Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz | FerrariChat

Gots to Pay to Play PlaYaz

Discussion in 'New York Tri-State' started by Hubert888, Nov 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    This is going to I'm sure upset/annoy/piss off some people, but I have to write down my frustrations. Other people agree with me on this issue and I hope everyone can understand and be cool with what I am going to say.

I always have a great time with the EC crew everytime we happen to meet up. We crack each other up with jokes. We drink together like fishes and get smashed together :). We drive like schumacher wannebes on the streets of NYC. We are like a tight crew!

We are all plaYaz in my book. We love to party, we love to hang. But one thing that bothers me is that if u want to hang with the playaz, u have to pay to play. Expecting to go to a club and have a good time drinking bottles of vodka is the way it should be! However, if u show up....u got to pay.

At a club or lounge (not bars though), if we all agree before we go in that we are going to get bottle service, even if you arent going to drink, it is my feeling that you still have to pay your share evenly. Everyone knows by now that at clubs and lounges in NYC, they make you buy a certain number of bottles depending on the headcount in your group, whether or not some people are drinking or not. For people who arent familiar with this policy, it is usually around 3 or 4 people per bottle. So if you have 12 people in your group, they will force you to buy 3 or 4 bottles. However, if you have mad connections at the place, it is a different story.

But in any case, I definitely DONT think it is fair at all to make the other people in your party pay for you. I don't mind paying for some people once in a while, BUT when it happens most of the time, I get a little upset and feel that they are taking advantage of me and the other playas. I have paid many times for other people in the EC because they weren't drinking or they left the club/lounge early, but it has to come to a stop now. I don't like getting footed for the bill and I'm sure the other true EC playaz dont like it either. Yes, I may be more financially secure than the average american, but that does not mean in any way that I am obligated to pay other people's share.

Bottle service at clubs and lounges in NYC is expensive. It runs usually $350-500 a bottle, depending on venue, and that is before the 20% tip and 8% tax! Please be a true EC plaYa and pay up next time if we go to a club or lounge. If you don't plan on drinking and paying, then I think you should respect the other people who are willing to pay and not walk into the club with us to get a bottle-serviced table. Also, if you bring chicks or friends with you, please make sure they pay too or you pay for them, even if they arent going to drink either.

I have no problems if the clubs or lounges we go to dont charge by headcount. But, one suggestion for people who dont want to pay to play, if you still want to hang out at our table in the same club/lounge that we are at that nite, please stand in line outside the club to get in because it's free that way and you can buy drinks at the bar. There is no nicer way to phrase what I just wrote in the previous sentence, but **** it.

Please be an EC playa and not just an EC member.

FWERFFF!

2. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    fWeRF zEN!

hubie, glad you MANED UP on this subject because ive thought about this as well.
    i live by the motto: gots to pay to play. and never to owe anyone anything.
    we are all good friends here in the EC so there is and will never will be "beef" amongst us. some people in the EC crew have not been pushing their weight. thats fine but to be an EC playa not member you have to and be ready to take care of your own.

3. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    another example is this:

if you want to swim with the whales, then you gots to be a whale, otherwise
    swim with the fishes. there is nothing wrong or disrespectable about that.
    what is disrepectable is being those little fishes that eat off of the whales.

4. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Well said, Hubert. I for one was not aware of some of these points, so I appreciate the education. It is not fair for a few people to get stuck paying.

5. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    beef and brockree!!!

fweerdupzen !

huebert buy me a f40!

6. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Double fwerf.

7. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i wrote this because a few of us and I felt VERY embarassed to get kicked out of a club last night because of our party wouldnt fork out the full amount of the bill in advance because we didnt want to charge it on our credit cards and get footed for the bill later

8. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle

oh splifasis!!!!!!

it was like dat dam zen

who was it?

kieth ? no it couldnt have been him he was to busy telling the weather man what the weather is going to be like for the next year!

9. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    fwerf hubie,

like everyone else, i have been to that club MANY times, and every time
    i have had fun, and been treated very nicely and with respect. last night
    i was embarrassed and treated like sh!!. i have NEVER been told to leave
    anywhere because money was an issue. NEVER. gots to pay to play
    very simple.

10. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    yO tHATs mY fAvoRITE zEN!

buttuz, we got you a football to play with. for real. haha

11. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Yikes. Sorry to hear that.

So is Marquee off the list of EC hot spots?

12. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    werd zen. you will love da football.

13. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle

hahahahahaha fwerd?

weres it at?

i guess i should ask kieth he would know.

14. W00dEar

W00dEar F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Feb 24, 2004
    LI, NY
    Full Name:
    Chris
    u still can go if u arrive on foot or taxi and hope they dont recongnize ur face :)

15. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    well, i just feel sorry for david and ali and whoever else frequents Marquee on a regular basis and who know the promoters or the club staff.

david, hats off to you on trying to remedy this situation last nite. sorry our party embarasssed you and stuff.

16. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    nothing is off of the EC playa hot list until we say so.

no fear in going back, gots to pay to play, remember?!

17. Black355

Black355 F1 Veteran

Feb 3, 2004
    Full Name:
    Emil
    Yo. I think the playaz should hit Marquee, or another club of David's choosing, a drop an obscene amount of money some night...

18. JC360

JC360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    NYC...and soon WC 2
    Full Name:
    Jon C.
    thats exactly what i think. that the EC bIG DOgS should all coordinate and go out, i dont mind if its marquee, and just party the way an EC pLAya knows how.

19. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Good post Hubi. I'm getting tired of hearing about how good friends of mine keep getting stiffed with the bill because of freeloaders. Our attitude of inclusiveness seems like it is being misinterpreted, and taken advantage of. Very disappointing. It may be time to revert to a small group of True Playaz, like when we first started.

20. Buttuz4eva

Buttuz4eva F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Dec 14, 2003
    LONG ISLAND N.Y.
    Full Name:
    Challenge Farrelle
    I WILL BE ON THE FLOOR PICKING IT UP!!!!!!

21. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    so who was the freeloader?

22. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    to buy ur F40 right? :)

23. Hubert888

Hubert888 F1 Veteran
    BANNED

May 14, 2003
    Manhattan & LA
    Full Name:
    Hubert
    i dont think we should talk about who did what. the issue here is that the playaz should not be taken advantage of.

24. ghost

ghost F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 10, 2003
    Singapore
    Fwerfzen!

25. F5506M

F5506M Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Ray
    I agree with everyone here you have to know your limits and live within those limits there is nothing wrong with that. It is when you try to surpass your limits by abusing someone elses genorosity/friendship that it becomes unacceptable behavior.