*****Y in her AINT it??? | FerrariChat

*****Y in her AINT it???

Discussion in 'United Kingdom' started by jameson, Nov 11, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    been on here couple of months now, and must say its a bit *****y aint it!!!
    lots of people *****ing about this and that.... come on everybody these sites are suppossed to be helpful, friendly places, know you wont get everyone to agree with everything, but really is there any need to get personal, if someone says something, you dont agree with, Ok say something, but dont get personal with it, all sites need members new or old, and all sites need different views, after all members and views is what keeps them going, and if people only get slagged why are new people going to subscribe, to a site that offers nothing but sad *****ing....
    some of the People on here are are owners of probably the worlds best car.... so why not make it a site that lives up to that mantle!!!
    dont want possible newbies coming on here and thinking oh thats just a joke site!!!
    cos remember whatever business or walk of live we are in, we all need new people somewhere along the way !!!

2. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve
    here here fella

3. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    just shocks me that seems to be some very childish vendettas going on, Not what this site is for Surely.
    blimey im going on now!!!
    come on lets get this site full of info, advice helpfulness, there is enough of other crap going on out there every day, as im sure most of you will agree...

4. stevep

stevep F1 Veteran

Jan 19, 2004
    Geordie Land
    Full Name:
    steve

thats what it normally is fella, just soemtimes i think people get a little blinkered, and also the nature of the beast is people will get clicky if they attend drive outs ect together

5. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I can see how the clickyness can be off putting, but as a new member do you feel that it is unfriendly of hostile towards new members?

I agree with you by the way....

6. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    Not hostile to me cos i dont worry about things like that, but i can see to some it would feel that way, I dont know the background to all the argueing is, and dont really care, but its a shame cos sad to say, that it only takes one or two and drags the ol place down with it, every one gets labeled and the site will only suffer.
    but sure there are enough people on here that do care, otherwise they would not give there time on here
    come on take a look at yourself and ask what is wanted and what is way forward...

7. ferrarimadbloke

ferrarimadbloke Karting

Aug 19, 2004
    Porthcawl S.Wales
    Full Name:
    Leyton Thomas
    Errrrrrrr, get a life!

8. jameson

jameson Rookie

Sep 6, 2004
    yes thats what we mean......itelligence

9. chaa

chaa F1 Veteran

Mar 21, 2003
    I have always said that there is an irritating clickyness on this forum, this is the first time i have read some one else saying it. And its not just the new members that see it.

10. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    I don't know how we can change the "clickyness". I think it is inevitable when you get a group of people who communicate regularly and know each other.

In all honesty I'm not personally that irritated by the clickyness as I know the people in question, and I'm as bad as the rest for piling into a flame war, but I agree that it is relentless. A intersting post is quickly lost amidst a stream of "fatty" and "chocolate starfish" comments.

I just wish people wouldn't keep hijacking threads......

11. Anthony_Ferrari

Anthony_Ferrari Formula 3

Nov 3, 2003
    Sheffield, UK
    Full Name:
    Anthony Currie
    Although I've been around for quite a while I still think of myself as a newbie on this site. There are cliques on the site, but that is just natural. The impression I get is that the UK site consists of a hard-core of people who take the piss out of each other in a funny and good-humoured way. However I think that on the whole the people in the 'gang' are more than happy for new people to join in.
    I don't own a Ferrari so I can't really join in a discussion about the merits of synthetic or mineral oil in a 355 etc, but I can share the passion and I actually find a lot of the technical stuff interesting.
    The recent problems here are not limited to Ferrari forums. It is just something that happens on the internet. The typed word is incredibly inpersonal and it is very easy to read a sentence in a number of different ways.
    By and large there are probably less rows here than there are on most other forums, but us humans will always find something to argue about! ;)

12. sletti

sletti F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Nov 19, 2003
    NW Kent
    Full Name:
    Stig W
    Doubtless this is largely true, but it takes someone with confidence to wade in at the deep end and join in. IF you are not an overly confident person, you may post a small comment on a safe (ie non OT! ;)) thread and then have is swallowed up in a stream of dialogue that has no bearing to the original thread.

To analogise; I'd be happy to jump on a bus that were travelling at 5Mph, but frankly, this one scorches along at Mach 2 some of the time!

But on the other hand, my partner has never posted on Fchat despite having an ID, but she is on here as much as I, and is hugely amused by the goings on! (she's probably reading this now........)