328GTS Colour Coded Roof Panel | FerrariChat

328GTS Colour Coded Roof Panel

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by f328nvl, Nov 11, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    As the FOC site hasn't turned up any ideas, I'll try here.

Does anybody know where I can get a reasonably priced colour coded roof panel for my 328? Maranello quoted £2k plus £400 for the lining, surely someone can make one/ get one and respray it for less than that?

jg

2. jeffQV

jeffQV F1 Rookie

Feb 13, 2004
    NZ
    Full Name:
    jeff
    have you tried the usual suspects for a second hand panel?
    eurospares
    KHPC
    douglas valley etc etc

I usually come up trumps after ringing around a lot!

Good luck!

3. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    I'd like to do the same - I thought the vinyl looking covering would come off revealing metal? If not then the hunt for a metal one is on like you!!

4. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    any on ebay guys?

5. Robertb

Robertb Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    South Oxfordshire, U
    Full Name:
    Robert
    The roof panel on the 355 was always vinyl, according to Guy Tedder at Talacrest. Colour coding was always done by the dealer- I assume therefore it can be done equally easily to the 328.

It can be done to your existing roof- a couple of years ago, Guy said it would cost about £300 to paint the vinyl roof of a 355 I was considering.

Might be worth giving him a call...

www.talacrest.com

Robert.

6. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    Thanks chaps, I'll let you know what I find out, although I was always feel a bit guilty going in to Talacrest as I've test driven god knows how many cars there and when I finally got my cheque book out bought from KHPC on my first visit.

jg

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The 328 roof is not vinyl-covered, but rather fiberglass with a vinyl pattern molded into it. I too have been considering a painted roof, but don't want to mess up the original part.

I'm currently considering getting one of those carbon fiber replacements and having it painted. It is significantly cheaper than the original part, and would require less finish work to paint.

Just a thought.

8. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    My idea was to have two panels - a vinyl for summer when it's mainly off and behind the seat and a coloured one for winter when it's on. I'm told that the option of a painted one behind the seats just leaves you with a scruffy scratched roof at the end of the year as it enevitably gets chucked about when not in place.

jg

9. geofflowe

geofflowe Formula Junior

Sep 16, 2004
    Souffampton
    Full Name:
    Geoff Lowe
    If I find out before its posted here I'll let everyone know - in the meantime if the someone gets a firm answer I'd like to know too.

10. Rod

Rod Formula Junior

Jan 18, 2004
    South Derbyshire
    Full Name:
    Rod
    Tillman..

Are the Carbon fiber ones readily available? if so who from?

Rod

11. johnb@macarbon

johnb@macarbon Formula Junior

Feb 24, 2004
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    John Borchelt
    We sell the carbon roof panels for the 308/328. Feel free to give me a call or email. Not sure how much cheaper they are than a used stock one but they are a few pounds lighter and provide an extra inch of headroom.

John Borchelt
    Maranello Auto
    www.macarbon.com

12. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    John

Can you deliver to the UK and at what cost? With the $US where it is against the £, you are a viable supplier to us right now, and let's face it we need more roofs in the UK than you do in California - we're probably a bigger market!

jg

13. f328nvl

f328nvl Formula Junior

Nov 10, 2004
    Herts
    Full Name:
    John
    John
    Try Douglas Valley who advertise in the Ferrari Owners Magazine Tel
    01257 472866 www.douglasvalley.co.uk always worth a go.
    Regards

Arthur

14. dinolover

dinolover Rookie

Nov 13, 2004
    Hi Guys, just joined this forum and saw your thread on 328 targa panels. I have a black one if anyone is interested.It is missing the catches but is otherwise in very nice condiiton and presumably easily painted.Incidentally, my dino has its roof colour coded(although now in restoration it is the only part painted).The previous owner who had this done reckoned it added 2mph to the top speed although I'm not sure i believe this!

15. Tonyboy

Tonyboy Rookie

Jun 26, 2004