GT1. Something a little easier.

You will have PROBLEMS with the panel fit. I can assure you of that. And it is substancial problem at that. If you have the patience and skill to do it, you will make one fine model. If you dont, like me, then forget about it.

Revell bring out the best range of Models, but the poorest IMHO.

Keep me updated brother, and if you snap any bits, let me know. Ill airmail them over to you. And that's a serious offer.

Good luck and feel free to take over this thread if you want. OR start you own, whatever you want.

Keep me posted on the progress, with PICS!!

-Mike