Does anyone actually drive their Ferrari's in the Midwest? | FerrariChat

Does anyone actually drive their Ferrari's in the Midwest?

Discussion in 'North Central - USA (MI, IN, OH, KY, WV)' started by hoffmeister, Nov 5, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hoffmeister

hoffmeister Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I mean aside from Davey_Jones and Pizzadude here on FChat, I think I may have seen 2 other Ferraris (in the wild) since I've returned home from overseas earlier this year. Also, I've noticed that if you total up all the posts from the North Central Midwest, North Midwest and Central Midwest Threads COMBINED we barely have more than just North and South Carolina's Thread! So what's going around here? Any ideas?

-Jesse

2. teflon

teflon Formula Junior

May 16, 2003
    Full Name:
    Greg A
    Not every Ferrari owner in the midwest posts on this forum?

Greg A

3. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    i've seen about 11 different ferraris in the midwest
    about 6 512's / testarossas
    1 360
    and some older ones

4. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

#4 Oengus, Nov 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  5. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I'm sure that's possible. But my point was that for all the owners that DO post in this forum, the Midwest areas are not very active for as many different states that they encompass. Just wondering if that is due to lack of interest, non-ownership, or what?

-Jesse

6. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I've seen a fair share in and around Newburgh and Evansville. You just gotta know when and where to go hunting for them.

7. Jerrari

Jerrari F1 Veteran

Jul 24, 2001
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Jerry Wiersma
    The reason that I hardly ever post here is that my posts are hardly ever answered, there are just too few people visiting this section. I check this section EVERY time that I am on F-Chat (2-4 times/day) and there is hardly ever anything new. I much prefer going to Florida or NY/Tri-states....at least people seem alive there.

8. Oengus

Oengus F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed Silver Subscribed

DIDDO!!

9. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I feel the same way. I asked a question on here once and got ZERO replies. So I know what you mean. That's why I started this thread, to see what the deal was.

10. Doug

Doug Formula 3

Nov 13, 2003
    Louisville KY
    Full Name:
    Doug
    I'm just down from you in Louisville and I drive mine whenever I get a chance. I don't see many on the road down here either.

11. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    I too agree with Jerry. I drive my TR as much as I can around my small town in southern Michigan...and have yet to see another Ferrari except at a show or at Gingerman at the big gathering. I wish there were more fcars out on the road too.....I am an island in a sea of domestics (and rednecks). In fact I went to Walmart for "supplies" this morning and took the TR. Parked in a good spot much distance from the store. Came out to see 4 people looking at the car. My TR is black, and for some reason most people think it's a Lambo! I guess they can't read the script on the engine decklid. I plan on driving the TR most of the day today....running errands or whatever. I would be totally thrilled to run into another Ferrari some day! In a really small town south of me about 15 miles (Fremont, Indiana) I know there lives a white Testarossa...but it never gets out of the garage. I've seen the tail end one time just as the door was going down. I've heard the car is an '89 with something like 7k miles on it. Too bad!

It would be nice to meet many of you at Gingerman next year....perhaps we should start planning on it? Let's put this thread to good use.

12. Webby

Webby F1 Veteran

Sep 12, 2004
    i've seen 2 360's in Dayton OH and my friend said that he recently saw a ferrari next to a lamborghini at the club he works at ... he said he got a picture, so if i can get it i'll scan it and post it
    i haven't seen many ferrari's around where I live but there's a lot near Indianapolis

13. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    I second that! It would be nice to start using this thread to actually meet people and to go on drives with on nice days. The 2 other people that I have met thru this site are really great people.

There are quite a few, but you never see them out and about.

14. Ricambi America

Ricambi America F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Owner

I moved away... from Missouri (St. Louis) to North Carolina !

-d

15. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse

I just drove thru your area Tuesday. Down 77 to 40 in Winston-Salem area. Had a job interview in Fayetteville. Then drove down to SC to visit some relatives. But aside from moving, I'd like to see more people from this site get together around here and go on drives and what not.

16. carguy

carguy F1 Rookie

Oct 30, 2002
    Alabama (was Mich.)
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    When is the next gathering at Gingerman? I know I'll be going....I really look forward to it immensely. I got a ride in an F40 last time.....a dream come true for me! What an animal that car is!

17. 348_Spiderman

348_Spiderman Formula 3

Feb 16, 2004
    Cumming, GA
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Hey, I agree. I've also been trying to find a pulse here as well, I think that we should start banding together to get something going here in the midwest!

I've met up with a few fchatters at a Kart 2 Kart meeting one saturday afternoon a few weeks back.

It's a shame that the good driving weather is coming to a close around here, but if anyone has some good ideas about getting together next when the weather improves again, I'm game for it.

Mike

18. FerrariFrank1

FerrariFrank1 F1 Rookie

Aug 15, 2003
    Chicago-Phoenix-L.A.
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Hey! You guys are always more than Welcome to join us on the Chicago section of FChat. We have quite a few,although,not as many as there used to be,who regularly visit the FChat/Chicago section. We'll definitely answer your posts! The more,the merrier!

We aren't that far away from you guys,really. We've actually done a couple Drives up into South Eastern Wisconsin. And,next year,are planning on going up to Milwaukee and taking the Ferry across Lake Michigan over to Michigan,then Cruising around there,if anyone wants to meet up with us... And,I would like to plan a Drive to Frankenmuth,MI. for Oktoberfest next Fall.(An Overnighter,for sure!...:) ) And,Track events...

The F1 Race at Indy,along with the FCA Nationals...Alot of us are planning on heading out there,and would really like to meet up with you guys in Indiana. I mean,we are only 3-4 hours away from Indy...close enough to meet up with you guys,and visa versa.(If you ever want to cruise up here.)

We do quite a few "Drives" throughout the Year. Which you are all more than Welcome to attend. Hey,why not make an "Over Nighter" out of it if you'd like. We are planning some of those for next Year,too....Suggestions?...

We have also "Resurrected" the Ferrari Owners Club,(F.O.C.) here in the Midwest,and that INCLUDES ALL of you guys,too! You are more than Welcome to join that,too. Check out our Website at: www.focmidwest.com and check out a few that we've posted,(not all) of the Drives and Events that we've had so far,in this,our First Year. We are really having alot of Fun with the Enthusiastic Group that we have. (Check out the different "Drive Threads" on Chicago FChat) The Motto of the F.O.C. is: "We DRIVE!"...and THAT is excatly what we want to do with our Ferrari's,as Enzo intended...Not stick 'em in a Garage somewhere with a Cover over them...

I've seen Ferrari's here in the Chicago Area,(I live in the Western Suburbs,about 20 miles West from Chicago.) From Minnesota,Wisconsin,Indiana,Michigan,Missouri,Ohio and Kentucky.

We did a Drive a week ago down to Starved Rock State Park,in Utica,Il. Which is about 90 Miles Southwest from my house,(or,110 miles SW of Chicago). 2 Guys from Peoria,IL. drove up in their Ferrari's and met us there. It was great to see and meet them.

Also,we started a "Spotted" thread,quite awhile ago. (To Date: 254 Replies. 6,545 Views.) Where we post when we see a Ferrari while we are out Driving somewhere. Most of the time,no reply. So that just shows that there are quite a few Ferrari owners that don't check out FChat, (but we're working on that.) But,we do get some replies,occassionally,and have met up with them.

So,please,check out the "Chicago Thread" once in awhile. We'd really like to get to know some more,fellow Ferrari Owners and Enthusaist from all over the Midwest. We really aren't all that far away from each other...a nice DRIVE away,maybe?...:)

19. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    was that picture taken at fall creek and shadelon?
    Also I've seen 2 360's, 4 355's, 2 tr's in Fishers, and a 308 and 348 in castleton so there a few, but not many.

20. mr2speedracer

mr2speedracer Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    Nate
    i dont see many around but i did see a black or blue maybe 360 on the going the otherway on fri outside of cleveland. i thought about it the rest of the drive home( to east lansing,MI)

21. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Yep. This was taken after the FCA-CIC Sunday Brunch at Matteo's in Noblesville. Myself and 2 other F-Chat members went for a drive after the brunch. The funny thing was, there was like 10-15 Ferrari's there and no one going for drives except the 3 of us. Did everyone else drive straight home afterwards? WTF?

22. Dan Ciezniewzky

Dan Ciezniewzky Formula 3
    BANNED

Sep 6, 2004
    Indianapolis
    dam, i wished i new about the meet. next time you guys get together let me know, I'ld like to come. I don't have a Ferrari, an NSX though, but I'm working on it. :)

23. hoffmeister

Nov 1, 2003
    Baghdad...again
    Full Name:
    Jesse
    Sure no problem. PM me your number and I'll give you a call when we go out next. It maybe this week sometime.

-Jesse

24. SMS

SMS F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2004
    Indy
    Full Name:
    Bill S.
    Spotted a silver 550 on the way to work this am in west Michigan. Couldn't catch him, darn Toyota holding up traffic!

BTW, I drove my 308's a lot. To work, to church, to the store. (Made up reasons to go of course!) And the usual rual road fun runs.
    I am still between Ferraris now however.

There are a couple that run around my home town of Freetown, In. population only about 600, but great roads so a few of us have fun cars.

25. skipgt4

skipgt4 Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    GR Michigan
    Full Name:
    Charles VDB
    Bill, Was that on I-96 on the way into GR? I knew a guy in town that had one but I thought he sold it out of state. I will have to check